Initial impressions of the VFC/Umarex HK417 AEG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry for necro, but this is some updated info.     Made a video review talking about the updated internals of this gun. The gearbox 2.2. A follow up video already uploading about piston compa

Alas, many Airsoft prayers have been answered, someone (Umarex but MADE by VFC) has finally made an Airsoft replica of the HK417. However, does the world of Airsoft rejoice and marvel at this chunk o

Not sure how many people have seen this:     Preview of, as I remember it, a limited edition version of the 417 released by Elite Force a few days ago.

utag, I *think* he thinks you're using an electric speedloader on 11.1v, not your AEG. I'm sure you ment that you use normal, mechanical speedloaders

Ps. please say some words about accuracy and range. Also upgrade possibilities of the gearbox ;) thx

Will do, I'll be getting the mags ready in anticipation for sunday :P. From what I gathered when I was bringing the FPS down it's a Version 2 so It can take gears etc, I didn't really take a good look at it since I wanted to be in and out quickly ;) but it's the redesign of it that allows the different grip since it's at a different angle, if I have to take it apart again I'll take some pictures when I do so but I'm one of those people that doesn't fiddle unless necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, ran this rifle this weekend at a 36 hour game at cope hill this weekend, some good points and bad points.

The mid caps. Absolutely rubbish the springs can't handle a .28 (all I had since I ran out of .25's)

Springs need to be removed from the mags and broken in since they get incredibly stiff after 80 or so rounds.

1 of my mid caps broke while being loaded, the little release switch on the top flew off.

Range was impressive, although not as much adjustability in the hop as I'd like it still performed admirably, and managed to rack up some nice hits with it.

For it's first proper game I was pleased with the performance not pleased at all with the mag but oh well back to action hobbies it goes, I'll let you know whether they honour the warranty or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

VFC have no plans to release a 20" Barrel RIS Kit.

Well they might not release a kit, but I don't see why they won't release a full gun with the 20 inch barrel + extended RIS... :P

As you know by now, they did... :) Limited Edition only 350 pieces worldwide by Elite Forces/Umarex... I just recieved, my order from Evike.com for serial # 215... :) Yes review to be up shortly... :) I live in NY and it was delivered by UPS on 11/20/2012...

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, ran this rifle this weekend at a 36 hour game at cope hill this weekend, some good points and bad points.

The mid caps. Absolutely rubbish the springs can't handle a .28 (all I had since I ran out of .25's)

Springs need to be removed from the mags and broken in since they get incredibly stiff after 80 or so rounds.

1 of my mid caps broke while being loaded, the little release switch on the top flew off.

Range was impressive, although not as much adjustability in the hop as I'd like it still performed admirably, and managed to rack up some nice hits with it.

For it's first proper game I was pleased with the performance not pleased at all with the mag but oh well back to action hobbies it goes, I'll let you know whether they honour the warranty or not.

Have the same problem with my mags. They don't feed bbs heavier than 0.25, and that`s no good for a marksman rifle. Can someone please tell me how I can access the springs in the mags. I tried to remove the base plate of a mag, but with no luck. I did not use too much force as I did not want to break anything.

• 2 months later...