• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sold my TM and KJW 226s once I got my first WE

Link: http://www.acmgear.com/p226-rail-version-gbbp-black-p-2755.html Length: about 20 cm Weight (w/ mag): about 900 gr   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcB0iPgDZhU&feature=plcp   The Sig Sa

Bought myself a 226 E2. Lovely pistol really pleased with it but be warned it will not fit a official blackhawk serpa. Compared it to my mates tm version and the slide is larger and squarer in shape.

• 1 month later...

What would you guys all say about the durability of these? I'm still trying to decide on my next pistol and Im really liking the non railed P226. Are these relatively durable? or are they basically parts guns? Ive read a few reports of parts breaking but I know that will happen with anything mass produced. Im just curious as to how theyve held up over time.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Have one of these beauty's. Full metal, realistic blueing. Can't get better for the money. Bee kept well mainted and throughly cleaned every suday. Only two things I have to complain about, no trades on the slide, only on the ejection port ! and secondly doesnt fit my replica blackhawk cqc, but getting a Kydex holster made for it. Anyone got any tips for upgrading it ?

Only two things I have to complain about, no trades on the slide, only on the ejection port !

Just a small point but the ejection port is the hole in the slide, the trades are on the barrel / chamber hood. I'm not taking the but there's to many of these misnaming of things becoming widely excepted when there just wrong. Like top slide, its a slide not top slide, the lower is the frame not lower slide!

Right, rant over i'll get my coat. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Not had a TM 226, but I prefer my WE over the KJW for sure. I do still believe though that the KJW is the better work-horse and long-lived. But overall package out of the box the WE is nicer.

Talking about WE F228, HK (WE) P226 and KJW P229R, FYI.

Edited by NonEx
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the grave a bit.

Just got my WE 226.

Compared to my old KJW, I like the paint a lot better, and there is no rattle between the slide and frame.

Got 3 mags, so far all of them gas tight. 

Action is nice and smooth, now I have to wait until my next skirmish.

:)

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

I've had a WE P226 for a while now and I thought I'd save you all the trouble...don't bother!

I bought it because the finish on it looked better than any other 226 out there, and the shop (Mad Badger Airsoft) told me it had full engraved trades, which it didn't! Instead it had some cheap-looking laser etched markings and a weird QR barcode on it, but that's another story.

My main issue with it is that after only ~250 rounds through it, the hammer assembly has completely disintegrated! The hammer, sear, valve knocker and housing have all either worn down or snapped! After extensive internet searches I can't find anywhere that stocks replacement parts, and I'm still waiting to hear back from WE.

The other issues are leaky mags and the finish rubbing off really easily, just from taking it in & out of the holster.

This really is a shame when you consider their excellent GBB rifles. Needless to say I won't be buying another WE pistol, and would strongly advise you all to do the same.

Jim

Yeah, I though about taking it back but it's been over a year since I bought it and I doubt they would believe that it happened after only 250 rounds. It would just be my word against theirs. Plus, I had to take it apart to see what was wrong so I've probably invalidated the warranty.

I forgot to mention in my last post that the de-cocking lever actually causes the gun to fire which is a great safety feature...!

Same on the KJW version if you do more than just flick it. If had been more than a year, i doubt any store would have taken it back. Never saw the point in decockers on airsoft pistols. If you want to make it safe then remove the mag. if you are in game it should be cocked, loaded and ready to fire.

Edited by LordElpus

By the way guys, the WE P226/228/229 all have the same curvature on the top of the slide. This is incorrect.

The real 226/228 has a more pronounced curvature than the 229, which has a more 'boxy' slide. WE seem to have used the same extrusion mold for their sig line, so the WE 226/228 all have a boxy 229 style slide.

Hence the trouble fitting the WE 226 into holsters.

I've given up on my WE P226, it just doesn't shoot as nicely as my KJW does. The only thing it has over the KJW is the slide is lighter than the KJW (despite being thicker...) and it more reliably locks back if I rapid fire a mag.

Same on the KJW version if you do more than just flick it. If had been more than a year, i doubt any store would have taken it back. Never saw the point in decockers on airsoft pistols. If you want to make it safe then remove the mag. if you are in game it should be cocked, loaded and ready to fire.

I like the de-cocking function for a couple of reasons.  Firstly realism, but also the thumbreak in my holster wont secure the pistol properly if the hammer is cocked.

Has anyone taken the KJW 226 apart? What are the trigger/hammer internals made of?  The ones on my KJ glock look and feel like steel, but I doubt they are.

The trigger/hammer assembly on the KJW is made of metal, but it's not steel. It's pretty hard wearing though, I've run a lot of rounds through it and no issues so far.

The WE trigger/hammer assembly is made of some sort of pot metal but is much lighter than the kjw/TM parts.

• 1 month later...

I have both a KJW 226 and a WE 226. I much prefer my KJW simply because the decocking lever on mine doesn't cause the gun to fire.

On my WE 226, simply pressing down on the hammer will cause it to release gas.

I'm in the process of taking everything apart to figure out what makes them different from each other. Knowing these differences might help me sort the WE out.

Also, the WE has a craptastic spring guide that has already broken.

My KJW is still going strong though it broke its valve knocker. This, however, is known to happen to all 3 brands that run this gun.