AUG mags in Condor kangaroo pouches

Jibbity

Thanks for the response. I think that is good news, as I went ahead and ordered the kangaroos. I tried other player's shingles (95% sure they were condor) and they were just too snug, perhaps they have gotten fatter. I have been using surplus triple pouches with the snaps on top. They work great for AUG mags, but I can only find them in woodland or desert. I think flyye has a version of them, but I wanted the combined pistol mag space.

I will post up once it shows up.

Definitely excited to see your setup. I feel like us AUG users are few and far between, and I like to see how other people deal with having awkward mags.

The only thing I've had a problem with is the pointy piece that sticks out on the back of the AUG mag sometimes gets snagged on the pouch when I'm drawing. I've worn the pouches down enough that that's not a problem now, though.

Flyye makes pouches that look just like the surplus ones I use, but who knows if they have the same interior dimensions. If they are, they would be a great option for AUG mags, roomy enough for easy in and out, but no danger of the mags falling out with the snaps open.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/Flyye_MOLLE_V_II_Triple_Magazine_Pouch_OD_p/fy-ph-m019-od.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got these in the mail and they are pretty much a perfect fit. Tight enough that the won't escape without hold downs and loose eniugh to offer very little resistance during mag changes. They are a bit tough (requires been th hands) to get the mags inserted in a speedy fashion, but they come out just fine. I will post a pic when I get the pouch on my MAV.

I can also confirm that the pouches I have been using are a bit too loose, at least on a belt rig. Ejected two mags while running for cover last night. I never had a problem on my MAV though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to post this in someone else's thread, but I'm a new user to the AUG weapon system and I love it. I've got seven, King Arms 110 round mid cap AUG mags, and I too am having problems finding mag pouches in Coyote Tan that will fit two AUG magazines per pouch, and allow me to carry a total of 8 magazines like the M16 users can.

I'm thinking that the Northstar magazine pouches for the AK, in the link below will be my best bet for being able to fit to two AUG magazines per pouch, for a total of eight magazines, if I buy two of the pouches in the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BE3P4E/ref=asc_df_B004BE3P4E2336232?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=dealt631549-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B004BE3P4E

Archived