Inokatsu M1911A1 Standard Edition

a lot of people will say "The original WWII Colt has loose fittings also!" Well, AFTER HOLDING a REAL WWII COLT 1911A1, yes it's loose. But not inokatsu loose! If a solid pistol is 100%, colt is like 85%-90% solid, with 10% play. Inokatsu is more like 50%-60% play. Even the safety selector is loose as hell. The colt is 100% solid on the safety selector, Inokatsu is like 40-50%.

The fitting is probably 50% of original colt.

Well, that's a pity when they're charging enough of a price tag to probably hand-assemble those things.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Unboxing Video [media=] [/media]  Impressions   Upon opening the box has been less than impressive. The orange barrel, the "loose" nature of the gun, and the "new" finish. There has been nume

I had a ra tech kimber royal 2 and I was not happy with it, the frame and slide were really nice and well finished (nearly as nice as NOVA,PRIME) but the internals were cheap kjw rubbish, the hammer i

FYI, just got this. If you are considering it, re-consider it. RA Kimber > INO 1911. KWC 1911 > INO 1911 (obviously not in all areas but the KWC impressed me more out of the box than the INO) ..

Posted Images

Hey guys.

I just put up a new YouTube video regarding this pistol. I don't think it will settle any of the discussions going on here but I do an unboxing, share information and my opinion of it and "compare" it to the KWC 1911 CO2 pistol.

Check it out:

Hey guys.

I just put up a new YouTube video regarding this pistol. I don't think it will settle any of the discussions going on here but I do an unboxing, share information and my opinion of it and "compare" it to the KWC 1911 CO2 pistol.

Check it out:

Jesus, the hammer dropping when you click the safety off...... that is BAD.

Hi, with all respect for those flaws that your gun displays- some similar, some different to mine- I would like to moderate your cristisism abit. Tech wise, we now its a clone and what we pay for are steel parts with the right surface treatment. Here Ino delivers I feel, but unfortunately not regarding the fine tuning/ craftmanship when assembling. Mine flaws are different but Im happy with mine

I guess it differs depending on your hopes and expectations for this pistol. For me there are a bit too many flaws, and then you know it also depens on what your take on the whole "WW II style" sloppy production story is.

I'm not trying to say it's complete *suitcase*, even if it may sound like it (there is a point in the video where I go "dang, now that I hold it, it feels damn nice!" LOL ), I'm just trying to share my info and experience so other people can make informed decisions on whether or not to buy it.

Hi, I didn't mean to sound to harsh on you. Your slide's left line is bad as well as the fit of your mainspring housing. This is the core valid point of cristisism towards Ino it think. Why such a bad craftmanship,with diff level of guns? I for my part have a, for my liking to loose frame/slide fit. But most of the issues are fixable and regarding the Q vs RS - I bought some free RS 1911a1 (not Colt branded though) components and the Ino trigger, sight, slidelock etc is much better done.

Of course if you compare with a plastic TM there a lot of imperfections but Ino takes the step - from toy to a RS feel which is the uniqueness of it all. It is little like when they launched th M4 in 2008- the first version was also a "beta" with lots of imperfections. The 2009 which I have had for 4 years now is just fantastic. This is the story with first mover players/companies. And price wise, we need to be realistic,  look today, what is the price level of a comparable copy in the case of M4s (Viper)? USD 6-700 vs Ino 900, so talking about that Ino was overpricing is wrong.

A brand premium of 30-40% is just normal in all business. And why is the original mr Ino out of buiness with alot of suppliers after him if he earned a fortune? No, Inos products are the output a passion, unfortunately not alway combined with professionalism. Also take into consideration your Ratech, which I understand has much better fit, (replicating a modern, commercial gun). As I understand Ratech took a lot of shortcuts by using KJW alu/magnesium parts and just delivering a frame+slide in steel, still charging more than Ino?

Dare to work and fiddle with Your Ino and I would guess it will become a great one, (buy a RS mainspring housing for example -a free part in Sweden). I have fiddled with mine and all issues are gone, It is a great gun. I abraided a bit with crome-polish and the surface ages beautifully. I think people tend to compare AS guns with cameras and electronics when discussing Q when you should more look towards tools like wrenches and bolts for comparison. Military guns are tools. :)

BTW: the war time RS 1911a1 grips are brown plastic so Ino is correct there, I don´t like plastic so replaced with RS wooden std1911 grips

post-55355-0-26360700-1366801176_thumb.jpg

Edited by Obitwo

My message is that it all depends. I have had and built a couple of upgraded TMs like MEU, M9 etc dressing them up with Alu framed and steel parts but still, the INO wins for me in terms of RS illusion. Even though they are totally "tight" and without play, they still are "Toys" in your hand. The Ino 1911 has passed that border and if one put the same amount of time fiddling with it as you do with a "upgrading kit - project" you can get the ultimate RS 1911 illusion.

Edited by Obitwo

My message is that it all depends. I have had and built a couple of upgraded TMs like MEU, M9 etc dressing them up with Alu framed and steel parts but still, the INO wins for me in terms of RS illusion. Even though they are totally "tight" and without play, they still are "Toys" in your hand. The Ino 1911 has passed that border and if one put the same amount of time fiddling with it as you do with a "upgrading kit - project" you can get the ultimate RS 1911 illusion.

Yes. Ino 1911 provides feeling that handling wrecked real steel 1911.

Haha, good one!

As for obitwos comment. I think much of the point is you shouldn't have to fiddle, customize and work with it to get it to be good right out of the box for a pistol like this.

3+ years in the making, 100th anniversary Colt 1911, full steel, custom, "perfection in a box" almost, and we got this... I guess they just marketed and hyped it up too much for what they could deliver.

Never expect perfection. Ever. You will just wind up hating every purchase.

Instead be aware of what the product is. The Inokatsu 1911 is a full steel airsoft 1911. It is the only full steel 1911. It is not perfect, however it is certainly the most realistic airsoft 1911 on the market.

The tolerances on my own are excellent. Tight slide to frame fit, no rattle. I'm ecstatic with mine, but don't get me wrong...the price is a mouthful no matter what way you look at it. I have built a Nova/TM 1911 and it wound up costing more than the Inokatsu, and there is no comparison - Inokatsu wins hands down.

All depends on what you're looking for...hence why some people are happy, and others are not

I had the "perfection" in quotes so it was just a figure of speech so to speak... But I did have fairly high expectations of it.

Being the only steel airsoft 1911 on the market should not be an exceuse to make a poor one.

But, maybe the QC between units is this great and thus the varying reports of the quality of the pistol, or people just have different expectations and standards.

I'm just trying to spread some info about it so other people can make informed decisions, and also share my opninion of my own.

There are several facts unrelated to the fit and finish that kills it... No fake firing pin, BS. Hammer dropping on safety disengage, da fuq, and KJW bumper CO2 mag to operate, mweh.

And yes, you are right in that no custom built alu pistol can beat a full steel one, unfortunately. But if this is the best steel pistols there are out there, I might just rather have a quality fitted metal kit pistol.

I don't think Inokatsu needs so many people dutifully defending it.

I know I would be extremely off to spend that much and end up with burred steel, poorly milled slide, ill-fitting parts, and poorly functioning controls.

Whether or not you are happy with your purchase is a moot point, if their QC is so bad as to allow such faults through to sale, then that is unacceptable.

There are weapons that you purchase in the knowledge that they will break after X amount of rounds, and we accept this as part of the hobby we love, but this product was not marketed as anything less than 'perfection'. Even if it were only meant as a collectors piece, I would be extremely disappointed by Ino's failure to even get the aesthetics up to snuff, let alone screwing up the safety functions and fittings.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Fixed what ?

The wobble ?

Suposedly it's accurate as per the RS old-school-assembled-in-a-hurry 1911's... :|

I'm sure the GI's loved it when their MSH pin came halfway out in the middle of battle. That's how mine was out of the box :P

Edited by NonEx