KJ KP-08 and WE XDM

How cold is it where you play, SimplyEpik? Those breaks look they might have been caused by stress fractures, and zinc/tin alloys get a lot more brittle at lower temperatures.

I live on the east coast in the U.S so the temperature doesn't get very low at all. In the summer time, you can expect temp. to be around 80 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit (about 25 to 35 degrees Celsius I believe?) I also play indoors at my local arena and that can really get hot (No A/C and a bunch of sweaty men cramped into a small building..) Temperature may be the cause but I personally don't think it is.

Strange, my KP-07 shows quite a bit of wear running a bit more than a year on CO2, but nothing that dramatic. The axle that connects the 2 safety levers broke, and the taps in the hopunit that holds/keeps the inner barrel fromd rotating were shaved a bit... thats all. I have to say though that every 3 months I Disassembled it completely, de-greased it with a bit of Dreft detergent in water and then relubed it with silicon oil/grease on the moving parts. Still runs, if it werent for the safety.

Could you tell what parts are NOT compatible with tm? I was looking forward to using a KP-05 Hi Capa as a donor gun for a race'ey gun.

Strange, my KP-07 shows quite a bit of wear running a bit more than a year on CO2, but nothing that dramatic. The axle that connects the 2 safety levers broke, and the taps in the hopunit that holds/keeps the inner barrel fromd rotating were shaved a bit... thats all. I have to say though that every 3 months I Disassembled it completely, de-greased it with a bit of Dreft detergent in water and then relubed it with silicon oil/grease on the moving parts. Still runs, if it werent for the safety.

Could you tell what parts are NOT compatible with tm? I was looking forward to using a KP-05 Hi Capa as a donor gun for a race'ey gun.

That's good to hear! I must of got quite unlucky then..

The KP-05 can take most upgrade parts made for the Hi-capa 5.1. The parts that arent't compatible are:

1) The rear sight (They make theirs a different design rather then the standard Bomar style sights)

2) Dyna pistons heads or the ones with holes that expands the o-ring. (Believe me, I tried it. It may be because of how KJW's valve blocker is of different design. Only the normal TM type piston heads will work with it.)

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'll be sure to add more if there is any. Please feel free to contribute as well. =]

Edited by SimplyEpik

1) can be solved by a new slide I think?

2) is probably because of the KWJ red reinforced loading nozzle. I might try a PDI pistinhead with a smaller O-ring.

Thank for the help, in any case ;) The only thing I think i SUCH a shame that has to be incompatible is the frame. I'd like a CO2 ampule compatible Prime/Nova/ whatever good quality frame :'(

Oh btw, For anyone interested in the KJW 1911, think about the sights, i've been using them for 2 skirms now, in and outdoor... I simply cant aim with them quick enough. Too low, to dark, the gap too small.

1) can be solved by a new slide I think?

2) is probably because of the KWJ red reinforced loading nozzle. I might try a PDI pistinhead with a smaller O-ring.

Thank for the help, in any case ;) The only thing I think i SUCH a shame that has to be incompatible is the frame. I'd like a CO2 ampule compatible Prime/Nova/ whatever good quality frame :'(

Oh btw, For anyone interested in the KJW 1911, think about the sights, i've been using them for 2 skirms now, in and outdoor... I simply cant aim with them quick enough. Too low, to dark, the gap too small.

I installed the PDI piston head on my pistol and I honestly didn't notice much of a difference.. If I was looking for the absolute best gas efficiency, then I would swap out the loading nozzle and install a Nine ball dyna piston head. :D

I finally got round to glueing the screws for the hop unit (not enough so I can't remove them though!). Now that the hop chamber doesn't come apart my XDM is chucking rounds out consistently and it is shooting them far! It chrono'd at 250 FPS using .28 bb's in fairly warm weather. It still over hops .25's but running it on .28's is ideal. I'm still surprised by the performance of this gun, I just wish the shots were more on the sights as it does effect accuracy a fair bit when you aim at one person and hit somebody else!

Some adjustable sights would be nice, however I've been playing with it again (I like to make sure my stuff works!) and it looks like the shots are hooking to the right. Looks like I'm going taking it apart and making sure the barrels straight. I'm used to having an M3 light on my pistol (before the Glock got sold) so dark areas weren't a hassle, though tritium sights are cool.

The really annoying this is that as much as I love this pistol, it just doesn't fit me like my old Glock did. That's not to say it's an uncomfortable pistol at all, it just doesn't feel... right. The temptation to sell it and pick up one of the HK3 Glock 18 gen 4's is very great.

...the shots are hooking to the right.

That's a hop-up / bucking issue. Either the hop-up lever isn't quite square/symmetrical, or the bucking is fractionally off, or slightly damaged. Slinging a quality bucking in there would be a good idea. Stock TM, Prometheus purple, Modify beige.

'FlameCarver'

Edited by mimesis

Another thing I forgot to mention was that yesterday when I was messing around with it, I gassed up the magazines and I noticed that it seems possible to "over fill" them. Now, usually they're fine and work OK, however yesterday I took one shot from the magazine and got a big 'POOMF' of gas. This lead to the blowback chamber frosting and me having to wait for it to warm up again (only about 30 seconds or so). I've only had this happen twice and I've put quite a few mags through the pistol.

Thinking about It, it could also be to do with the release valves because they've been awful since I bought the gun. They could just be releasing too much gas on that first shot and freezing up the chamber.

Once again, I'll be messing about with it. I'm also pretty tempted to start up my own thread on this because I feel I may have hijacked it slightly. :P

Sounds logical. I went through all of the mags again last night and they all fired fine, I've not had a chance to look at the barrel yet but I can see that the bucking isn't straight. I'm still amazed at how many shots you can get out of one fill of gas! The mags do just keep going.