L96 to SV98 conversion

Murdoc

Next projetct:

SV98:

img_28_30364_0.jpg

I already have:

-Base gun: Well L96/JG BAR10 hybrid

th_DSCF1345.jpg

-russian sling(not exactly a rifle sling, soo needs some mods)

-Leupold M1 replica non-illuminated rifle scope(with high rings)

At first step I'll make the stock, the adjustable cheek piece, fake mag from PVC.

The other parts(adjustable stock end, rear/front iron sights will come later). I'll never make bipods, and silencer!!!

So I started today(this time three layers of laminated beech wood, the process is similar to my chopped M14, and AK63 projects):

th_DSCF1380.jpg

Thanx Mc Duck! Haven't noticed that version(one small-one big hole in the stock plus thumbhole)! (Soo many versions are an other reason not to make bipods...).

Do russians have detailed photos about the RS magazine(they would be welcome)??? :D

Base gun(Well L96) was 20 USD, so can't be cheaper...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes:

-on arnies one before(non laminated, not green-but that's why "2nd edition")

-on red alliance one too(as I remember all plastic, camo painted), both of the first two using VSR/BAR base gun.

-Mc Duck here made at least 3 stocks(not sure airsoft? air gun? RS gun?)

My base gun was 22USD, TM 325USD+shipping+duty fees+etc. and still far from L96...

• 9 months later...

At the finish line:
DSCF2017_zps88a31764.jpg
It has less "dots" on the rought surface at the thumbhole, but I'm scarried that the plywood will fall out between the tiny "craters", so I think I don't make mor dots there...

The other great dilemma... that "ugly-blueish" green looks  :shocked:  so I think the right one will be the final (the double resin layer will darken it)...

DSCF2004_zpsa9f7e337.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived