My G&P TA31 fell off a rack and got a cracked lens as a result. I was quite disappointed to find out that the price had gone from $100 or so to $170 when I went to buy a replacement.

I searched just about every Hong Kong webstore for a decent TA31 replica, but most were either out of stock or replicated the ECOS model.

Finally, I found that RSOV had what was advertised as an ACOG with no markings for a nice price of $60. Typically, I'm a bit squeamish about buying something that's marked "ACM" and has a very low price tag, but I decided to go for it anyways.

Shipping was not particularly bad at $20, and the service was pretty quick. It comes in a nondescript black cardboard box with foam padding inside, but who cares about packaging when you see this?

IMG_0920.jpg

My first impression was that I had struck gold- this is a very nice looking ACOG for $60 USD! The finish isn't 100% to the real TA31, but its close enough and no worse than the G&P finish. If anything, the tint is a little closer and the fibre optic looks a little more convincing.

The screw covers are the wrong type, but that's a minor detail that's easily remedied when you have another broken TA31 replica lying around.

RSOV advertises this as a "no marking" version, but it has some faux ACOG marks on the left side, which is a nice touch.

ACM:

IMG_0918.jpg

Trijicon:

IMG_0919.jpg

Comparisons:

G&P left, ACM right

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

Trijicon top, ACM bottom

IMG_0917.jpg

The adjustment screws do work properly and adjust with distinct clicks

IMG_0925.jpg

The eye relief is a little worse than the G&P, but it is still perfectly usable for an airsoft optic. Glass is clear and the reticule is sharp and precise. Of course, its not a proper TA31F/RCO reticule, but it does the job.

ACM:

IMG_0921.jpg

Trijicon:

IMG_0922.jpg

Overall, for $80 delivered, this is a solid ACOG to use on an airsoft rifle.

IMG_0744.jpg

Just a quick review, thanks for looking.

Edited by tinydata

They do seem to make some surprisingly good magnified optics these chinese.

I've looked at the G&Ps so many times thinking the extra price will be worth the quality, but after I recently picked up one of their T-1s which turned out to be exactly the same as an ACM version I already had, it's put me off them permanently.

So far I've got one chinese ACOG (older style with irons right on the top) which is really nice, and two Spectre replicas which are both excellent. I keep on expecting to see cloudy glass or vague, unprecise reticules but they just seem to get it right time and again. Not such a fan of ACM red dots, but cannot fault their magnified optics in the slightest.

They do seem to make some surprisingly good magnified optics these chinese.

I've looked at the G&Ps so many times thinking the extra price will be worth the quality, but after I recently picked up one of their T-1s which turned out to be exactly the same as an ACM version I already had, it's put me off them permanently.

So far I've got one chinese ACOG (older style with irons right on the top) which is really nice, and two Spectre replicas which are both excellent. I keep on expecting to see cloudy glass or vague, unprecise reticules but they just seem to get it right time and again. Not such a fan of ACM red dots, but cannot fault their magnified optics in the slightest.

There are different factories that make the ACOG I believe. I've been around the shops and some of the ACOGs have truly horrendous reticules and eye relief, whereas there's this ONE ACOG that had eye relief that's miles better than the other Chinese replicas (they were all TA01s mind you). Still, the eye relief's only an inch and the optic is still pretty expensive (I got mine for HKD 530).

I opt to go for the short dot type sights now like I detailed on my visionking review. Eye Relief is some 12cm-16cm and can be magnified at 5x rather than the fixed 4x of the ACOG. Sure it's not an ACOG when you choose to go use a short dot like site but for those that value function over the looks the variable magnification optics are better. Though there's nothing wrong with using an ACOG, if the eye relief was better I would've stuck with it but the 'best' replica ACOG I've seen had an inch of eye relief only, so THAT MUST be taken into consideration if you plan to use the ACOG to it's max efficiency.

Oh and the SpecterDRs are good too, but are horribly expensive (around 2x the price of the ACOG) and are heavy and bulky, without the option to fit a replica kill flash over it to stop bbs from hitting the front lens. But like you said, the glass is pretty good too (I think it has better eye relief than 1 inch, but I don't own one so I didn't measure it).

And the G&P optics are made in China :P Whether they share the same factory as another ACM replica manufacturer, I dunno, but they sure as hell aren't Made in Hong Kong as they make it out to be XD And replica red dots suck IMO, they aren't durable at all...I keep replacing them after accidentally dropping them or banging it on a hard surface some 4-5 times :(

Edited by intinerious

The eye relief on the better spectres is really rather good.

Anyways, i quite liked my old ACM acog, got it for £60. Good and solid did have no trades. Clear as day. And zeroed well, held it for two years too.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.

I've heard of HK airsofters bringing ACM ACOGs to Philippines and shoved it on AR15s to see if they'll hold zero, and they do XD