I didn't see any information for WGC Shop, so I thought I would give a quick review.

I have placed around 6 orders with them over the past two years and they have been consistently efficient and reliable. Package is typically shipped within 2 days, stock is as advertised, basically no drama at all. I have not yet had the opportunity of exploring their customer service department as I have yet to have any issues at all.

My most recent order was placed at 10pm PST on the 25th, shipped at 3am PST on the 26th and delivered in Washington State on the 28th. Much, much faster than some of the US retailers.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Jibbity! A well deserved thread for the guys at WGC!

I've just placed my third order through them (a big one^^) and will give you feedback.

For the previous orders they were extremely quick and prices are highly competitive.

I was horrified when I got my first order because the box containing a TM Colt Python had been cut-out in many places!! But I realised they'd cut out the "Colt" logos on the box and even covered the logos on the gun with tape to avoid customs confiscating or destroying the item because lthe Colt licence is owned by Cybergun and TM has no authorization! Thx WGC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WGC and Airsoft Global are my top two at the moment. Depth of stock, responsiveness to emails, speed of shipping, accuracy of order.

DenTrinity is fine, as is TMC and Boom Arms, and UNC is OK.

RW has the worst customer support imaginable and EHA..., well..., words fails me.

• 3 months later...
To whom it may concern,

Last night (2013-02-02), I went to WGC showroom at Mongkok at about 1945 hours as the showroom should be closed at 2000 hours as stated in the website (http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/aboutus.php). However, the door is locked and I knocked the doors. It is quite surprising for me that the company like yours does not even have a door bell and your customer needs to knock the door. After a few minutes, somebody came out, a very short man opened the door (I am not going offend your staff but they don't have a name tag to identify themselves) and said the computer has been shut down and the time was 8 already. What a great answer to your local customer. For a Hong Kong people who lives in Hong Kong for more than 28 years, it is the first time I learned that there is a time difference in Hong Kong.

As you know the market share of your company in wargame stuff is decreasing dramatically in recent years and your boss is trying to explore the new market Hong Kong. He offers the showroom services and online order to the local people. I think he is on the right track to offer the online ordering service to the local people as your salesLADY in the showroom has no knowledge about products that your company selling to the customers. For the saleman who wears glasses is the most helpful one but in slow motion. I thought I was watching Matrix at that time. For the so called gunsmith, he does not have such professional knowledge and technique to fix the airsoft guns. Therefore, doing product research in front of the PC is more efficient than asking your staffs.

This is the second time, I wrote a complain letter to your company. Last time, you replied that you had received my reply already BUT no follow up actions. Don't worry! I am not going to write the third one as I will not go to your shop or buy things from your company again as there are so many choices available for me who spent more than HK$50,000 a year on wargame stuffs.

I will post this letter on various forums both local and oversea to let other customers to judge. I am looking forward to your 'acknowledgement' reply. But I think you have to give an explanation to your boss.

Last but not least, as a loyal customer like me, a little suggestion to your company, close the showroom or sell your business to the others. Look at your competitors, like ehobbyasia, they have the products to provide immediately instead of asking the customer to pay the deposit and return to get the products a few days or a few weeks.

Your loyal customer in the past,

Well, the part about the staff not being knowleadgeable enough about what they sell is a fair complain IMO, airsoft is a specialized world and people selling or working on customer support should have a minimum knowledge about it, specially techs fixing or upgrading the required stuff, not like being a utter knowitall nerd, but just enough to know what is this all about, have a chat with the clients, etc, as the customer will feel more comfortable and prone to buy more stuff in the moment or in the future. not having a big stock is just their bussiness style, like it or not, its not a bad thing, moreover when all these things are readily abailable in any airsoft HK shop... wait or buy from another.

This said, as a former clerck and actually employed person, I think this rant is a bit childish as bankz5152 said, if the people in the shop see there are no customers and the closing time is getting close, closing the shop and going back home to have a life beyond customers arriving last minute to see, fiddle and fondle with guns who will probably make them go home late and not buy anything (this is a possibility, maybe not yours) is perfectly normal, understable and desirable for clecks mind health.

Just for your information, and I dont mind if you spend a buck or a million in toys and fancy dresses, clecks are people, not slaves, they have a life beyond their jobs and customers

To be fair, I've seen people describe airsoft store employees as having 'no idea' simply because they weren't able to say if a specific AK was 1:1 to the real thing. Didn't matter that they could rattle off all of the specs. on things like RoF on various different batteries, FPS with .2s, biggest capacity battery able to fit, etc. etc.

He is correct on some points, with Ehobby, you are engaged by the staff who actually want to help you. 

With WGC, you have to engage the staff and only the tall, bald bloke who wears glasses is helpful.

I have noticed a decrease in the quality of service on the internet side too. They take a week to ship whereas Redwolf ship next working day and Ehobby take 2-3 days.

Last order I had with WGC, it took them over a  week to contact me when there was something missing from my order, and that was only after 3 emails I sent them asking for shipping status when they missed the shipping date by two days.

If it weren't for the fact that I get a 10% discount from WGC, I probably wouldn't buy from them anymore.

But the OP's point about closing 7.45pm on a Saturday evening is highly ridiculous, that's like complaining that the sea is salty. 

WGC has been a great retailer for me for about 10 years. However, seems there shipping has slipped a bit. In the past, they would ship within 24 hours but recently it is taking a few days to ship out. Of course no where near as pathetic as Evike!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the good experiences are suddenly going away. They emailed me back after the Chinese New Year saying a part is out of stock. So I email them back with what I want to do and it's now been 3 days since I got a reply. Not bad considering I also stated I wanted to try and get things sorted ASAP for a game that is coming up. :( No chance of it turning up now!