G3 Kurz or MC51-K

chas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gun arrived.

To do:

- get an MP5K grip and adapt it. Not the same attachment system.

- cut up a few mags, find someone who can weld the two parts

- figure out where to store battery

SANY0005.jpg

Doubtful - that space is incredibly small. Maybe a thin buffer tube lipo in the upper area right behind the cocking handle assembly? That's where MP5K ones go.

That is only possible on the MP5K's because they have a proprietary gearbox, that allows for that space to be used for the battery. On a G3, a standard V.2 gearbox ocuppies that area as well... Along side with the spring guide for the cocking tube.

If you can get that mp5 foregrip and IF the vertical grip is hollow, you might fit a low MaH 7.4v or even maybe a 11.1v in the foregrip+vertical grip space. small cells each wired together but not physically connected with one in the vertical grip and one or two in the foregrip along the barrel. Maybe...

Not really proprietary...it's just a V3 with a V2 motor "spacer".

Would it be possible to shave/sand a bit off the top then have it fit?

One keeps on learning! :)

Not really sure if there is enough clearance even shaving/sanding the top of the gearbox or the body internals... And it could result on a loss of stability on the gearbox, since that top rim takes 4 screws to hold both halves together...

I'm guessing a PEQ would be the best choice.

Mags cut down (these where the shells of mid-caps I got in the deal) and taped together. They actually hold together and the "new" magazine is quite sturdy. I dont think Im going to solder them together. Cheao duct tape FTW!

EDIT: For the time being, I may leave the mag internals alone, as the stay in place as it is, thanks to the metal burrs from the un-sanded magazines, and I can turn the feeding whell if I dont put a bottom plate on the lower magazine.

Also, since making these mags is so easy (at least the cheapo, unrefined way), I may make a second one, stick some innert bullets in, tape it as a secondary mag to the inserted one and use it to hide the battery.

Sorry for the low-quality pics:

SANY0001-1.jpg

SANY0002-1.jpg

puede que no te sirva de nada pero tengo un guardamanos de mc51 (mismo "grosor" de cacharro que el g3sas, no?) marui que no empleo para nada, si te es util para cortarlo dejando el agujero del pin delantero y añadirle "diy" un grip o incluso cortar otro...

help offer: anyone knows if an MC51 handguard will attach in the g3sas front? if it does He may use it sawing the excess part and gluing/epoxiing... a normal grip in it to "replicate" the "K" front grip

Thanks!

MP5K grip, gas tube and muzzle protector ordered. Should get it next week.

For the first time, Im going to strap a battery to the sling and hook it up at the front. Later on it's gonna go in the magazine. Already test fitted it and there is room enough in the magwell for a hole, to stick the battery connector out. This gun, although the bat goes in the front, the wires go into the back of the gearbox.

I was looking at batteries for my PDW and noticed the round cell LiFe bats could possibly fit a 7.4v 2s 1000MaH in the vertical part of the for grip, some models are pretty short and could maybe stack 2 short and fat batteries in that grip. Ideally a round and 2 flat batteries that worked as the same type could be made into a tri nunchuk pack for the foregrip. Not sure if any companies make the same batteries in different form factors though.

There are some pretty small sized 2 cell nunchuck packs that might fit on ether side of the barrel in the foregrip. Some RC airplane lipos are absolutely tiny as well but have low MaH. They can be had for under $6 on Hobby King so you could make each mag have a modest capacity 2 or 3 cell.

Got the MP5K parts (foregrip and flash hider), they both need to be modified. This would probably be simple forcrafty people, but Im kinda clumsy, so this will probably end up being a bit ghetto. The good part is that the G3 SAS is a very simple gun, few parts and very easy to disassemble.

EDIT: At least, with the gun in pieces; I was able to test if I could make a whole in the magwell floor to feed the nattery wire into the magazine (through the hi-cap trap door). it works! the magwell floor, plate, whatever, is the part left of the MP5K grip; the hole you see at the bottom is a lip that holds the front of the magazine.

SANY0005-1.jpg

IIRC the MP5K's cocking handle tube doesn't "attach" onto the front like normal MP5A/SD models do - at least on my old Galaxy one it was part of the upper receiver. I think once you find a way to attach that tube onto the top of the G3 receiver smoothly, the rest of the hack isn't much harder.

That's the problem. In the Marui or Galaxy MP5K, the gas tube is part of the upper and goes in too deep. I would need to hack up the central part of the MP5K's body, to get the gas tube free, which would also be incomplete. I think Im better off modifying the metal parts on the G3 to take the MP5K grip.

Archived