Most Reliable GBBR on the Market Now?

bankz5152

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The saving grace on the g&g is its price 139 quid . It can fire a full mag on auto if required 30 rounds , is fairly accurate and if ever it does break I will throw in a version 2 box and have another aeg to use . So in my opinion it's a win win situation !

The G&G is a good idea for sure, I can see the pro's, especially the full AEG compatibility and a UK warranty. But for someone like me the bolt travel combined with G&G's externals (Well built but not exactly pretty) tend to put me off. It's sort of a diet GBB, it does the same basic stuff but it just doesn't give you the same feeling.

The Kwa mp7 is still in my eyes the one to beat . Apart from the shortage of long mags . The mp9 is good but as pointed out an smg

Tm s mp7 has a lot to live up to , when it finally gets released in gbb form

As will the kriss vector and madbull PDw / pdr gun

I do like we rifles , I just begrudge the fact that you have to upgrade everything after purchase to make them reliable , should be made out of the box with the upgrades !!

And that feeling is the main reason we use gbbs. I have used the we closed bolt m4, open bolt scar, g36, l85, kwa mp7 and the mauzen mp5 and the only gbb I have used that total failed to put a smile on my face is a stock WA m4. Could not wait for the game to end.

With out that feeling most gbbs give, they become another chore.

From using my MP9, I can't really see a big performance difference between it and the MP7. They're both similarly sized although I think the MP7 has a slightly longer barrel, but my MP9 is quite evil out to it's maximum range. The two MP7's that a couple of my friends own have both had some pretty nasty issues in the past with bolts shearing and parts breaking, yet I've read very little on internal parts breaking on the MP9.

From what I've seen the MP9 and MP7 are pretty much identical performance wise.

I'm thinking about saving up and getting a WE Scar OB as I like the ergonomics of the Scar and there isn't a Scar WOC. I just need to see how I get on using my MP9 in a game once the mags arrive.

KWA MP7 really is one to beat. Ive just sold everything off keeping it as my primary. Though the TM version is out very shortly.

I still dont agree with 'you have to upgrade everything in a WE gun for it to work'. Everytime Ive put an after market part into a WE rifle it has failed. Stock been perfect everytime. Thats x3 G36s, x2 SCARS, x1 M4, X1 PDW - Tested RA-Tech steel parts they caused more issues that they solved. At standard the only thing Id change on a stock WE rifle is the valve locker to a steel one, new hop rubber. Leave the rest alone.

It was such a shame I had to sell my PDW with all the Version 3 internals combined with Version 2 mags it was a beast, happily slug a .3g around 170ft dead straight at 320fps. Very little cooldown due to the new mag deisgn, amazing ROF. Only complaint was after a few fills when the mags where a little chilli full auto wasnt great.

Though the WE G36 is a fantastic rifle, mainly due to the exellent magazine design.

I will point out I quite enjoy my G&G .. I have had a few GBBr's over time and this rifle is a fun gun to just enjoy for a Sunday skirmish. I would kind of agree with the whole GBBr-lite but I don't mind it feels nice and fires away lovely so I don't see any issue especially for the price.

I still dont agree with 'you have to upgrade everything in a WE gun for it to work'.

Maybe it didn't come across the way I meant. I don't agree that everything in the WE guns have to be upgraded. My old WE G36 worked great when all that had been upgraded was the nozzle to a NPAS. It's still going strong even though I sold it to someone who never even touched a gas rifle in their life!

Thinking about it, it was a bit of a stupid comment seems as the WE system isn't that bad. They do work pretty well.

Exactly, it is why I think WE is a great manufacturer as while their guns will be realistic on the outside the internals are not and work better as its a proper airsoft system rather than a bodged system from an RS rifle. Cough Cough VFC...

Exactly, it is why I think WE is a great manufacturer as while their guns will be realistic on the outside the internals are not and work better as its a proper airsoft system rather than a bodged system from an RS rifle. Cough Cough VFC...

I agree with you. The internals are optimized for Airsoft, and that's a great advantage to them. Hence why they can use parts of dubious materials and still offer a similar (if not better) performance/reliability than most WA Systems with aluminum, or even steel internals.

Since it's also compatible with VSR buckings, that's also in their favour.

Fox.

Although I havnt heard much love for the Inokatsus?

Inokatsu's stuff is very expensive, and as a result not very many people own them so there's not many people to support them. It's why if you put up a thread asking who made the best full-metal pistols, you'd get a lot of replies pushing WE and not a lot supporting Mike Cripps. In addition, Inokatsu are a hard-to-reach company, and they had persistent problems (2008-2009 especially) with bolts and nozzles failing under the extreme stresses of all-steel operation. Compounding these problems is the money; when you're charging what Inokatsu are (over)charging, customers are even more annoyed when their product doesn't work as it should, which is why Inokatsu's M4s have been trashed by uncomprehending new owners.

In terms of the actual product, Inokatsu's products are the only ones made out of the correct materials (forged 7075T6 receivers, all-steel internals & barrel etc) and are the only ones developed with and licensed by Colt. They're the best looking (in my book) and the best made, though out-of-the-box they usually need some adjustments and aren't skirmish-ready (my unmodified 2009 SV shoots 410fps). That said, these are fundamentally the best WA-pattern M4s around and if you can buy one second-hand it will have as stock all the expensive steel parts everyone else has to buy aftermarket. They aren't for everyone but they're much better value second-hand (like mine was).

263825_3446315411045_391702962_n.jpg

WOC AR build with steel internals. 2 years, thousands of rounds, only breakage was when it was left cocked all winter by accident and I pressed too hard on the hammer spring with my thumb for no real reason- so entirely my fault.

Ino SuperBolt makes it naff in winter months though.

Not saying 'AM BESTEST GUN', never had experience with a KSC/KWA. The KJW I played with had hopup problems and the King Arms I played with had a faulty stock magazine, but that's an illegitimate sample size. My experiences with WE GBBRs are mixed at best.

G&P Pmags are a tad leaky but it's nothing a bit of silicone, a pin punch (in my case a nail) and a screwdriver can't fix with ten minutes of effort and a few hours of curing time.

i'm so tempted at the VFC Mp5... but with the problems of internals being crappy, kind of scares me off a bit. I want an MP5!! but right now, my 2 inokatsu's will do. their 2011 line is a forged 6061 (not T6) so they're using crappy materials for 2011... I've a feeling their 2009-2010 isn't really 7075-T6 either... But i did customize my inokatsu's to maximize reliability, and realism... Purchased the prime steel barrel extension and the viper AEG hop up unit with prometheus aluminum 6.03 barrel. Drilled and tapped the viper barrel extension as it wasn't compatible with Viper hop up. Finally, getting custom steel internals made (Carbon steel, just like KWA's internals -- according to their rep)

Archived