Land Warrior Airsoft Review

Retailer: Land Warrior Airsoft

Product/service purchased: ICS L85A2

Date: 30/07/2012

Details: I had been wanting an SA80 for ages and finally decided to get one and everywhere else was out of stock apart from LWA so I got it from them paid for 24 hour TNT delivery it came to £332 total, got it though charged up my batteries and took it into the garden for the usual lets put some rounds through it to see if it works! well it did for the first 150rds then it died :nosleep: so I phoned up LWA and said the usual just bought it etc. tested it, died after 150rd... they told me oh well not our problem and put the phone down tried three times more and they still wont do anything even though all I had done was connect a battery and shoot it, so I did some of my own testing and found out there was a fault somewhere with the stock wiring (ICS use really cheap thin wiring seen better on Chinese Clones) and I tested with 3 different types of batteries 8.4v Nimh, 9.6v Nimh and a 7.4 Lipo and nothing, but where the wiring harness is a really weird set up I am now having to send it off to the technician at Firesupport to sort it out for me and re wire it to a better wire that wont break for which they have quoted me about £35 - £40 to do.

Rating: in this purchase 2/10

Would you use them again/recommend them: No - Normally I have no problem with LWA I have ordered loads of parts off them in the past and they have been really good, but after giving me a £332 piece of scrap and the customer service I have received over it I don't recommend them.

I’m sorry to hear about your problems with LWA, you do have certain rights as a consumer but these pretty much disappear when you send it off for repair to a third party. Have a look at citizens advice they have an excellent guide about consumer rights.

Haha we said not our problem and hung up? Sorry I'm going to go out on a limb and cry ######. No one here remembers you calling and definitely no one has ever been hung up on.

18 month warranty, send it back with the receipt and outline the problem and you'll have it back normally in a couple of days. It's the same for all our customers. If it needs rewired it'll be done for free under warranty.

Even if you run over your rifle we'd still have a look at fixing it, it would just cost you and not be covered under warranty. For any of our failings, being a bit slow with an order or email, forgetting to call you back, sending the wrong item, being Scottish..... we would never say not our problem and hang up. It doesn't make any sense if it is warranty ICS would cover it (as it is a ICS L85 A2), if it wasn't warranty (like you say with the 11.1v lipo scenario) we would charge a small amount to run some new wire. Neither is a really big deal for us as this is what we do every single day.

I call *badger*s. Land Warrior have always been 100% quality with me, and that includes a month where the same gun I got them to service broke twice and they sorted it out quickly and cheaply.

Can't recommend them enough and I wouldn't trust this OP as far as I could throw him. As they've said, it makes no sense for them not to repair something under warranty.

I never said I emailed and I did call on the 3rd of August when it happened and spoke to someone called Josh and to be honest I take offence to you accusing me of lying I don't roll like that full stop if I liked lying I would play paintball not airsoft, and this was my first post because I got recommended to copy the review over to here by a friend.

I just did it to inform not to start an argument, I just said an honest review of what happened to me and if you choose to believe that or not its your problem and like I said at the bottom of my original post I have never had a problem with LWA before they have been pretty good when I've ordered parts and stuff but this time I have had a problem and no I didn't do anything stupid to the rifle like plugging in an 11.1 lipo or messing with it etc. I wouldn't do that to a brand new rifle all I did was plug in a normal 8.4v mini then when it died I tried a 9.6v then a lipo and nothing.

I called this number (got from LWA site) : 0131 654 2452

Edited by sa801000

So when you politely informed them the gun had failed to work properly after you'd connected a battery and fired a few rounds, their immediate response was 'Not our problem' and slamming the phone down on you? From the retailer with almost certainly the best reputation for customer service in the entirity of the UK?

Yes it was and that's what surprised me the most because their rep is so good because at the end of the day if I thought they were rubbish I wouldn't have bought a £300+ rifle off them I would have gone somewhere else with my money

Edited by sa801000

Well when I called he said his name was Josh I cant mind read whether its his real name or not but he answered the phone Land Warrior Airsoft and I called the number that was on the LWA site?

I would like to say judging from the way you replied clanfalcon it doesn't sound like an everyday thing which is good because with our sport we need retailers that are decent and reliable and as a said at the bottom of my original post I have had good service off your before and I wouldn't put a review about a retailer on an open forum unless it had happened to me I'm not like that.

Apologies for taking a while to reply.

To check if that is the case Ill have a look on the call logger BT have to check if I did call the correct number or not, but if I did call the wrong number someone answered it Land Warrior Airsoft Josh speaking (in a Scottish accent) which I took in good stead because I cant physically see that person and I know LWA is based in Dalkeith and if it turns out to be an error on my part (which I will admit if I have once I've looked) someone is answering their phone as your company and causing these problems.

+1 for good experience from LWA.

Placed an order and continued browsing, saw some more goodies to add - and quickly rushed to call before the dispatch time for next day. All sorted before being sent out and the invoice correctly updated and charged, all hasslefree.

Many thanks!