Redwolf UK

Arclight_RWUK

Alright, Redwolf UK getting it's ducks in a row now.

For the time being we'll just talk through the same section as Redwolf Airsoft Hong Kong.

Strictly speaking, we're an entirely different department to RWHK; until we get out technicalities sorted though, we think it best just to roll up in here for now.

Shooting rowed ducks is not a problem for those of us who sell you the guns and ammo in the first place. :D

And yes, Redwolf is opening up retail here in the UK.

The shop is beside our warehouse in Tewkesbury and I moved here to run the shop.

We don't have a website or a catalog yet, we're starting things up slowly.

We can obviously directly sell stuff we have in stock but for the most part we imagine we will be handling ship-in orders for stuff in the Hong Kong warehouse.

People have been asking what difference that makes and simply put it means the tricky part of HK -> UK through customs is now our responsibility and not yours. Because we ship it in from RW to RW, your purchase is taking place entirely within the country. Our prices have VAT, duties and what not already calculated in so the retail price is what you pay plus whatever is costs to mail it from Tewkesbury to you (unless you pick up of course).

We can only sell guns to UKARA members, we will not be providing two-tone services yet.

When the engineer eventually turns up will be offering repair, modification and custom services (eventually).

Yep, thats the idea.

Placing an order with RWUK for something thats in stock in RWHK means we can get it here inside two weeks.

Otherwise we can order direct from manufacturers (or have RWHK do that) which gets things to us *maybe* in a month (ish).

Our shipping timetable and procedures are still being worked out so bare with us if things are a bit out of whack to begin with.

Also, our current UK stock is basically just the stuff we already sell wholesale (which is still a decent spread) but over time we will flesh out the line up specifically for retail. We just want to see what is popular/garnering interest and what is not before we go and spend a small fortune on building up stock levels.

You know how it is.

Get a proper decent range of WA system GBBR guns and parts (Vipertech, G&P WOC's, steel internals, Prowin mags, etc), and you'll be the only people in the UK to do so.

There's loads of us in the UK with a love for the WA system, but not one single retail outlet in the UK offers any meaningful stock of parts or any kind of support for the system.

Yep.

The first thing on my to-do list to develop is magazines; rounding out stocks for all the major mags (TM pistols, WE pistols, etc)

Following that, parts will be developed.

In any case, it will go slow. As you said, we have access to many things that other shops do not but we still have to go slow as we have a finite budget and warehouse space to toy with so we have to be safe with our development. We don't want to end up with a warehouse stuffed up with dead stock.

But by all means post your thoughts on products here; the more noise made about certain things the easier it will be to convince the boss that its worth stocking. :rolleyes:

@Deadmeat: Yes, mags are on my proposed list. My list is not quite so specific, atm I have Marui and WA but I will add some Maruzen and a few other brands as well. we ask you to please be patient; it will take a while but eventually I like to think we will end up with one of the best mag collections in the country.

@Panoptes & T3CH: As I mentioned earlier, our situation with prices is complicated. In any case, we at RW see the UK Airsoft as a community and not just wallets and bank accounts. Cut throat prices may serve your budget well but it undermines the situation between the retailers; the UK needs more shops, not less. I hope you can understand that we have business relationships to maintain and so we cannot afford to undercut the prices of shops that we sell too. We will strive to make prices as fair as we can manage; to begin with, some of our prices may be a little off, over time we will tweak and nudge things and eventually things should settle down into the best compromise we can manage.

Besides, an Airsoft business is more then just prices of products. Customer service, repair and modification services, custom guns, special orders; we might not offer the lowest prices but we hope to offer the some of the best services around.

@Isamu: Right now, our retail is only open to the UK. We certainly do have plans to open up to EU countries and then eventually elsewhere as well but setting up the technical side of a retail business is tricky. In time we will expand our options but for this early period we're still just taking RWUK Retail on its shakedown cruise; we hope you can understand.

Why facepalm? Isamu is located in an EU country, shipping rates within EU countries are lower than normal, delivery times are faster and parcels sent from an EU country to another are not subject to the normal customs proceedures or any import charges, it's perfectly sensible for him to want to buy from a UK retailer if he feels the prices are right.

Good luck in your new endeavour

Here here!

Will you be stocking the GHK conversion kit mags? Or even putting up the second video about the kit on youtube sometime soon? :P

A new player in the market place is good for everyone it will give certain retailers a kick up the rear end they sorely need, and encourage competative pricing.

A new player in the market place is good for everyone it will give certain retailers a kick up the rear end they sorely need, and encourage competative pricing.

The reason RedWolf is opening up in the UK is because we're a major target market (which means they're currently sending a lot of guns to the UK from their HK site). When we order from their HK site, it's cheaper than UK shops for a number of reasons, one of which is that we are expecting to pay import taxes when the guns arrive. This means that of the money that we send to RedWolf HK;

• The gun is expected to be cheap, because we're probably going to pay import taxes on it.
  • The shipping is relatively very expensive because of the large distance.

This means that of the sum that we pay to RedWolf, a significant proportion goes straight back out in the form of shipping, and a further significant proportion never reaches them at all (as we pay it in tax). By opening a UK branch;

• RedWolf can import all its guns in bulk and pay tax on them like that, which means we don't have any right to expect them to be cheaper.
  • The shipping is relatively cheap because of the short distance.

This means, functionally, that our guns are going to get more expensive and RedWolf is going to keep more of that money. Or maybe I'm being cynical - there's one quick way to find out.

Arclight, when RedWolf UK is up and running, will we still be able to order to the UK from RedWolf HK?

@T3CH: Like I said, I've got no specifics yet; we're still just getting the basics together like switching on the lights and putting money in the till.

@PureSilver: Soon, I'll let you know when things are ready.

When RWUK retail is up and running it has no effect on your ability to buy from RWHK as per usual. The prices here literally reflect the increased cost of bringing them here and VAT is built in.

Like I said, we also have to avoid undercutting other shops because we already sell wholesale to several shops already and so we cannot undercut out own customers.

Ha, well, yeah.

I do not have (and cannot afford, yet) my own vehicle and my personal funds are tight (moving across the world isn't cheap) and the new shop keeps me busy.

I will endeavor to start gaming again as soon as I have the time and money (and get my guns fixed, you know how that is).

Archived