Sniper'ish full stock for SPR / AR15. With battery-space.

swatti

Just tracked down a decent second-hand ICS M4 that im hoping to turn into a SPR or some other form of sniper'ish gun but one quite large detail needs work, the stock!

I'l be running it with heavy upgredes and i hate those ugly PEQ-boxes so the stock needs to hold a battery, im swapping into lipos atm so theres no need to hold a massive NIMH-battery.

There seems to be HUGE amount of stocks if it were a "collapsible" one, but i dont want that. I want a full stock... There was even an airsofters review by someone about a M16-stock that took a full-size 30round mag underneath it. Tried to find it but cant remember where i saw it.

I'l be also using a large'ish mosfet-circuit so fitting the battery to the buffer-tube is a no no, else the Magpull sniper-stocks would do nice. Ready-mag also doesnt look good in my eyes.

Sadly the ICS receiver is a bit longer then typical AR15 so the tasty looking "M16 sniper-stock" by Right wont fit, its also quite badly at the pricey side of things. This will end up being a "budjet-build" like most of my guns.

Ideas? Remember to link a pic

The M16 thumbhole sniper stock is aweful; avoid it like the plague. It costs the earth, yet is made from super cheap plastic and doesn't even fit on the pistol grip without leaving a large gap, showing the GB.

I would just suggets getting a classic army or TM M16 stock; should be big enough for your needs, due to using lipo's.

Good Hunting ;)

I'm not sure if ICS M4s are actually compatible with TM style stocks; according to people I know that've owned them, the stock tube is somewhat different. (But can apparently be modded with some filing/drilling)

If so; How about something like this? Lets you take LiPos inside it.

Make a thumbhole stock.

Bit of thick dowel from the pistol grip to the stock, then go to town on it with fibreglass and filler. There was a guide on one of the Stargate forums on how to do it to build a "Carter special"

If you do, you'll probably have the only ICS that has one, being as the ICS won't take stuff designed for other guns. ;)

EDIT: I'm sure there is a better one somewhere, but this one shows the principle of it.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/stargate-sg-1-carter-special-lots-pics-136408/

I'd like to suggest this

http://www.ebairsoft.com/nylon-adjustable-sniper-stock-p-5939.html

not sure about battery storage ,but it looks like you could fit a fair sized "long" lipo in the tube section

(due to the short attaching screw) with a mosfet because the tube itself doesnt adjust.

I want one , but dont really NEED one...

Jim

Damn, that "carter special" looks like something i could do. Been hoping for a chance to try something like that out... Wont see many like it thats for sure.

Those stocks on Ebair do look nice, not a bad price eighter but the battery-space seems a bit limited for what i need.

The standard ICS M16 stock will take a 7.4v 5000mah pack or an 11.1v 3300mah pack, just throwing it out there...

Pretty much any other aftermarket stock will be a pig to fit due to the way the stock pipe/mount is an intermediate piece between the receiver and whatever stock you're fitting. I wanted to fit a G&P 'marine' stock that looks like a cross between a solid stock, wire stock and a crane stock but the amount of dremelling needed and the way it attaches to the stock pipe means it won't go on the ICS stock adaptor.

Archived