Forum slow and laggy, unresposive when posting etc?

I pretty much constantly have to re-post my stuff because it won't stick the first time, sometimes it takes 30sec to a minute or so to load the forum or subsections/threads. PMs and stauts updates are the same.

Am i doing something wrong or does this happen to more people than me ?

It's not you, we are runnng slower than we should be. We have instigated a new server move but that's going to take a few days.

I'm going to restart the mysql server to free up some memory now. Effectively we're outstripping what we run on at the moment and need to tweak things to speed things up until we move boxes.

Hi Arnie,

Just to echo NonEx's problems I'm having trouble accessing the forums at certain times of day in Hong Kong. Huge lag issues along with the posts having to wait 30 secs - 1 min before it shows up as posted.

Actually I was just trying to access the forums around 1/2 and hour ago (2:30pm, HKT) and none of the sub-forums and thread I tried to open was working. Just thought I'll let you know that it's still an issue :P

Thanks for letting me know. I log in and keep an eye on it manually at the moment. Occasional mysql restarts seem to speed things up. I may tweak it a bit more to reduce the backup loading.

We have an order in for an upgrade like I mentioned. I'll see if there's an ETA yet.

Yeah it's weird as right now (5pm HKT) it's...well, not really fast, but miles above the performance that I was getting today at 2:30pm HKT. I couldn't even load pages back then but now I can open around 10 forum pages simultaneously and get them all to fully load within 5 seconds.

Anyway thanks for following up on the issues! :D

Hi Arnie,

I might as well try to get this post sent right now. It's 2:32pm HKT and the forums started to lag a lot again. Any idea why it seems like it's around this time that the forums start to lag really bad? Given my report yesterday I'll expect the lag to clear up within 30 minutes (so around 3:00 pm HKT).

Edited by intinerious

At 7 pm last night (11 pm GMT), wasn't even able to get on forum--just got unable to display webpage message. This happened to me also twice on Friday. I thought the website was down. At 11 pm last night (3 am GMT) just sat there on news page and totally unresponsive.

• 3 weeks later...

We have an upgrade request in for a new box running the latest software and hardware but I am still waiting for a date for it to happen. There's simply a limit on how much one box can do of this generation and a have reached it.when the backup routine runs we simply run out of steam.