• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just fitted a Nova slide to a team mates marui xdm this weekend and It fitted really nicely no mods needed, quality seem very simular to the SD slide I installed on my own XDM, If I had to choose I wo

Haha. I sense some contradicting opinions here   I am not sure myself, I will have to leave it be and see how it feels. Anyways, the silencer was just for show/fun, doubt I will use it like that an

I still swear by the Wii-tech XDM metal nozzle which I've installed for my RA-Tech v TM steel slide pistol, I've tried every other nozzle on the market and none of them was able to produce the recoil

Posted Images

So, how's this thing holding up? any updates?

By the way, you're quite wrong about the markings, it's got the same markings as the marui (except for the magazine) and lacks the springfield armory logo on the top of the slide and the springfield armory USA markings on the side of the slide

XDM40smallB.jpg

I hate to be a killjoy but as above, I also noticed several factual errors thru out the review, I can take the time to make note of all these as to not just appear to be trolling but I don't want to waste everyones time if the OP doesn't want me to. Sorry mate !

• 2 months later...

I'm begining to think that I'm going to pick one of these up. Has anyone out there put "a lot" of shots thru one of these yet?

I've put quite a few shots through mine and the only problem I have is with the hop, with no hop on .28's are attempting to enter orbit! I'm going to try bending the hop arm a bit to try and reduce the hop.

Otherwise, It's reliable and a very good sidearm.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought and recieved both the 4.5" and 3.8" models. Build quality is not on TMs level, but its CLOSE. The trademarks (incomplete) are not really that well done and don't quite match what is on my real XDms but the replicas are very close. I had minor paint issues on the 4.5" but the 3.8" seems to be much better.

They shoot well, and seem well built internally. Not much else to say until they've had a couple thousand BBs down the pipe.

Edited by KTcerberus

Pics of the finish on mine. Mine's been used a lot, it's also been dropped several times and drawn/holstered a fair amount. Mines easily seen over 1000 shots.

20121008_232007_zps1c2412a4.jpg

20121008_232014_zps4f6e04ac.jpg

20121008_232023_zpsaa0217cd.jpg

20121008_232029_zpsd771575c.jpg

As far as leaky mags go, a dodgy O-ring on one of the release valves meant one of mine kept leaking from the release valve, but a thick coating of silicone grease sorted that out. The fill valves are all fine, touch wood.

The places with the worst wear are the top of the chamber and the outer barrel, when you reassemble the gun after a field strip the barrel can get scratched against where it slides into the frame. It is a cracking pistol with amazing range and very good performance on even 134a. However as I've probably already said in the thread, there are a few things you need to do to get the most from it.

1. Thread lock the two screws in the hop unit and the screw that secures the blowback unit into the gun. These come loose and make your hop adjustment "sloppy" and when the blowback unit comes loose, the gun just vents all of it's gas. Something that's made me look a little stupid on a couple of occasions. :(

2. Bend the hop adjustment arm so it gives slightly less hop. When I first got the gun it was over hopping .3's with no hop applied! I had to bend the adjustment arm slightly so it gave me less hop so I could actually adjust it to the .28's I was using.

3. If the magazine is leaking from the release valve (all three of mine were!) then you'll want to take the release valve out and give it a nice coating of silicone grease. Also on one of the valves, the little o-ring was loose. I covered this in grease so it stayed where it was and that seems to have solved the issue.

Apart from those issues I really love this pistol and when I get the cash I will be getting the compact. :)

You guys have no idea how hard I am fighting my airsoft demon here... I had the items in the shopping cart but bailed on the "Confirm" step... Not because I don't want it, or can't, but because I know I shouldn't... Just one month without buying anything. That is all I am trying to accomplish here, it's killing me...

Looking at WE XDM + the new NOVA alu. slide and barrel in titanium/black... soooo sexy !

SON OF A... Just took the plunge... WE XDM + AS nozzle + NOVA titanium slide... :|

See? you should have sent me the money... :rolleyes:

Seriously, waiting to see how that fares so i can hold my hype and wont buy the compact before the PX4 next month...

By the way, is there a sherpa for these guns? ACM if possible :)

Haven't look for holsters. TBH. If you are looking at the HK3P. I have it, and while it is really nice for the price, I never got it to feel comfortable in my hands. The sides of the grips are way to flat and leaves the palm of my hand empty. So I am gonna sell it. Hoping the XDM is better, which I think it is. Everyone sais it's like a mix between 1911 (my favorite!) and a Glock, so yeah, HELLZ YAH!

Haven't look for holsters. TBH. If you are looking at the HK3P. I have it, and while it is really nice for the price, I never got it to feel comfortable in my hands. The sides of the grips are way to flat and leaves the palm of my hand empty. So I am gonna sell it. Hoping the XDM is better, which I think it is. Everyone sais it's like a mix between 1911 (my favorite!) and a Glock, so yeah, HELLZ YAH!

I have quite long hands so most guns fit nice in a way or another... I was wondering if any acm brand made a BH sherpa so I can mount it in my future QD system along other pistols

Sorry for the offtopic, If you are going to sell the HK3 PX4 in stock form, i might be interested :)