How long ago did you buy that USP? If it was a pre System 7/NS2 USP, then they are nowhere near as good, as leakages are common and difficult to fix on these magazines.

This USP is NS2, and it works with both KWA and KSC System 7 magazines, tested both in the gu with no problems, and will also fit standard non-tactical USP mags.

Since using it in every skirmish since buying it, I have not had a single leak, so make of that what you will.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there is that possibility. The mags and blowback unit have a different design, so check for differences between the pictures of mine and your own.

If you are unsure, just take a few pics of the internals of your USP and we will be able to tell you. Barring that, there are plenty of comparison guides on the web that explain the differences in detail.

Edited by bobtuskins

I'm thinking about getting myself a full sized USP but I find the grip a bit to big (I've only got small hands) Is the Tactical grip smaller.? and can the threaded part at the end of the outer barrel be removed.?

I prefer the look of the tactical over the compact but don't like the threaded bit sticking out of the end.

Tony

I'm afraid the frame of both the tactical and standard .45 USP are completely identical.

The barrel is also a single unit and the thread is not detachable in any way. You could always replace it with the standard barrel, but, barring the sights, that is the main element that makes the USP Tactical, err... Tactical. Best bet is to have a look at the full size .45, if you like it that way.

• 3 weeks later...

VFC also makes suppressors with 16 mm threading.

http://www.kic.com.tw/shop/advanced_search_result.php?XTCsid=1d6dd781c29e04f941eb93a8bbba0f85&keywords=16mm&x=0&y=0

Shoot these guys an email (they understand and speak english fine), I've purchased a few things from them over the years, they are good to go.

Prices are in New Taiwan dollars, you can google the conversion rate with your currency of choice to get a rough estimate of how much it will cost.

-Vu

How consistent does this gun shoot, im thinking about getting another pistol soon. Do you see anything considerably wrong with it?

The only things I would improve on it are the default hop unit (which can be upgraded for the HK45 style unit) which is very sensitive and difficult to adjust to the right level of hop. This can impair the accuracy, but again, hop adjustment is key here.

Other things I would like is a bit more winter efficiency, but I suspect it may be due to the Coleman's propane I'm using, which is either full of contaminants that lower efficiency or a mix of different gases. I had better experiences using actual honest-to-goodness Green Gas and plumbing-grade propane from B&Q, so I will try those routes once I've emptied this can.

More aftermarket internal parts would be nice too. If they had even half the upgrade parts that TM pistols have, it would make it easier to source spares or upgrades if something goes horrifically wrong.

Otherwise, there's nothing inherently bad about this pistol in terms of raw operational capability.

But it does not really needs any upgrade or spare parts.

Out of the box the System7 does not really need any upgrades.

Off course you can get the precisionbarrel and stuff but even without you have plenty of bang for the buck!

Edited by Beeingmyself

But it does not really needs any upgrade or spare parts.

Out of the box the System7 does not really need any upgrades.

Off course you can get the precisionbarrel and stuff but even without you have plenty of bang for the buck!

I would disagree about spares; things can and will break due to negligence or general wear and tear. It's just something that happens. I don't think anything's going to break anytime soon, but I'd like to have parts for it on the off chance it does. With TM guns, if something breaks, you simply buy the equivalent upgrade part. Given the limited selection of KWA USP upgrades this may be difficult short of ordering stock parts from KWA USA, assuming they will still do those parts even after the Umarex deal is over.

And while it's true the gun performs admirably out the box, I'd like to see just what it could do if pushed to its limits.

@bobtuskins

True stock parts are not that easy to come by and yes it is not a matter if something will break

but when it will break so off course on that matter the TMs are way ahead if KSC/KWA.

With butterfly valve in the gun itself, KSC powervalve on the magazine, p-barrel and airthighten

it does about 114ms on regular greengas and probably a bit higher on redgas

And than there is still if some would make an upgraded nozzle and so on and so on

could in fact be funny to see how high performances could be achieved.

• 2 weeks later...

So, bit of an update: my USP seems to intently dislike winter.

Now this may be entirely due to my fault alone based on how I run my setup, but it seems to be a bit hesitant to put more than 2-3 consecutive shots out before I have to rack the slide for each round, as if it were an MGS style tranquilliser gun.

As it stands, I run the gun on Coleman's Propane, and use Abbey LT2 Molybdenum based gun grease. I can't imagine that Norfolk's harsh (?), humid (very) winters could impact performance so much, and yet...

Any recommendations? My theory is that the Colemans stuff is a poor blend of propane and other gases, and that I would have better luck with either purer plumbing propane secured from the local B&Q, or perhaps dedicated green gas.

Is the lubricant going to be an issue as well? The slide moves smoothly and all the actions are fine, so I'm not sure what's causing these problems, barring the damn winter. 

So, bit of an update: my USP seems to intently dislike winter.

As it stands, I run the gun on Coleman's Propane, and use Abbey LT2 Molybdenum based gun grease. I can't imagine that Norfolk's harsh (?), humid (very) winters could impact performance so much, and yet...

Any recommendations? My theory is that the Colemans stuff is a poor blend of propane and other gases, and that I would have better luck with either purer plumbing propane secured from the local B&Q, or perhaps dedicated green gas.

Is the lubricant going to be an issue as well? The slide moves smoothly and all the actions are fine, so I'm not sure what's causing these problems, barring the damn winter. 

I'd doubt that it's the gas, as my USP's cycle fine using Coleman propane in these temps (I'm in NC btw). I'd probably guess the grease might have something to do with it. Between the decreased volume of gas at lower temperatures, and the lower viscosity of grease vs. oil at lower temps, there may not be enough oomph to overcome the lower viscosity... But that's purely hypothetical...

Meh you could do. I use Finish Line and never have problems. Id say if you use silicone oil it may need more maintenance as its more likely to grab onto any dust/dirt floating about, but if you strip and clean your guns after every skirmish anyway, just use some silicone oil, nothing too light though