• 4 weeks later...

I would like to put here my comments (half a year later that in USA).

I am a modeller of various handguns and i know all technic and history of them including TT-33.

My comments on this pistols I have already published here

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?p=1690830#post1690830

Beside the weight (aluminum maybe is more precise but to light) and some minor drawbacks, including strange and in fact not functioning safety (it would be better to apply conventional to Browning "half cocking" safety like in M1911). The key point for me its the compatibility of the externally seen parts with those from original pistols. It can be weathered easy and "converted" to any pistol release period.

Just an example - a Polish made 1947-50 pw wz. 1933 (military pistol model 1933) together with Russian version with replaced trigger, magazine catch, and grips from originals of 1943.

It is looking great

post-82459-0-23666000-1345115895_thumb.jpgpost-82459-0-08286200-1345116155_thumb.jpgpost-82459-0-40251800-1345116185_thumb.jpg

Bay the way, what do you know about the availability of the second TT - SRC SR-33? When and where?

Edited by walther38

I think the trigger safety could be relatively easily disabled, judging from the exploded diagram. It looks like a matter of disabling the pivot movement between trigger and trigger bow?

But you should care about the proper angle of the trigger itself. It should be straight. I did it with a drop od SuperGlue. It is working as it should. Now I can remove the pin and mask the hole with JB Weld or replace whole trigger and trigger bar for one original. The only thing is to modify the bottom of trigger by cutting a slot (Dremel is OK) that is blocking the movement of native original trigger in the frame.

But first of all the colour of the outher barrel has to be changed for pure metal. No TT barrels were blued/blackened from the beginning of their production by to at least 1953 (1930-1953). The replica resembles the period of 1941, that is stated by the top slide markings so the barrel should be in original metal colour.

It is a pitty that this part is plastic. They could it made from metal.

Edited by walther38
  • 7 months later...

KWA did a really stupid thing with that safety on the Trigger. But, it's possible to fix it! Probably danger, but who don't like danger? =)

img0738wx.jpg

1. Your need to get Real Steel Trigger for TT-33 (most danger part for some country!);

2. Need to modify it (maybe your need several Triggers...);

3. Need to modify KWA frame (also danger, even irreversibe if your screw up);

Small video about it: 

Edited by rusTORK

@rusTORK

According to the point 3 (on youl list) you have filled out this strange protrusion, isnt it?

Regarding point 2 - it isn't so bad - one is just enough

My approach was simpler (presenting elsewhere) - intact frame was left but grove made with Dremel was made on the bottom of trigger (original one from TT33).

The magazine catch is also look a bit different (on above picture). Is it also one from the real pistol?

What about grips and front barrel bearing?. In mine they were interchangeable in 100%.

According to the point 3 (on youl list) you have filled out this strange protrusion, isnt it?

Yes. it's not exist in real firearm. But i am not filled it out completely. Don't know what will happen if do so. I figured it out after i am used nice programm from Noble Empire. There is a free TT-33 3D model which is possible to disassemble and look around parts.

79100532.jpg

My approach was simpler (presenting elsewhere) - intact frame was left but grove made with Dremel was made on the bottom of trigger (original one from TT33).

Yeah, i saw your post on KWAUSA forum. ;)

The magazine catch is also look a bit different (on above picture). Is it also one from the real pistol?

No, magazine catch is original. Real Steel magazine catch a bit longer, then airsoft. Impossible to use, even with modification.

What about grips and front barrel bearing?

I am tryed grips, but fit was very tight. Maybe need small modification or it's just was old grips (wood one).

Barrel Bushing is also requied modification. It's possible to insert it, but not possible to rotate it. Maybe need to file a bit tooth on the Bushing itself. BUT, more important - diameter of hole for barrel is bigger then airsoft one - it will wobble. So, i don't think it's worth it.

Edited by rusTORK
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got mine, right on time for last week's zombie game.

It's a great gun, quite accurate, and the wobbly trigger "safety" just takes a little to get used to it.

If anyone is interested in a skirmishable sidearm that isn't "mainstream" (not a glock, 1911, M9, whatever...) this one is it.

Need to get some more mags, though...

:)

• 7 months later...

I couldn't seem to find a Tokarev photo thread, I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but are they really that unpopular ???

I was nearly tempted to put it in the FN thread as its basically a John Browning FN 1903 with some internal mods ;)

But anyhow KWA it is, so here it goes :)

KWA Tokarev TT33 w. RA Tech Steel Slide and Barrel - 945g.

IMG_3661_zps8b51ebee.jpg

IMG_3654a_zpsffce591e.jpg

IMG_3652_zps908d402b.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...