G3 Kurz or MC51-K

chas

Not much of a project, as there arent many modifications involved, but I thought I wold be better to put all my questions in one thread.

I want to make the gun at the bottom of the pic, as I was lucky enough to get a Jing Gong with both the expensive sliding stock and the folding one, magazines and top rail for just 85 euros. My doubts are:

1) When I substitute the handguard with the front grip of an MP5K, does it need to be modified? Where the battery go? I have Li-Pos.

2) Im planning to use real stell G3 or even curved CETME 3o-round mags, Can those be modified to fit into an AEg, like the real AK mags?

3) I want to turn them into hi-caps. Cutting the hi-caps internals in half and affixing each part to the bottom and the top of the real magazine shell, connecting them with a hot glued tube. Would that work?

4) Anyone have a guide to do the blowback mod on Marui style G3s?

Thanks in advance for your help and excude me if I dont update this in a month or more, but Im super-busy right now, new job and all.

cheers!

hkg3-k_2.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, interested, subscribed.

I dont have experiance with real steal HK, but the highcap mag mod will work fine. The internals are farly easily modified such as cutting a section of the middle out to make a shorter mag. To make them longer you will have to create a section of the BB carrier path tubing or box channel. thin sheet platic will do nicely. Old plastic something or other probably has a flat side you can cut the needed strips from for a box channel extension, section of old stock AEG barrel will make a nice tube extension.

For 2), I've seen someone modify real steel G3 mags to fit an AEG on this forum, but I can't seem to find it anymore. For 1), I believe MP5K batteries go in the cocking tube, but I'm not 100% on that (a friend owns two, but I don't.)

Edit: For what it's worth, I think the mag they modified was one of the older, ribbed aluminum ones. The steel used in smooth mags will, of course, be harder to cut.

Thanks!

Yeah, the MP5K uses a stick battery and goes in the cocking tube, I dont have the G3 yet (hopefully Ill get it this week) and I dont know where the bat goes yet and If there will be room enough once the MP5K grip is on.

If you look at the picture I posted, they hid the battery in the magazine,, I just hope I dont need to do that.

For 2), I've seen someone modify real steel G3 mags to fit an AEG on this forum, but I can't seem to find it anymore. For 1), I believe MP5K batteries go in the cocking tube, but I'm not 100% on that (a friend owns two, but I don't.)

Edit: For what it's worth, I think the mag they modified was one of the older, ribbed aluminum ones. The steel used in smooth mags will, of course, be harder to cut.

Don't know if you're talking about me, but I did that mod.

It's fairly easy to mod the RS mag (the old ones). All one has to do is to cut it down to the same lenght as the airsoft one, since RS G3 mags are longer/taller.

OK. The main problem here, is that I dont have a Dremel, and Im not sure a hacksaw would be precise enough.

The magazine has a main metal shell inserted into a smaller piece that goes into the gun and sticks out a bit. Do you think those two parts can be seperated? I would then simply take the big shell from the real magazine and stick it into the holder from the airsoft magazine.

You need to start getting building your tool supply before anything.

Buy a Dremel with a set of attachments, buy a large rough file and a set of small needle files, buy a cordless drill and a basic set of bits, buy a few quick clamps and a few small 4-5 inch C-clamps to hold stuff together while gluing or cutting.

Hmm, what else... Good metal ruler, x-acto knife, digital calipers make life MUCH easier, as they not only measure everything in sight to .01 but also convert metric to inch, better ones fractions as well as decimal inches. One or two sheets of 120, 180, and 220 grit sand paper. Crylon ultra flat spray paints for color and to black what gets shiny in modding. With all that you will be set to mod as well as fix household stuff for the rest of your life.

Take apart everything you are done with, save the screws nuts and bolts, most computer stuff like old cd and hdd drives have several nice m3 screws in them and a bunch of scrap material, sheet metal case can be cut and used, plastic face can be cut and used. lamps have cool internal fittings for the cord sometimes. Used dead vacuum? If it has a hose with hard plastic extension tubes, you have a great base for a fake suppressor. you need to take stuff apart and build your tool chest up, to make the modding happen.

Dont be a pack rat, but dont throw away all those high quality machine screws in your larger electronics like the average idiot ether.

Initially my reaction was ewwwwww! but then i thought to each there own. i think my ewwww was mostly due to the long mag. I built basically a Mp5K version of an m4. So i can understand the want of a CQB weapon with your favorite primary weapon mags...if that was your thinking? Thats what my thinking was anyways :)

That looks amazing. I totally want. And, as i'm sat here with 1.5 mp5k's in bits, i'm half tempted to get a cheap G3 to have a bash.

Yeah, in the normal 'K's the battery is a stick type that goes along the top of the gearbox, which obviously wouldn't be an option using a G3 and a V2 box...

You might be able to fit a *small* lipo in the verticle foregrip part, my 800mah 7.4v's would probably fit, but i've never tried.

the other option would be to try and bodge a v3 shell in the top, or modify a V2 shell so theres a bit of space in the cocking tube...

Will be watching this thread with interest!

OK. The main problem here, is that I dont have a Dremel, and Im not sure a hacksaw would be precise enough.

The magazine has a main metal shell inserted into a smaller piece that goes into the gun and sticks out a bit. Do you think those two parts can be seperated? I would then simply take the big shell from the real magazine and stick it into the holder from the airsoft magazine.

When I did my mod, some years back, I didn't have a dremel either, so I used a hacksaw. Take it slow, and you should be fine. ;)

In the RS mag those two parts can be separated, in the airsoft magazine, I'm not so sure...

But take Stinky's advice! Get a dremel in the future! :)

I use this 30' M14 mag for about three years. The two parts are welded together, and the gaps are filled with black resin. First I simply put the M14 high cap parts into, and connected the with plastic tube.

But after some events the BBs stucked into distended plastic tube, and the mag jammed...

So I build an MP5 high-cap into.

th_Kp047.jpgth_PC060061.jpgth_P9100069.jpgth_M14-30.jpg

I hope this helps too...

Don't know if you're talking about me, but I did that mod.

It's fairly easy to mod the RS mag (the old ones). All one has to do is to cut it down to the same lenght as the airsoft one, since RS G3 mags are longer/taller.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was you, actually. Props for that, I've always liked the looks of the older mags.

Avenger96: CA made/make long curved mags for their SA58s, which might be what you're thinking of.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was you, actually. Props for that, I've always liked the looks of the older mags.

Avenger96: CA made/make long curved mags for their SA58s, which might be what you're thinking of.

Thanks man! :) Actually now I run, besides the RS mag, 5 King Arms mags in that older style... :P

@Chas

I actually have lying around in a box 10 RS G3 mag (old style - wich are the ones the Portuguese Army uses, 'cause they're sexier). Got them here: http://www.zib-militaria.de

They're really cheap. :P

Cómo va, Giovanni? Thanks, that's the guy: he didnt back, there really was a problem, but it's solved. Im paying him tomorrow, hope tog get the gun next week.

I just bought a couple more guns, so until I see what I keep and what not, Ill go the cheap root and make (or have made) the 30-round magazine out of two regular (airsoft) mags, by welding them together. This is actually the most common 30-round mag in the RS world, see pic below.

Now given that these mags are made either of aluminium or pot metal, either way: high oxydation, what type of welding would I nedd? TIG? MIG?

There's also the possibility of "glueing" them togther via several brackets that hold them together from the inside. What kind of glue, cold-welding would you use for that?

lg0000005959_A_1295501747.jpg

As for the mag glueing issue, I'm a big fan of epoxy glues, Araldite type, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate for this particular case...

Another thing chas... Are you planning on keeping the retractable stock that comes with the gun?

I can buy it for you (although, customs can come on me too, but it's unlikely to go for more than 25 euros for any type of package, like 4 pistols together).

If you find one somewhere cheap, I can buy it for you and send it to you (Im in Spain).

I can buy it for you (although, customs can come on me too, but it's unlikely to go for more than 25 euros for any type of package, like 4 pistols together).

If you find one somewhere cheap, I can buy it for you and send it to you (Im in Spain).

Por dios, tio, lo podias haber dicho! :P

On this side of the border anything that resembles a firearm, or firearm components, such as a stock, is bound to stop at costums, if it comes from outside Shenghen, and goes directly to the Weapons and Explosives Division of the Police. Once it's there, it may, or may not, leave...

Gracias for the availability to help out! :) I'll look one up!

Archived