WE P228 and G19 prototypes

kenxin

Nope, WE are still to prove themselves, but even good things come from good places / companies. :P

Plus even with a shorter gun it still needs to be tested that it works, granted they have gone for models that in the real world were simply cut down to compact size but retain the same features. This is true for anyone though, not just WE, same with TM and KSC when they made shorter models. ;)

Now if only it didn't take an age to get things from HK to where i live and i trusted RSOV.com after my last delivery i would buy one of these, might wait til they are UK side (which will mean nearly double the price tag). However if my only option for a XDM 3.8 is a WE i will try and see if they have improved, but i am still not convinced, especially as we don't really know if we are dealing with HK rebranded WE or actual old WE that we all know and hate.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit late to the party eh? :P

But still seems to be the only place with them from what i have seen. Would have thought other shops stock WE stuff?

'FireKnife'

I'd probably bet RSOV just didn't bother to say that those are on pre-order. Like I said, the day that it came out on RSOV and everywhere else on the internet, the HK distributor for the WE and HK3P stuff (Armed Forces Company) didn't have them in the retail store. That, and the fact that AG and WGC have them on pre-order only would mean that RSOV seem to be trying to get some cash before they actually get the guns.

As I said the release of these compacts are similar to when they released the Gen4 and Gen3 HK3P/WE Glocks; it's probably out by the end of this week or next week. :)

True, but i have never been keen on RSOV.com myself, however maybe when these come out at say WGC i will look into it.

But as these can't be far away i don't see much of a wait, i just bet when they get to UK stores they will be £90 each minimum when RSOV and WGC have that at (exchange rates permitting) £55-60.

'FireKnife'

I was VERY tempted to get the XDM compact. Only thing holding me back was the fact that I'm poor.

Oh c'mon, be a man and starve for a week so you can review it for the benefit for the community!

On all seriousness, I'm damn anxious for a review on the XDM compact...

Perhaps there should be an Arnies HK Review fund project started where Arnies users donate a smalla mount of USD every month to a handful of HK locals which then purchase, disect and review new airsoft guns for the gain of the community, both text and video (come on, you won't get guns for free!) and then they can keep the gun and the rest of us get good information? I mean, with these, in relative terms, cheap GBBs it wouldn't take much. I would participate for sure, if the output review was of good quality (sample reviews would have to be submitted before joining the group of course).

Am I smart, yes.

Will it happen, doubt it.

Scratch that guys... turns out the model was NOT for sale yet, just a pre-order, but you can fondle it.

Guess I was right about the stuff being for pre-order only after all :P There's better things to fondle down in MongKok than guns dude, I thought you'd know by now.... LOL XD

Regarding the fondling experience:

They were production prototypes sent by WE to Armed Forces. Really I could not see any qualitative distinction between the full sized version and the compact ones.

SIG P228 has no trades.

intinerious, I know what you're thinking. And no, guns are still the best things in MK to fondle ;)

Regarding the fondling experience:

They were production prototypes sent by WE to Armed Forces. Really I could not see any qualitative distinction between the full sized version and the compact ones.

SIG P228 has no trades.

intinerious, I know what you're thinking. And no, guns are still the best things in MK to fondle ;)

Huh, well honestly other than the sizes I doubt there's any change in the way the mechanism functions :P I suspect any parts that work in the full and compact sizes would be the same piece that came off the same mold for both guns, that way they can save on making more molds for the gun. In regards to the sig, the ones on display at AFC don't have trades too and the grips say F226. I didn't see the HK3P version of the P226 on sale at AFC, or anywhere else in the retail stores now that I think of it....

Anyway IBMedic, I might know things, but I don't KNOW things :P I wouldn't KNOW as much about the other stuff MK is famous for compared to you, heh XD

I want that compact .. I want it like I want ... cake ...

AH

Damn you WE why must you tempt me with something that I know will be at best half ok ... but will be super shiny at least xD

Anyone know if the compact will take the Marui full size mags ... like is the grip smaller as well or same as a full sized with just a cut down front?

Anyone know if the compact will take the Marui full size mags ... like is the grip smaller as well or same as a full sized with just a cut down front?

Grip should be the same size as changing the width would mean changing out cross-compatible internal mechanism parts between the G17 and G19 :P So I think it would be safe to say long mags will work on the compacts :P

I saw the Samurai Edges in UNCompany today, HKD 870 for the semi-auto version and HKD 970 for the full-auto one. I also saw WE/HK3P P226s with trademarks too, if anyone's interested in getting those :)

Archived