• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just fitted a Nova slide to a team mates marui xdm this weekend and It fitted really nicely no mods needed, quality seem very simular to the SD slide I installed on my own XDM, If I had to choose I wo

Haha. I sense some contradicting opinions here   I am not sure myself, I will have to leave it be and see how it feels. Anyways, the silencer was just for show/fun, doubt I will use it like that an

I still swear by the Wii-tech XDM metal nozzle which I've installed for my RA-Tech v TM steel slide pistol, I've tried every other nozzle on the market and none of them was able to produce the recoil

Posted Images

http://youtu.be/lkhva-lUC3U

Video online.

The only slides I have seen that are confirmed to function for WE and TM are the ICARUS slides. All TM based XDM slides will most likely require this same fitting. And to be honest, I think it isn't that hard, it's just that I suck at this stuff. Overall the slide, barrel and sights look and fit fantastic once in place.

It looks even better IRL... :0 SO SEXY!

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

I've a Detonator XDM 3.8 slide & barrel in Silver, sitting in the waiting for the last couple of months,

but upon the arrival of the WE XDM 3.8 compact, I decided the tolerances and sights etc. might be a bit off,

so I've decided to put it on a TM XDM to make an XDM 3.8 as opposed to XDM 3.8 compact.

I actually prefer the 3.8 with the larger (full-size) grip.

I'm not willing to take any chances with the Detonator kit with the WE knowing it's drop-in on the TM.

• Like 1

I personally think the SA stuff is ugly, but each to their own.

I think there is a potential dealbreaker and functions buster of the NOVA slide. Will have to look closer when I get home. The sticky slide. For some reason in the frame where the front screw that hold the internals in is seated, is a perfect little ramp for the slide to go back on and wedge itself on. Besides the material differense of about 2mm both the stock WE slide and the NOVA appear to hit the exact same spot. However the WE doesn't stick, but the NOVA deforms and gets stuck with very little amount of rearwards force, ie. cocking it by hand. The WE slide seems more solid than the NOVA, the NOVA seems and feels very soft unfortunatly... :|

This has me worried... I will start a seperate thread in the Accessories section when I get home so we don't clutter this thread further about the NOVA slide.

At this point, if I had known how much I would like this pistol and the slide etc. I might just have gone for a TM XDM. Still might depending on how things turn out... :0

As for the WE pistol itself, starting to see wear on the controls now, disassembly lever, slide catch and grip safety. Damn shame, I have that. Guess I will have to re-finish them when it gets too bad.

Quick update. I am going to get a TM XDM instead, to be able to keep the slide and have it fit and function without problems. There are a number of subtle design and material differenses between the WE and TM which means TM XDM slides won't work with the WE. The stock WE is fine, but if you want an aftermarket slide, make sure it's for WE, or just keep it stock. Then I am sure it's a great pistol. But for me the NOVA slide is more important right now, it is just _that_ nice.

Will see if I sell off the WE XDM as is, or keep some for parts and sell the rest or whatever.

So, don't get TM XDM slides for WE pistols :|

• Like 1

Why would the SD be "playing it safe" ? Check my reply in the RA WE XDM slide thread. I think the NOVA is fantastic. I have owned, I think, 2 SD slides in the past and the NOVA is on par. Perhaps a little softer aluminum but. Just the fact that the slide and barrel don't rub against eachother is a big win in my book. And it comes with the fibre optic sights which I really like. Those can be had seperatly though of course. Judging from pictures the NOVA slide finish is a little more shiny and lustre like compared to the dulled SD, but that's just from photos so who knows.

SD Titanium

GSMS483TI-1L.jpg

SD Silver

GSMS483S-1L.jpg

NOVA Titanium

TM-XDM-01-SV-1L.jpg

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Wow NonEx, ok I can see the difference too between the silvers... Nova is much more 'bling' which looks great in your videos! I just presumed that the SD would be a better fit with a more solid feel...??

In any case, I was asking around because I noticed that Redwolf have their 15% promo this weekend but the Boomarms including postage is cheaper anyway...

Yah RW was at 150 WGC and Boomarms have it for 115 so. I can't be certain of the fit since I have it on a WE right now but it certainly looks promising. The SD is most likely more solid feeling, this NOVA is very light and feels soft and "airy" in the aluminum, but overall, very very satisfied so far.

The SD slides almost look ceracoated or something, very ceramic like. I prefer the NOVA shiny finish in this instance.

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 1

Just fitted a Nova slide to a team mates marui xdm this weekend and It fitted really nicely no mods needed, quality seem very simular to the SD slide I installed on my own XDM, If I had to choose I would pick the SD version it has a better inner barrel design and really holds the inner barrel in place giving it a rock solid feel with no wobble at all, also the SD seems to have a slightly better tolerance between the slide and frame, but the paint job on the Nova is amazingly beautifull and the black outer barrell is the correct colour via real steal. So its slightly better looks versus slightly better fit (and because of that better accuracy). But I have heard the SD xdm slide and barrel are a *badgeress* to fit on the WE xdm so beware. So buy a Marui XDM if you want one of the formentioned slide to work without promlems.

• Like 2

Got some goodies today. Had to try out the silencer...

Too much?

we_xdm_nova_preview_03.jpg

we_xdm_nova_preview_04.jpg

I'm not sure if that suppresor is for rifles only or what, it felt a little too bug TBH. But the color scheme surely matches :)

The WE silencer adapter needs teflor tape on the threads for sure. slipper sloppery as hell.

Also got the NINE BALL 6.00mm inner barrel, NINE BALL hop up rubber, NINE BALL spring kit and NINE BALL recoil spring guide rod kit. Will fit the recoil guide rod this weekend and then save the rest for when I get my TM XDM.

• Like 1

Wow NonEx, I reckon the Opfor will see your silencer enter the room before you! Colour scheme does match but it is probably a little 'too much'!

So hold on, you managed to have a thread to mount the silencer to? Did you fit a new outer barrel as well? Can you show me what the pistol looks like without the silencer on? (I'm guessing it's a Detonator outer barrel that has the thread sticking out of the slide right?)

Haha. I sense some contradicting opinions here :D

I am not sure myself, I will have to leave it be and see how it feels. Anyways, the silencer was just for show/fun, doubt I will use it like that anwyays. There is a smaller silencer in the same scheme from Action, AirsoftGlobal didn't have that one though, where I ordered from. It's a 35mmx180mm BTW. I'm not even sure I like the XDM with a silencer at all... :o

Oh well, 18 USD, whatchya gonna do!

As for the barrel. I put back the stock WE barrel which has the inner threads in the muzzle, then got a WE silencer adapter and put the silencer on that way. So it is not the NOVA nor Detornator barrel in there.

Holy ###### guys.

I just realized something (how could I forget!). I think I already have the pefect partner to this gun, screw the golden AK;

kjw_1022_120506_010.jpg

My custom KJW KC-02 10/22 GBB rifle. RS Hogue stock, RA Tech outer barrel kit.

Doesn't get much better than that I think!

EDIT: Woah, even I drewl over that pic, damn it's a beauty!

Edited by NonEx
  • Like 2

*fruitcage* this, I want my TM XDM NOW !

Yeah NonEx, knowing you and your taste in nothing but the best, I was confused why you went for the WE XDM, the Marui one is only $70 more, but performs like a dream with better compatibility with Japanese third part upgrade companies' products... and since you're getting a metal slide anyway, the original plastic of the TM wouldn't be an issue at all..... !

• Like 1

Yeah NonEx, knowing you and your taste in nothing but the best, I was confused why you went for the WE XDM, the Marui one is only $70 more, but performs like a dream with better compatibility with Japanese third part upgrade companies' products... and since you're getting a metal slide anyway, the original plastic of the TM wouldn't be an issue at all..... !

I reckon NonEx was always going to get both!! The temptation of the TM XDM is too great!

Well, to be honest I got the WE XDM mainly because that is what was readily avaliable here in Sweden.

That and I foolishly enough thought that TM parts would be a near drop in fit on this. Lesson learned. So yeh, TM on the way and then I will sell the WE XDM. Also the silencer and thread adapter thing is botched, won't be able to get the threads to secure enough to support the huge silencer, so that's going as well.

And, just to add. I don't mind WE guns or rifles actually, for the price, full metal and green gas capable out of the box, I find them alright, to try out new models and just have some fun, at 80-100 USD a piece it's fairly easy (maybe too easy!) to just cycle thru the models and find what fits you best, feel, function and ergonomics wise etc.

At one point I bought onlyTM guns and all the upgrades and accessories avaliable for them. I had the Glock 17, Beretta M9 and Colt 1911, trying to build my own custom TMs, until I realized how much I sucked at it and how much fiddly work was required to get the stuff to work properly, so I switched to full metal CO2 KJWs for a while. I guess since the RA Kimber those don't appeal to me as much any more :D

You are right, I should of gotten the TM from the get go since I also got the NOVA slide. Otherwise the WE XDM would have been fine IMO out of the box. Although my biggest issue overall with the stock WE is how horrible the recoil spring guide rod looks... If you imagine a cast off of a pimply teenagers black-head filled nose, in the shittiest pot metal imaginably, with a coat of rainbow-color-shifting boat engine oil on top, that is kind of the look and texture it has.

Edited by NonEx

Although my biggest issue overall with the stock WE is how horrible the recoil spring guide rod looks... If you imagine a cast off of a pimply teenagers black-head filled nose, in the shittiest pot metal imaginably, with a coat of rainbow-color-shifting boat engine oil on top, that is kind of the look and texture it has.

I'd say it's the worst part of the pistol tbh. I was lucky and managed to get a TM one to replace and it works like a charm. I'm not sure what WE were thinking about when they finished it, but damn does it look terrible!

I'm just happy the rest of the gun (once it's had some thread lock added) is an absolute beast. I may have overdone it on bending the hop adjustment arm though, I now need full hop to get the hop I need for a .28. It still sends it a great distance though!