Ground Zero Weekender 2012

Kenworth W900

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well either way you know you will get a guy there with his justbbguns bright orange M63A-blah-blah-blah trying to get about £20 more than it is worth for it :P

But even in the Zero In classifieds you get some good bargains, so might have to get the bargain hunter out in you ;)

'FireKnife'

That, and I don't have a valid defence either.

You would think actually attending the event would clas as one eh? :P

Though if under 18s can be 'gifted' RIFs by the other registered players (apparently) then the whole system doesn't make sense ;)

Still, after the money i spent on my Paris trip with the missus (she gets to go to Paris, i get to do things to her in Paris, still better than GZ) if i did go i would be buying nothing, just gas and ammo.

'FireKnife'

So long as they have all been at the same site DAT. Most people forget this one but often for a site to grant you UKARA unless you have a stamped and signed form for each day at another site you have been then they wont accept it. Which makes sense to me as if you don't have written proof how do they know it is you (though you could copy a UKARA form, but lets not go into that on here, or any forum ;))

Though what makes me laugh is people that use UKARA as the be all and end all of skirmish defences, though using UKARA Q&A is like backing up a fact with an entry on someone's Wiki page :P

'FireKnife'

One of the mods on ZeroIn said this about GZ and UKARA:

If I recall correctly the Home Office has said that an event such as The National Airsoft Event is valid as proof of Defence against the VCRA. The way they must see it is no one is going to pay £85 for a 3 day airsoft event and not be an airsofter.

The only thing you should need to check is age.

Again, that only covers those selling on site for the weekender, if that is even true as from what I recall whether the sale is face to face or from one side of the world to the other anything in the UK requires a defence, even if you are at a game.

I wouldn't be suprised if some of the more clued up players ask people for proof of ID, i know i would take a photocopy of my UKARA form just in case.

'FireKnife'

Like i say watch out for the one or two that will ask, though it is GZ, a place populated by many of the forum members, a forum that is gradually making airsoft worse and worse. They won't ask, probably some you know wont even care about age, hope GZ does crack down on that though, don't think much faith will go there way if they let an under 18 buy a RIF. <_<

'FireKnife'

I should hope I won't be asked for ID..

One thing i learned, if you have the slightest, tiniest bit of doubt then do so. If the person gets into a rage about it then should you be selling said item to them in the first place ;)

But still, unlike some i can tell the difference between an 18 and 30 year old :P

'FireKnife'

Im nearly 30 and I dont mind at all being asked for ID (I know some people who get really funny about it, and its not like they dont carry their drivers license)...it wasnt good for the better half on her 21st though, I'm 5 years older than her I got ID'd along with her friends and she didnt (wasnt wearing any badges either....awkward moment).

Makes sense, but isn't that just shoving in another excuse for a defence? What about someone attending said three day even for the first time, knowing that at the end of it they can walk away with a bice, correctly coloured rifle? Could lead to idiots using it as a chance to get there hands on RIFs without all the two month wait.

Many never worry about it until it happens. But then UKARA is so broken we really need a better defence and one that we don't let sites abuse. This is why i prefer actual site membership systems.

'FireKnife'

I shall be attending this year, along with my girlfriend, no other team members unfortunately. We'll be with the Others. She'll be toting a G&G Pink M4 and I'll probably be wearing a '300' style Persian mask, so if you spot us, feel free to say hello.

I'm not expecting too much from the gaming this year given reports from you guys about the past few years, but the way I see it is, instead of us not attending due to possible cheating, it's better that we do as that makes two more people who won't cheat :)

Complaining won't bring good sportsmanship back to an event, only good sportsmen will.

With that said, I'm not just going for the games anyway, very much looking forward to the emphasised social aspect and the cool things like the car boot etc. Was kinda looking forward to taking a few rarer guns to use, but the mention of theft on this thread has decided otherwise for me.

Hope to see some of you there, hope you all have a great time and hope that we, the Others spank the other teams.

Decimus.

Archived