SR3M mod prep

Stinky

I am going to try and do a very accurate version of this Russian 9x39 submachine gun. I have seen an AEG of this out of Russia, but I consider it a bit too home made looking, not as realistic as I would like it to be.

One issue it has is the barrel is far to high in the receiver. They used a v3 with I think an AK cylinder head and hop unit, mine will use a low mounted nozzle and modified v3 tappet and short feed tube AK hop unit to lower the barrel to as close to real as possible.

I am going to try and design a mod process where I cut away the trigger housing on the v3 mechbox to get the proper clearance and make a new trigger that is mounted to the receiver. This could be hard to do, and could be a disaster, but it could work and be awesome.

I have done some prep work, finding measurements through a collage of images scaled to be as close to accurate as possible by zooming in to the pixels in photoshop.

sr-3m_9x39mm_submachine_gun_tsniitochmash_russia_with_scale_KH2012-2.jpg

This is also helping me make some 9x39 mags for my PDK-12 project. Feel free to use the image to help mod any of the 9x39 family of Russian weapons.

It appears the new trigger will be somewhat easier in that this weapon has the semi and auto on a different lever inside the trigger housing, probably simulate that but make it full auto only or use a mosfet with fire control to get that function. Would like a mosfet burst package with single and full auto control running off a second switching channel, if I were to try and make that lever functional. how hard is that? I can solder QUICK (minimal heat) but other then that need specific instructions to make electronics. It may be that I find a somewhat easy way to keep the cutoff function on the selector plate with the new trigger a mechanical link, but I sort of doubt it.

The mags will probably have to feed from the very front, its a pretty short receiver for a v3.

Wish me luck!

Archived