mags seam OK. they like to belch liquid gas because of the fast ROF on FA, but i use mostly semi. the construction of the mags is OK, not as solid as a WA/WE/KWA/KJW style mag, but looks like it will hold up. it appears to be made with the same magazine shell as G&Gs regular high caps, so its a rather thin sheet metal. on design, its really easy to load, easier than even an AEG mag. just bung the speed loader up to it and it just fills right up. only downside is if you insert the mag at the wrong angle, you can dump some gas accidentally as the valve protrudes from the mag a lot. but that's a training issue, it wouldn't be too hard to avoid doing so.

PS, im still trying to sell mine. trying to get myself away from GIM GBBs. any good offer will take it.

The Mags are actually made with a much lower grade of steel than G&G's regular HiCaps which are much more sturdy. The Mags are currently made for G&G under contract by GHK, but G&G tell us that they'll be making them themselves soon.

If you're having gas-venting issues on Full-Auto, it's entirely possible that your Upper-Gas-Assembly needs regreasing, I've found that a correctly greased one of these is fine for bursts of Full-Auto of up to ten rounds without issue.

mags seam OK. they like to belch liquid gas because of the fast ROF on FA, but i use mostly semi. the construction of the mags is OK, not as solid as a WA/WE/KWA/KJW style mag, but looks like it will hold up. it appears to be made with the same magazine shell as G&Gs regular high caps, so its a rather thin sheet metal. on design, its really easy to load, easier than even an AEG mag. just bung the speed loader up to it and it just fills right up. only downside is if you insert the mag at the wrong angle, you can dump some gas accidentally as the valve protrudes from the mag a lot. but that's a training issue, it wouldn't be too hard to avoid doing so.

PS, im still trying to sell mine. trying to get myself away from GIM GBBs. any good offer will take it.

Do they still vent gas if you charge the bolt before you insert the mag? I know valve knockers in the forward position can cause issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up one of these from PAS last month and I'm happy with it. Re the maintenance, they do require oiling but it is a quick easy job (10 minutes). I have also had a few issues with mags not feeding but as I understand it they do need breaking in, also it's worth noting that you should not use the little tab ontop to empty them as it can come off leaving you with a £35 paperweight. Lastly I was told by the guys at PAS that you can reduce the fps by clipping a couple of coils from the recoil spring

Anyway, here's a quick pic of mine after I gave it a new paint job with Halfords camouflage paint

24A6BC96-6F8A-4D94-95BE-00AC5AE77FF9-165

So you guys are liking these? Want something a little different, but don't want to invest in the heap of money it costs to get some conventional gbbrs running good. This takes regular aeg parts? Has anybody tried to change the body on the gun, or actually put the box into a different gun? I heard that g&g is going to release the boxes separately so that current combat machine owners can put these into their guns. Might be worth trying, could be interesting if the boxes are cheap

Yeah, from my understanding they're just G&G's version of a drop-in GBBR gearbox that RA-Tech or someone else tried to develop. I think they cost $80-ish.

Personally though, since box + magazine would make it about 130 anyway, I'd just get a complete gun and build it as a dedicated GBBR.

The way I think of it, is the gas efficiency and fun of a gas SMG with the ergonomics of a rifle. They're quite nice for that purpose and priced right.

Cool. Might order one tonight if time persists, need to get that coupon. If I order tonight , it will come at 120 with free shipping:p. Might be nice to try something new , also like the price. Wouldn't buy one if i had to pay the conventional costs of a regular one. Really liking what I am seeing, might even try putting the box into my king arms m4:). If that works, ill have a metal gbbr with awesome externals and AEG compatible parts, and a shell for a dmr or cqb gun. Happy new years!

Cool. Might order one tonight if time persists, need to get that coupon. If I order tonight , it will come at 120 with free shipping:p. Might be nice to try something new , also like the price. Wouldn't buy one if i had to pay the conventional costs of a regular one. Really liking what I am seeing, might even try putting the box into my king arms m4:). If that works, ill have a metal gbbr with awesome externals and AEG compatible parts, and a shell for a dmr or cqb gun. Happy new years!

I'm not sure if they fit into all receivers - I'd see online if people have tried similar. Hope it goes well, and same to you.

Want something a little different, but don't want to invest in the heap of money it costs to get some conventional gbbrs running good.

That was what I thought too and as they were on offer at only £100 when I got mine I thought that even if it did turn out to be a sack of *suitcase* I could either just drop in a V2 gearbox or sell most of the body for parts

Also I forgot to put in my earlier post that despite the body being plastic and very light they still feel solid as a rock and with the heavier mag very well balanced

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cannonfodder,

How is this working out for you? accurate ? good range?

I had a look on PAS website and found these were listed in the clearance section!

I had been looking at picking up some G&P GBB PMAGs for my ACM GBB M4 (to finally use it to skirmish with!) but this looks a better bet all round for less money.

Jim

• 5 months later...

Has anyone managed to reduce the FPS on this rifle?  

I saw a review online and he stated that on hot days, this rifle also ran hot, over 370fps.

This would be too hot for some sites, but he said he didn't know of anyway to reduce the FPS.

Someone talked about snipping a few coils off the spring, but then the FPS would be low in the cold, you can't win.

Is there a way to actively change the FPS?

i have tried a lot of things to lower the FPS. the only way to be sure to do it is to install a more restrictive or less restrictive floating valve. 

i haven't seen any type of NPAS valve for it, so i wouldn't count on one to show up.

only other thing i can think of is to mix gases or just use duster on hot days.

• 2 weeks later...