Although my biggest issue overall with the stock WE is how horrible the recoil spring guide rod looks... If you imagine a cast off of a pimply teenagers black-head filled nose, in the shittiest pot metal imaginably, with a coat of rainbow-color-shifting boat engine oil on top, that is kind of the look and texture it has.

I'd say it's the worst part of the pistol tbh. I was lucky and managed to get a TM one to replace and it works like a charm. I'm not sure what WE were thinking about when they finished it, but damn does it look terrible!

True indeed...you guys are spot on. Not to mention the outer barrels, God Awful and looks like it'll shatter if you drop it on the floor.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just fitted a Nova slide to a team mates marui xdm this weekend and It fitted really nicely no mods needed, quality seem very simular to the SD slide I installed on my own XDM, If I had to choose I wo

Haha. I sense some contradicting opinions here   I am not sure myself, I will have to leave it be and see how it feels. Anyways, the silencer was just for show/fun, doubt I will use it like that an

I still swear by the Wii-tech XDM metal nozzle which I've installed for my RA-Tech v TM steel slide pistol, I've tried every other nozzle on the market and none of them was able to produce the recoil

Posted Images

And, just to add. I don't mind WE guns or rifles actually

Yeah I own WE GBBRs, my RA-Tech upgraded SCAR is one of my favourate, and it's not like there is a better alternative for that gun. They do require a good amount of internal upgrades though parts are readily available, but when it comes to pistol for me, if they are cloning a gun by a Japanese company, I'd usually just go for the original, like the XDM or PX4. Their new M&P looks fairly promising especially after the correct marking version is released, and since M&P is the current Taiwanese police's carry gun, it might mean that they were able to model it off that.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang just came back to see the pics of the silencer on. It does look bad *albatross*.

Problem is the silencer and adapter screws the same way. So if I try to tighten down the adapter, the silencer comes off, if I try to tighten the silencer, the adapter comes off.

What to do ?

if I try to tighten the silencer, the adapter comes off. What to do ?

I got the storm lake barrel as well with the 14mm+ (who the hell still does + threads... it's so annoying), had to get a + silencer for it, it seems to be secure enough if I just hold the adapter while twisting the silencer on, sometimes almost twisting the two in opposite direction... or just use some thread lock to stick the adapter with the silencer, it's not a permanent fix anyway and is strong enough for this purpose for sure.

FYI, just got the TM XDM... WE wins hands down for external look and feel out of the box. Totally unimpressed with the TM one.. See TM thread for some more info. Should state though that I have never seen an XDM IRL but just pictures and videos online.

So be proud of your WE XDMs ! :D

Edited by NonEx
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my WE XDM replacement parts from AFC Hong Kong. Blowback housing and striker pin indicator plate. I messed those up when I tried to install the NOVA XDM ™ slide on the WE.

Took about 4 weeks, cost me 60 USD but I got the parts.

Logic dictates that I should of bought a whole new WE XDM for that price, and yes, I agree. But it was an experiment to see if I could source original WE parts for a GBB pistol, and I could :)

But, after I had ordered from AFC I found out that www.airsoft123.com is WEs official recommendation for getting spare parts, so if I ever need any again that is where I will go.

But still, good to know it can be done.

Installed the parts just now and it works fine. Only thing is, on the original one, I could disassemble the slide without much problem, but the new striker indicator plate sits a little lower and so I have to use a small tool to push down the hammer for the slide to come off, so field stripping is a bit cumbersome but not a big deal IMO.

Edited by NonEx

Installed the parts just now and it works fine. Only thing is, on the original one, I could disassemble the slide without much problem, but the new striker indicator plate sits a little lower and so I have to use a small tool to push down the hammer for the slide to come off, so field stripping is a bit cumbersome but not a big deal IMO.

A common problem with replacements, apparently. The ONLY WE xdm I've ever handled (or seen) had this as well.

Actually I am thinking it is by design. Maybe WE realised this part wore down and slipped on top or over the hammer causing the gun to jam and so they made the part as long as humanly possible and still able to cycle.. Just a thought :o

I also heard reports of at least three others with the same issue. No big deal for me.

Maybe the TM has better material for the plate. I dunno, just a thought.

unfortunatly the whole mechanism is based on the plate being locked behind the hammer and so if it is able to, too easily, slip over or on top of the hammer it would jam the trigger mechanism.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a replica of the railed version of that holster; I'm not a fan of the paddle but it mounted nicely to a Safariland MLS accessory fork: 

12283.JPG12284.JPG

Retention is a little stiffer than I'd prefer with a WE XDM, even with the screw removed completely, but I'm sure a file or Dremel can fix it.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kojak, where can i pick up one of those holsters for a molle rig?

You can't AFAIK, Springfield only offered them in paddle and belt versions.  If you want one off-the-shelf, get a SERPA with the MOLLE platform.  However:   

...it mounted nicely to a Safariland MLS accessory fork...

My fake XDM Gear holster from Ebairsoft mounts to its paddle with a single bolt surrounded by locking teeth.  The MLS accessory fork has similar (but not identical) locking teeth, and when secured with a new bolt of the appropriate length is sturdy enough for airsoft purposes.  It's adjustable to any angle, and works well on a thigh rig, too:  

1144.JPG1145.JPG