WE P228 and G19 prototypes

kenxin

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE using the KSC hop? I am sorry but with the TM hop why would you choose the inferior KSC system?

As starburst pointed out, why not combine the good bits that work, like the uprated catches of the KSC but the metal guide rod and hop of the the TM. Hopefully just a misprint, in fact as WE R&D is basically copy everyone else and change one or two bits it is very likely to be a TM clone with a selector switch slappd on. Can't see WE bothering much with KSC / KWA parts.

Still, have yet to see much in the way of info surface for these yet? May it be that people are scared to buy a WE from abroad and possibly lose out on the cash if it breaks, or are they even out yet?

'FireKnife'

Has anyone picked up one of these yet? Interested in the P228 (even if its an F228) but want to know if its good WE or bad WE haha!

I was planning on picking up an F228 the other day, but would really like to see if there are any planned releases of a licenced one before I jump the gun

WE using the KSC hop? I am sorry but with the TM hop why would you choose the inferior KSC system?

As starburst pointed out, why not combine the good bits that work, like the uprated catches of the KSC but the metal guide rod and hop of the the TM. Hopefully just a misprint, in fact as WE R&D is basically copy everyone else and change one or two bits it is very likely to be a TM clone with a selector switch slappd on. Can't see WE bothering much with KSC / KWA parts.

Still, have yet to see much in the way of info surface for these yet? May it be that people are scared to buy a WE from abroad and possibly lose out on the cash if it breaks, or are they even out yet?

'FireKnife'

Think it's a misprint. Just came out on Redwolf last night, says it's Marui compatible. No mention of KSC.

Just picked up the new WE P228 at the Ground Zero weekender and it looks like quite a well put together gun the slide is all metal and it has no trades on it, i have not yet had a chance to skirmish it but initial impressions are it is fairly accurate and copies the TM style hop so it holds the accuracy quite well, The gun has one small annoyance in the the grip for some reason has F228 on one side and SEALTEAMSIX squashed onto the other??

The gun also does take TM P226 mags but they does hang below the level of the grip (see below pics) so if it is asthetics you want you will have to use F228 mags, I will report back once i have had a chance to skirmish with it and see what it is like.

The new packaging

img0535x.th.jpg

whats in the box

img0536fo.jpg

The TM mag in the gun

img0539rg.jpg

With the stock mag

img0537zy.jpg

curlyboy

yes the frame is plastic but it is not easy to tell.

I gave the gun a better run through tonight and i must say it is very accurate, i was hitting a tree at about 70ft with it using 0.3g and there was very little deviation meaning the hop is up to the job and the gas efficency was good also as i emptied the mag of round long before the gas ran out.

curlyboy

I just received my P228 and 3HK P226 Navy from UNcompany. I like the P228, don't get me wrong but it just seems off. It's got a nice snap and decent kick and very accurate. It needs trademarks instead of the "sealteamsix" grip ones. My frame seems to be metal as I've already scratched it and had silver show through. As for the 3HK P226 navy I'm EXTREMELY dissapointed in it. The gun looks great! Very detailed. I put it in my Gould and Goodrich P226 paddle holster I use to carry my real one and I snapped the thumb break and BAMM! The gun goes off. Come to find out if you breath on the hammer the gun goes off. Be weary of that gun!

Other than that the P228 is quite nice

• 1 month later...

I think the WE G19 was built off a G17 base which I think means there are some dimension issues. The slide release is too far forward as it shares the same dimensions and hop up unit as a G17.

RS compacts (g26/g19) outer barrels do not work with full sized glocks because of this dimension change. TM (when comparing the 26 to the 17) and I think KWA/KSC too (when comparing their compact models to their full size) also are not cross compatibel with outer barrels.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but since there was no other one to post in!

Just got my WE F228 in and I have to say I really like it out of the box. Feels solid, nice fit, finish and feel. Snappy, crackling response from all controls and slide racking etc. Most likely my favorite WE/HK pistol out of the box so far, as far as initial impressions go! :)

Here is a quick unboxing video;

Dry fired the WE F228 tonight, around 100 rounds.

Awesome to shoot, nice report, good blowback, solid feel. Like it.

Slight leakage from magazine fill valve, standard out of the box dry o-ring syndrome. Strip and lube should take care of it, if not new o-ring of valve.

A warning though regarding the pistol. After my 100 rounds of firing, I felt something grace my hand as I shot it. Definatly felt like something came off, thought it was the firing pin at first, but nope. Checked the pistol and one of the screws for the rear sight had worked its way loose and falled out. Thankfully I felt it come out and found it! The other screw was also very loose!

So definatly check your guns over, and use threadlock / locktite where necessary. I am going to go get some tomorrow and secure all my screws ! :)

Video;

And if you are interested, update on my "Project RS Case" for the Sig Sauer P228 box;

Archived