Tactics you use while Using your bolt actions

fuzzhead

Hi im wandering at the different tactics people use ive found that as i travel light i will lure people at me by flanking and harrasing and when they have had enough i run off and lie in wait they usually walk right into your sights but its bad though if its up against boxmag guys

This is a giant thread really m8.... there are so many answers. The problem is that every encounter is different in one way or another and therefore different tactics can be employed, to best effect.

The main tactic, is not being detected; this is tough and dictated by the environment above all else. If you can go undetected in the first place, you will get the best oppertunities to alter the game's outcome.

As you say, when you are seen, use it to your advantage; as you say, lead them into a trap/ambush or simply evade them.

Whatever you do, you need to pull your weight on the team and get the shots, that justifies the rest of your team, being a man down.

Reading the game, is itself a skill and that dictates what your next move will be. Imagine it more like chess... you need to move to the right square to threaten each piece, one at a time.

My advice is concentrate on being still more often than moving. Don't move your head around quickly as you normaly do... learn to move in slow motion and use your eyes to look around.

Stalk slowly, again watching head movement, stay low. Have your pistol out when moving in dense areas. If you hear firing and think its an ambush, just spring back out of there, dogleg and then set ambush.

The speed you move is again dictated on where you "put" your opponents, at that moment in time. Again this comes from reading small bits of information (ie. sounds) to intercepted radio comm's or long distance observations.

Often however, you are just working off instinct. Instinct is good and keeps you in the game..... heck, it did us proud for many thousands of years. If you have a bad feeling about something, listen to it and take extra care..... go to ground and observe or bother to crawl to a good position to have line of sight to the area you suspect.

The problem however in many game types is time; you must use tactics that don't waste too much time, with too little return. Again, its about justification the role is worthwhile. Upright stalking is the main stance in many Airsoft game types. However prone isn't necessarily superior, as it vastly limits your fire arc and senses. Everything is a pay off between being seen and spotting your opponents. If you hide in the deepest brush, you won't be seen; but you won't see anyone. It's all catch 22.... its harder than using an AEG

The old saying that practice makes perfect is true and you will develop skill sets over time.

I also suggest investing in a TM gas pistol, as you need something highly effective, for inside your MED.

Here is one of our videos.... with some tips from our own experiences

Good Hunting ;)

Be where they won't expect you to be.

If they don't expect it, they won't really be looking properly. And if your rifle is quiet enough, you can really cause some havoc before they work out what's going on.

Archived