So, Im sorta getting itchy to buy a new pistol. How have these WE XDs been holding up?

I havent been able to decide between the XD and the M&P it seems. Im curious though if theyve been performing decently or if they are problematic. (Why wont someone just make a Ruger SR9 and make this choice easy on me)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just fitted a Nova slide to a team mates marui xdm this weekend and It fitted really nicely no mods needed, quality seem very simular to the SD slide I installed on my own XDM, If I had to choose I wo

Haha. I sense some contradicting opinions here   I am not sure myself, I will have to leave it be and see how it feels. Anyways, the silencer was just for show/fun, doubt I will use it like that an

I still swear by the Wii-tech XDM metal nozzle which I've installed for my RA-Tech v TM steel slide pistol, I've tried every other nozzle on the market and none of them was able to produce the recoil

Posted Images

Brought the 3.8 compact to try it out as everyone kept saying how much we pistols have improved over the older models . Was very very sceptical , a genuine we hater..

Have to admit that mine has been good as gold , with no problems apart from the mag having to be located with a solid push or it Dosnt always work . now its bedded in with use it has lost this issue .

This pistol has a realy solid blowback kick to it which brings a smile to my face every time I fire it and it is realy loud compared to my Kwa / tm pistols , the hop is a pain to set up , though once done this pistol has pretty good range in it ( better than my Kwa ones ) fps is 260ish on144a so a bit low compared to my other pistols but its not detrimental to its range or cycling .

Have used it now for 3 solid days skirmishing and a good few hours setting it up . With no problems at all .

Hate to admit it and eat my words but this pistol is not half bad at all , especialy as the compact comes with two mags included for under a hundred quid .

Also this pistol is very accurate up to 20 Mtrs and can easily hit a man size target at 30mtrs

. It does also take tm xdm mags , but haven't brought any yet as the supplied ones seem up to the job , with no leaks etc as of yet .

The only downside is trying to source a holster for it in the uk , as no retailers seem to stock xdm holsters be it full size or compact

An at the moment genuinely impressed with this pistol , time will tell how it holds up ...

• Like 1

So with the hop unit breaking, my disassembly level also broke. The front of it snapped off so now to disassemble my pistol I have to use a pair of pliers to rotate the lever.

I think it's time to weather it, cover the grip in tape similar to this...

HK45_Eli.jpg

Might as well make it look like it's meant to be broken. :P

Edited by Wild_XIII

So with the hop unit breaking, my disassembly level also broke. The front of it snapped off so now to disassemble my pistol I have to use a pair of pliers to rotate the lever.

I think it's time to weather it, cover the grip in tape similar to this...

But didn't that one actually fire and work? :P

Still sad to hear all these issues from your one, it seemed to be cracking away quite well only a month or two ago?

'FireKnife'

It still works as if the hop isn't broken lol. It's unfortunate that they made those parts out of crappy materials, but regardless it still works... providing it's warm enough! I've got some Guarder power up gas on order to see how well it copes with winter temps, that was the major downfall (until now) for the XDM IMO.

It still works as if the hop isn't broken lol. It's unfortunate that they made those parts out of crappy materials, but regardless it still works... providing it's warm enough! I've got some Guarder power up gas on order to see how well it copes with winter temps, that was the major downfall (until now) for the XDM IMO.

Ah I thought by the way you described it is that it was on it's last legs or there already :P.

Still see how long it lasts, would be good to see how the new WEs hold up, still need to find me a WE Glock to test.

'FireKnife'

It would be fun to see it gradually falling apart and then it just goes catastrophically wrong (obviously not hurting you in the process I hope) like the guns in Far Cry 2 used to.

Saying that the last three guns I have seen fail was a WE and two KSCs. So it seems WE are getting designs out there that work better than some of the competition :P.

Now to continue the hunt for a Glock, I would go for a XDM but seeing as I plan to use and abuse said gun I want a common platform for parts and the Glock fits that bill all too well.

'FireKnife'

Hey guys, sorry to burst in on your thread but i am looking for an instructional video/guide of how to completley take the WE slide to peices and back again. A new player decided to open his up to swap a part which was broken without finding a guide first.

Thanks a lot guys.

Also in regards to holster/lack there of. Why not just have one made for you? I got an M&P and ordered a kydex holster from the states that holds it with a streamlight tlr-1 on it and at my preferred cant, been using them for over a year and won't touch any other holsters.

Hey guys, sorry to burst in on your thread but i am looking for an instructional video/guide of how to completley take the WE slide to peices and back again. A new player decided to open his up to swap a part which was broken without finding a guide first.

This may of some use (it's TM based, but I can't imagine there's much difference).

http://1st.geocities.jp/gunshootingandcustom/XDM-40bunkai.html

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't see why not, but I also don't understand why you would do that.

The XDM magazines are standard pistols size pretty much.

The MP7 pouches are probably too tall and so they would maybe fall to the bottom and be hard to reach.

40mm grenade pouch might be the oposite, a little too short, height wise, but I guess that depends on the pouch.

Just use normal pistol mag pouches, they fit fine.

As to how well do they last, theres at least 15 in our team and all bar one are working fine and even out ranging some AEG's at times. all of them will empty the mag and lock back even in the winter unless you try to do a mag dump as fast as you can but I've only had one pistol over the last 15 years that has done that sucessfully.

Overall, they are very good and my go to pistol, well, that or my M&P's.

Oh, and +1 for kydex. love it!!

My advice for anyone using we pistols is to disassemble it and thread lock anything that screws together , as they have a tendancy to rattle themselves apart .

Apart from that issue , a very good pistol with good range and accuracy . Haven't had any issues with my magazines yet . So pretty impressed with it at the moment .

I have the compact version that comes with 2 mags out of the box .

Only downside is a lack of holsters at retailers in the uk .

• Like 1

I have a 4.5 that I bought well used, and then I have since put many more thousands of rounds through it, so far I have had the latch on the hammer to catch the sear snap off, the pin for the barrel to ride on the hopup chamber snapped off, and the takedown lever broke, All of these issues were pretty easily fixed with some steel pins, JBweld and some dremels, but still, a bit of a pain

I bought a BNIB 3.8, and it seems as though the metal castings are a bit better with no seams on the slide like the 4.5 has, and the slide finish is definitely a bit nicer, but there seems to be a consistent casting mark (i looked at a few different 3.8s at the store, they all had identical marks)which i must assume means a messed up mold in the factory, but in the depressions in the grip there are little abnormal "lumps"

• 3 weeks later...

I know what youre both talking about, and youre talking about different things. I have the xdm 3.8, my compact mag came with that plastic bit which i believe is meant for dry firing without holding down the slide catch.

Now the issue with the slide lock disengaging when you put in a new mag is due to the catch not being flush with either the slide or frame. Because of this i think it just barely engages the slide keeping it back, so when its slightly knocked ie when you put in a new mag it moves out of place allowing the slide to move back into battery. Check if yours has any horizontal movement. I havent attempted to fix it as I find it to be a minor problem. Do let us know though

Well, mine has bitten the dust.

Where the roller bearing sits on the hammer has worn away. This means that the roller bearing doesn't remain straight when the slide recoils back, so I get the slide stuck expelling all of the gas from the mag unless I quickly remove the magazine. Also the cocking indicator has come out of place and got stuck so the slide is completely jammed now.

So I've had the gun for less than a year and it's not seen a great deal of use and these are the following issues:

Worn hammer so the bearing moves and jams the slide.

Broken Disassembly lever.

Broken hop unit.

Magazines have a tendency to leak from the release valves.

Screw from the blowback unit comes loose and causes the slide to jam when firing.

Cocking indicator comes out of place and jams the slide.

Overall I'm happy that WE have improved certain things (like the guns actually working!), however the durability of their new stuff is still just bad! Back to TM for me!