Well if the problem occurs again, I'll just switch to a TM style release valve. Rather than having the plunger held in by a c-clip, it's just a bulb. I tried this on of my mag and it helps with the decocking issue as well. No more gas released upon dropping the hammer. That or I'm just lucky and it's something else.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I sold my TM and KJW 226s once I got my first WE

Link: http://www.acmgear.com/p226-rail-version-gbbp-black-p-2755.html Length: about 20 cm Weight (w/ mag): about 900 gr   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcB0iPgDZhU&feature=plcp   The Sig Sa

Bought myself a 226 E2. Lovely pistol really pleased with it but be warned it will not fit a official blackhawk serpa. Compared it to my mates tm version and the slide is larger and squarer in shape.

I think WE valves and TM valves are different spec to accomodate the metal and green gas use in WE vs. the plastic and recommended 134a gas in TM, so you might get less performance with TM valves.

Yea. I noticed that the holes on the output valve for the TMs was slightly smaller. It's fine though. It brings me about 290 fps and lets me shoot 3 full mags with lock back. Recoil stayed the same though. I made sure I wasn't losing any compression by shimming the gas route bucking. All is good now. No leaks and better efficiency. Couldn't be happier right now.

WE's pistol have been pretty good year round. Quite positive it can perform at low temps. If the G18c can still full auto dump a standard mag with slide lock and another mags worth of shots, there's no reason why the P226 can't.

But where in the US are you?

Average UK temps can vary in winter and I have seen many, many full metal pistols fail to keep up, even on CO2. Hell even some light slide plastic pistols like the TM Detonics struggle sometimes over here.

What is the gas efficiency like in low temps, can it get a full magazine out or do you just have to load fewer pellets? I'm assuming the gas reservoir is quite large.

Using Green you should be fine for most of the year if not all of it. If you plan to use it either indoors or as a holster filler that gets the odd shot off here and there then that should be fine but I wouldn't go trying to run it in 0 degrees outdoors as a primary.

'FireKnife'

Well, I'm in Houston, Texas, so the lowest we get around here is about around 0C. But our winter seems to only last for a month. :P I forgot that gas efficiency would be different for you guys since you'll have different atmospheric conditions. Here I get more humidity and am located fairly close to the equator. Barometric pressure here is also little higher, my efficiency should improve a bit more since gases go from high to low pressure, but since it's already high gas won't be so willingly to leave the mag. Silly me.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm having issue with this gun going off accidentally when I decock the hammer too fast or even simply nudging the hammer down when it's decocked. I read in a forum somewhere that a few internal parts are getting worn down which cause the ND, and I read that TM replacement parts fits perfectly. Going to disassemble my p226 and see if the tale is true.

I'm having issue with this gun going off accidentally when I decock the hammer too fast or even simply nudging the hammer down when it's decocked. I read in a forum somewhere that a few internal parts are getting worn down which cause the ND, and I read that TM replacement parts fits perfectly. Going to disassemble my p226 and see if the tale is true.

This is a very common problem with the WE p226, I had the same problem with both of my we p226, and they were new.

I sold both and bought a TM p226 with a PGC body. Best decision I ever made:)

Would be interesting to hear if you can fix that problem with the TM parts...

This is a very common problem with the WE p226, I had the same problem with both of my we p226, and they were new.

Then it's prolly more of a design flaw than a crappy build quality. It's not easy to find TM p226 parts in my country, and imports of gun-related parts are super restricted. It'll be easier just to sell the gun and get a TM P226, and that's what I'll do. Path of least resistance I guess.

The Pre E1 version of KJW's P226 had the same issue.