emp3ror86

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't we have this two years ago with the VFC MP5? It looked good, we all put faith in it working then it cost £400 and actually did no better than a WE?

Hopefully this will shot lower FPS, not cost a bomb and be better, but that is very wishful thinking if VFC is anything to go by. :(

'FireKnife'

Its VFC it will look and feel like the real steel but fire like a £10 springer from a market stool.

The MP5 was the same, sucked balls and people still cant get them working well.

Wait for someone else, anyone else to make one. Even AGM would be better.

Lol my thoughts exactly! I really hope they've learned from their MP5, the issues with it were pretty glaring, even a manufacturer with their head buried deep in the customer feedback sand can't have failed to to notice them.

Then again, this is airsoft. I'm not holding out too much hope.

Tis a shame. I really don't want to have to buy another AEG, but if this sucks the G&G is calling.

I think the likelihood is this'll be the Mp5 all over again; Almost impossible to differentiate between the Airsoft and R/S, but unlike the R/S, the airsoft version will be basically useless. I reckon the best we can all hope for is VFC using an internal system that's easy for an aftermarket manufacturer to make functional.

Did their MP5 suffer from reliability problems or something? I just recall most of their GBBR series using weaker zinc alloy parts.

In my opinion, no less than any other GBBR. It's mostly in the magazine and the bolt carrier/loading nozzle components. With a few minor upgrades, those areas can be fixed. Unfortunately, the magazine is a different story as they're very poorly designed and assembled. So without a good magazine, the entire thing becomes a paper weight.

In my opinion, no less than any other GBBR. It's mostly in the magazine and the bolt carrier/loading nozzle components. With a few minor upgrades, those areas can be fixed. Unfortunately, the magazine is a different story as they're very poorly designed and assembled. So without a good magazine, the entire thing becomes a paper weight.

Completely agree, I've upgraded my VFC mp5 as much as I could, pretty much installing any third party upgrade that exist, however, it's my magazines that have all failed, and with its dodgy pin system, they are an absolutely nightmare to fix compared to WE screw based magazine, let's just hope companies like RA-Tech or Angry Gun would start producing magazines for the VFC mp5s.. despite my disappointment, I'm probably still going to end up with one of these...

I had the MP5 too. Considering my £150 WE G36 laster 15,000 rounds before issues, another G36 lasting 17K, my £130 WE PDW which has last 6,000 so far. All 3 fire(d) pefectly, emptied a full magazine on full auto and shot around 150ft accuratly out the box (hop rubber & TB pushed it to 175ft)

When the MP5 cost £400 and would not fire more than 30ft and would not empty a magazine on semi or full auto, not due to gas but just simply would not feed properly. Then with the various upgrades managed to fire half a mag, then vent or shatter rounds. Personally I found it outrageous considering the price especially seeing as you have to spend a further £100 - £150 in upgrades to get it as reliable as a dodgy ACM gas rifle built from parts in a shed.

This is why I will never ever buy anything VFC ever again and will advise all to stay away from them, unless something massive changes.

A few people have said 'Ive upgraded everything on my MP5 and now it work really well.... Except for the magazines and the hop' etc.. Though they are probably 2 of the most important things in the GBBR world!

Personally I feel that while VFC are good, dare I say exellent at creating bang on replicas externally and internally they go to far. From what I have seen in their gas rifles they mimic the real steel internals and jerry-rig it to work in airsoft. Which it just does not. WA/G&P/WE (maybe even TM soon) have their own various systems which do work in varying degrees on reliabillity and performance though none the less each one, well works... Out the box anyway with issues only occuring after thousands of rounds. It would'nt annoy me so much if the VFC GBBRs where not so violently expensive for what they are.

Its like buying a Ferrari 358 and finding out it actually has a Nissan Micra engine and after driving home the wheels fall off.

Though there is still a chance, however slim, that VFC learnt from their mistakes with their previous models and created a reliable GBBR system. Now if they did they would be top dog.

Not just the GBB world, if the magazine doesn't work for any gun it's completely useless.

...you have to spend a further £100 - £150 in upgrades to get it as reliable as a dodgy ACM gas rifle built from parts in a shed.

The only part that I changed is a $20 reinforced loading nozzle, $7 set of bolt stops, and a shortened buffer (which doesn't cost anything). It also appeared that my stock MP5 was drastically different than yours. That said, my stock Marui P226E2 (about $170) outperforms it and is a thousand times more reliable than my VFC Mp5.

We should reserve judgment until it actually gets released - but if it's anything like their MP5 effort, it's another failure.

To be fair, I have a Gen 1 VFC M4 and I still think its the best AR15 GBBR. Though I swapped out the bolt to a 416 bolt, added a steel one piece outer barrel, steel trigger set, AR15 heavy carbine buffer, tightbore and new hop rubber. Shoots well and at 40m/130ft its as accurate as a CAR15 firing 55gr. So I am pleased. It does work rather well.

Archived