I think it is only the incosistency of their manufacturing process and not a design change on purpose. But I am quite happy with these products nevertheless, only one needs some modification from three. That is much more than what I expected from Guarder.

I also got their houp bucking inbound.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much time passed since the last update as I am working on articles for hungarian sites. But things do happen which I am going to write about soon.

What to expect:

- Experience with RA-tech blue and Guarder hopup rubber.

- I also got Ra-Tech improved hopup kit inbound which will hopefully solve hopup and accuracy issues I am also going to write about soon.

- Magazines and bolt catch issues and fixes.

- KSC receiver issue.

And a queston that has been bothering me for weeks:

WHERE IS THE RAINIER ARMS RAPTOR CHARGING HANDLE FOR KSC/KWA, PTS??? :D

HOP-UP buckings

The most important part of every airsoft gun without question. And sadly the weakest part of the - especially old gen - KSC ARs and KWA LM4s.

It is arguable as some guy managed to make both of them work. But generally not even the new hopup system was as good as a stock TM GBB unit in their pistols without modifications. I used both systems for about half a year and tried many sort of modifications. Sometimes things seemed to work but it was never consistent solution.

The new design which was introduced with the KSC M4 CQB-R was a step into the right direction. But unfortunately the weak spot remained the same. The instrument that pushes down the bucking. Its material was too weak and it was also too thin.

Maybe Ra-Tech now helped this great GBB platform one big step closer to be the best one on the market? I think we will find out soon. Personally I am going to test it this weekend.

Fortunately I already tried a few aftermarket bucking available for the new generation hopup system in the past months.

I am going to talk about these products: EVOII Hop-Up Set for KSC/KWA Glock series, Guarder and Ra-Tech buckings.

001_zps41811d35.jpg

Guarder bucking

Note: it is a used one in the picture. Probably a 1000 BB or so went through it. It is still in good condition.

002G_zpsc513c205.jpg

Compared to the stock bucking. You can see that Guarder enlarged that part which actually hits the BB.

003_zps6844a121.jpg

Compared to the stock one its material is less soft. Which means it will not wear out as fast as the stock unit.

Speaking of accuracy test I can only wirte about subjective impressions as I could not make a proper test yet. Our experience is that In cold the stock bucking performed slightly better. Cold means somewhere between 0 and 5 degrees.

RA-Tech bucking

004_zps2e2b4a6d.jpg

This is the least soft bucking. And in cold (around 0 and 5 degrees) it became so stiff the BB could not go through under it.

It basically made my gun useless at that game.

It might work in the warm but I am pretty sure I am never going to install it again.

EVO II Hop-Up SET

I was waiting literally for months to this item. Sadly I have to wait a few days with the field test but I have high hopes.

005_zpsaa04f53d.jpg

Contents of the package. It is assembled so it is really a drop in kit for Glock users.

006_zps2dc2d706.jpg

Only the tensioner arm and the collar is made of steel. The latter one is the same as the stock one.

007_zps0cd44948.jpg

These ones seem to be pretty identical, too.

008_zpsed0eb13a.jpg

The point of the entire kit. A strong steel tensioner. I was about to have it made locally because I had thought Ra-Tech would never release it. I am glad they did.

009_zps02218e63.jpg

The bucking. Seems to be pretty interesting. Sadly I could not test it yet.

010_zps214af618.jpg

If the new tensioner works, I am going to borrow all of my pals' guns, get to a shooting range and make a real test between the buckings.

• 2 weeks later...

The new hopup kit seems to work. Now I just need to get some heavier BBs to make the test. :)

Bolt carrier polishing

Smooth cycling is essential in the GBB world, I think that is something out of question. The less smooth a GBB gun cycles the worse the gas consumption is.

Fortunately the KSC/KWA platform is really well made in that term. From the 3 KSCs and 1 KWA I know only one had cycling issues.

As an improvement, the bolt carrier and the inside of the receiver can be polished. Smoother cycling provides much better gas consumption. It might mean only a few more shots in a warm day, but the colder the weather gets, the more it counts. It might make the difference between a working and a non working gun on a cold winter day. I know that from first hand experience.

So I polished my KSC steel bolt carrier. It was surprisingly easy and the black color turned into gray. I like the new look much better.

bolt01_zpsf0973999.jpg

Polished one is above, stock one is below.

The inside of the bolt carrier where the nozzle cycles can also be polished.

bolt02_zps581f0b5d.jpg

Result is much smooter cycling.

Stock LM4 bolt carrier.

bolt04stock_zps5e14f0c0.jpg

bolt03stock_zps973be929.jpg

Polished LM4 bolt carrier.

bolt05polished_zpsbefcb0b4.jpg

bolt06polished_zpsf596f14f.jpg

Edited by emp3ror86

I suppose RA-TECH should do that fix. :P I'll look into it, patience.

Yes, now that steel bolt carrier might require more care and proper oiling. Not like I wouldn't already spend more time next to my work bench than actually playing...

(I can hear grammar nazis crying over your post btw. :D)