Moscarts - largest gas capacity?

Tinkerton

Hi all. After finally finding some suitable pipe to make a 40mm launcher with, and being tempted by the idea of firing small plush toys from it, i've decided to try and find moscart shells with the largest gas capacity, in order to launch said toy as far as possible.

I would imagine that the shells with large BB quantitys (the 200 round ones) would have a large gas reservoir than a 60 round one, but i could be wrong.

What about the 'paintball' shells, with the central area which you fill with bb's / paintballs / flour, etc? (like the madbull PB04)? Does anyone know how they compare to a 'normal' shell?

Failing that, would a small co2 shell launch further / faster than a large propane shell?

Thanks,

Tink

Second on the Madbull PB04. I fired a really old golf ball (all the new ones are 42mm) over 250 meters with one of those charged with CO2 a little while ago.

There are also really good S-Thunder grenades of the same type.

Finally, if you are interested in shooting things out of a pipe:

Nerf mini finned american footballs are too big but if you force them in there they make a hell of a seal and fly a long way.

A standard red spot squash ball has an outer diameter of 39.5mm, goes like the clappers.

Please remember that even though a TLSFX thermobaric is just asking for it with an outer diameter of 38mm - it is very illegal indeed to launch pyro from a 40mm.

Hmm, CO2 appears to be the way to go, then.

Having looked around, i can see three choices for me, really, the madbull PB04 http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/shell-cartridge-type/40mm-cartridge/madbull-pb4-co2-capable-4rds-paintball-shell-0-68-inch.html

the S-thunder pb04 clone: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/shell-cartridge-type/40mm-cartridge/s-thunder-paintball-bb-40mm-gas-grenade-red.html

or an 'army force' CO2 moscart: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/shell-cartridge-type/40mm-cartridge/army-force-84rd-m203-short-cartridge-shell-40mm-co2.html

Madbull pros:

madbull,

large gas capacity

reliable

paintball style

cons:

price

no plugs for the end

S-thunder proos:

Large gas capacity,

paintball style,

cheaper

comes with plugs for the end

cons:

not a 'well known' brand

perhaps less reliable?

Army force pros:

price,

c02

cons:

unheard of,

'standard' style

So, bearing in mind that i've still to buy a CO2 charger (which would people recommend?) and the CO2 itself, what would you go for?

Bear in mine i'm after 6 shells to start with, working my way up to more. (the vietnam M79 bandoleer i've got holds 6 shells)

Acmgear.com have loads of grenades really cheap.

I think airsoftworld.net have CO2 chargers in stock, they have loads of s-thunder gear. One that runs off the larger cartridges might end up a false economy considering the bulk price of the standard 12g cartridges, but I've not looked at it for a while.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance covers them to be used "according to the manufacturers instructions" as I doubt ANY insurance company would insure an item to be used in a manner other than instructed.

Archived