Steyr ACR

Avenger96

ACcording to worldguns...

According to world guns the Five-seveN pistol is striker fired. Just because it's on a website don't make it true. Also, kinda bummed nobody is actually making a Steyr ACR. If you think about it, if this was a build request forum then it would be flooded with "pleez build this gun" with the encyclopedia of guns thrown in. That said, I think I'll build an Rk.62.

Avenger, while the name of the forums is a tad ambiguous, something to keep in mind when it comes to custom projects is feasability, regardless of who is going to make it. The Styr ACR would be more or less impossible to build due to it's very peculior layout, you couldn't really fit any gearbox into it because the magazine is so far back. Now if your response to this is "I have no idea what you just said" you should probably not be suggesting custom projects in the first place. Not being harsh it's just that it's like if I walked into a garage and went "Oh hai, you know what was cool, the batmobile, make it! I have no idea how it or any other car would work but it'd totes be cool!" which while the batmobile would be cool, would still be very presumptuous of me to suggest to said mechanics. If you are genuinely interested in custom projects I'd suggest start reading up on other people's builds, see what goes into them, how they work, what is typically used in terms of mechanisms and matterials.

Bleh, people should think more "out of the box". There are so much more easily adaptable/transplantable engines than gearboxes. I think the bigger problem with feasibility with this would be the body of the gun, how to make one look real.

That said, I think I'll build an Rk.62.

Please build one :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't think of a good base for the ACR even if I wanted to build one. With the ACR's design you basically have to go BV, but I'm too lazy when it comes to dealing with classics.

G11 on the other hand I could, but I'm just lazy.

I can't think of a good base for the ACR even if I wanted to build one. With the ACR's design you basically have to go BV, but I'm too lazy when it comes to dealing with classics.

G11 on the other hand I could, but I'm just lazy.

Eh? If im correct isnt this just an AUG that could be modified, sure the stock would need some serious remodeling.. but people have done crazier stuff in the past. just LOOK at Renegades builds

You can get a close look a like with relatively little technical effort. The problem is getting an exact replica, with how the magazine is inserted, there leaves very little room for a gearbox, you'd probably need to use a custom magazine with a mini-gearbox (like the MP7).

Using the grip as a scale, I don't think there's any room for a full gearbox, but I guess if you use a non-linear hopup chamber and feeding lip it would work with a full sized gearbox.

Can I interject some sanity? The ACR is UGLY AS SIN. Yep, its ALL CAPS UGLY.

Just saying...

But...

If you must...

Then use a type 97 MB and make the feed tube on the front of the mag, so the BB's feed forward and up at around a 45 degree angle, then a gently curve to vertical to meet the nozzle.

Well, here is what happened.

I wrote a long and well thought out post with some ideas, like how I thought using a hidden magazine(think springer L96) would work, and maybe on a GBB/HPA platform. However, my computer died before I could post it. So, instead of rewriting the good post I just trew it up, planning to embellish later. Never embellished.

Everyone who said that it is ugly as sin is absolutely right, but I like the concept of the rifle.

Archived