• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sold my TM and KJW 226s once I got my first WE

Link: http://www.acmgear.com/p226-rail-version-gbbp-black-p-2755.html Length: about 20 cm Weight (w/ mag): about 900 gr   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcB0iPgDZhU&feature=plcp   The Sig Sa

Bought myself a 226 E2. Lovely pistol really pleased with it but be warned it will not fit a official blackhawk serpa. Compared it to my mates tm version and the slide is larger and squarer in shape.

Replaced the valve knocker on my KJW and it's working just as well as it used to.

Resisting the temptation to go and buy KJW parts to replace the WE internals, keeping only the WE frame and slide.

Do you know if the KJW parts will fit the WE then?

• 1 month later...

I agree with Jayrod. I've owned half a dozen WE pistols myself, and used them in muddy, cold (0C), wet environment, and they performed outstandingly when my other GBB brands fail (those that starts with "K").

They are not perfect by any means, like the dimension is a tad off compare to the RS, the paint chips easily, but if I can put 5cm grouping at 5 meter, and 10cm grouping at 10 meter standing.. I can't ask more from a relatively cheap pistol. Poor-collector's guns I would say, and I don't know about IPSC, but they are more than good enough for skirmish. 

Longevity wise, I've put thousands of rounds in each of them and I handle my guns like they are RS, they just won't quit. *knock-on-wood* None of those cracked slide stories. 

And I personally own this WE (HK3P) P226. Though it ###### me off for having the wrong slide dimension, body feels a little fat, and the trades are a bit too deep compare to the RS.. I'm very happy with the feel of its recoil, accuracy, and its overall feels. It kicks harder than any of the KSC, KWA, KJW P226 I've owned.

I'm looking for a good kydex holster that would fit this gun. Anybody knows?

Edited by thepunisher
  • 1 month later...

I have a WE 228, fired nearly 1000rnds from it,

Mags leaked from around the fill valve out of the box. fixed with an AEG shim behind the O-ring.

I haven't had the usual problems I see from the P226 yet; broken barrel lock, broken spring guide, broken hammer/trigger/striker assembly. etc.  The P228 seems to be humming along well.

I do like it for these reasons:

- Kicks good

- Heavy hammer like a real steel

- Gas efficient and good for cold weather.

- Fits P226 Serpa Holsters

4 gripes I do have:

- Grip is not real steel size or curvature.  Simple fix was to install a KJW P229 grips which are closer to the RS fit.

- Lightweight, its 100g off the real steel.

- Power is low, though as expected from a Marui system with a 4" barrel.

- Accuracy - Lack thereof

This is probably the really annoying thing.  It would consistently shoot to the left and down, and the groupings at 5m were 6cm, though it shot left and down by almost 4cm.  The inner barrel wasn't held in good fitting by the barrel (it wasn't as bad as a KJW P229 which had the inner barrel rattling around inside the out barrel).  On top of this, the hop didn't work at distance, until I changed hop rubber. 

Basically I had a WaShan M1934 Pocket Beretta shoot more accurately than the WE P228.

I filed the inside of the outer barrel up and to the right, and then enlarged the opening with a 10mm drill, then fitted/glued a brass AEG barrel bushing in place.  1cm groups at 5m is now possible. 

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just some dremelling and sanding basically.

If you are somewhat handy with tools and patient it shouldn't be a problem.

I just made the RS grips look and fit like the stock ones by eye and modding. So can't give more details than that.

Hope that makes sense.

Think I had to enlarge the screw holes somewhat as well.

Had my WE p226 since over two years and fired around 3k rnds.

No problems with it so far.

Have hogue grips on it, but had to mod around the holes where the screws go.

Dremelling and sanding like Nonex wrote.

Awesome for gun for CQB.

Only thing i don't like with it is that it is bigger than the real version and that it consumes alot of gas during Winter. ( below 0C)

Had my WE p226 since over two years and fired around 3k rnds.

No problems with it so far.

Have hogue grips on it, but had to mod around the holes where the screws go.

Dremelling and sanding like Nonex wrote.

Awesome for gun for CQB.

Only thing i don't like with it is that it is bigger than the real version and that it consumes alot of gas during Winter. ( below 0C)

Well I suppose I'll be fine then. It's so hot here in Texas that 20C feels chilly.

Just some dremelling and sanding basically.

If you are somewhat handy with tools and patient it shouldn't be a problem.

I just made the RS grips look and fit like the stock ones by eye and modding. So can't give more details than that.

Hope that makes sense.

Think I had to enlarge the screw holes somewhat as well.

Just did my second 22X last week for Hogue grips. And yes, you need to remove material around the back of the screw hole on the grips. And if you install the Hogue screws you need to drill and tap the frame as they are larger than the stock WE. On my 228 I had to remove some material in the grip by the main spring housing to get the grip to close up in the back.

• Like 1

Goodness. Nonex, you make me green with envy. :D  Can't wait. I ordered some rosewood grips. Only problem I have right now is mags leaking from the gas route bucking. I'm soaking them in oil right now to expand them. That should fix the problem. Either that or I need a new gas release valve and maybe some new o-rings just in case.

I've heard that the WE P226 has a habit of releasing gas when you use the hammer drop/safety and just let the hammer fall to rest position. Does this actually happen?

I have a spare set of TM P226 grip panels and I was wondering if anyone knows if they can be used on the WE?

Same happens on mine. No matter how light I drop the hammer, seems like there's so much tension on the valve knocker that it doesn't get pressed back a bit when it contacts the release valve. That or the there's not enough pressure on the gas valve to stop the knocker from pressing it.

Update on my mags. None of the issues were the cause of my mags leaking. Turns out, that after playing with the gun for a while, the c-clip on the gas release valve was hit in keep my valve ever so slightly open. The question now is whether removing that c-clip, will anything happen. What's the purpose of it anyways?