WE SVD (Ace-VD) First Impressions.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE trolled players;

Even "collector" version with steel receiver will NOT have steel barrel; all other parts are same as aluminum receiver version(which means still many potmetal parts).

They are looking to release a "ultimate" edition.

Buy your own then, noone's paying Reppy to review it ;)

Some of the info i'm looking for is where and how to get my hands on one, but thanks for being a *beep* about it :)

Also, i'm asking, nicely, if anything, to keep this thread alive so others who are on the fence about getting one of those can make an informed decision.

As soon as i get mine i'll come here and post about it, its not an obligation for anyone, however, the more exposure the flaws in a gun get, the more likely they will be fixed.

More often then not, it's the combined experience and imagination of the posters that gets things sorted, and once in a while a small company or even a player will develop and marked a hassle free solution... Either way, the point is, we all win.

Some of the info i'm looking for is where and how to get my hands on one, but thanks for being a *beep* about it :)

I feel perhaps an error in communication has occured! The ;) was meant to suggest I wasn't really being hugely serious; Apologies if I came across as beepish! I should really have worded it along the lines of 'Quit prodding the guy, he'll come along and update it when he gets the chance as he always does with the WE rifle reviews!'. Either way, no hard feelings/offense intended, and hopefully none taken! :P

Still, back on topic, it's looking like most WE rifles so far; A little over-marketed, but generally skirmishable once you've gotten used to the system and figured out it's little foibles and quirks... Plus, being that I'm not a sucker for detail on AK's, it certainly looks like a nice enough SVD to me.

I feel perhaps an error in communication has occured! The ;) was meant to suggest I wasn't really being hugely serious; Apologies if I came across as beepish! I should really have worded it along the lines of 'Quit prodding the guy, he'll come along and update it when he gets the chance as he always does with the WE rifle reviews!'. Either way, no hard feelings/offense intended, and hopefully none taken! :P

You, Sir, have defeated me with niceness, a tip of the hat and a shake of the hand :)

Sorry, bit cranky today, i have been enduring a 40+º day, in fact, its still at 26º as of "00:14", the kind of weather that makes you consider using deodorant on your berries.

Back on topic, call me a fool, but i kind of dig the fact that you can turn a mediocre WE into a pretty solid shooter with a dremel and 80 quid's (always wanted to use that word...) worth of parts.

The flipside to that is that sometimes they screw up so bad, no amount of TLC will ever make a skirmishable gun out of it.

Plus, being that I'm not a sucker for detail on AK's, it certainly looks like a nice enough SVD to me.

I do not see how not caring about details on AK has anything to do with SVD...

Especially when this SVD cloned RealSword on externals; real problem is material. ...And that horrible overpriced wood.

Edited by adadqgg

You, Sir, have defeated me with niceness, a tip of the hat and a shake of the hand :)

Sorry, bit cranky today, i have been enduring a 40+º day, in fact, its still at 26º as of "00:14", the kind of weather that makes you consider using deodorant on your berries.

Back on topic, call me a fool, but i kind of dig the fact that you can turn a mediocre WE into a pretty solid shooter with a dremel and 80 quid's (always wanted to use that word...) worth of parts.

The flipside to that is that sometimes they screw up so bad, no amount of TLC will ever make a skirmishable gun out of it.

Heh, no problem dude, we've had a bit of a heatwave this past weekend so I know exactly what it can do to a man's crankyness levels! :P Plus it's always easy to misconstrue text when there's no tone of voice and the like, smileys can only go so far!

But yeah, definitely agreed... The WE G39 is by all accounts an excellent gun, and most of their guns require very little work for reliability, and there's of course the 1/3rd of a price of your average high-end GBBR. Nice that WE really do bother to make new models as well as just AR's 'n all :P

He means he's blissfully unaware of the minute details of Commie guns in general, probably. Visually, an SVD is a stretched out AK to us non-anoraks.

Exactly the above. SVD = Big pointy AK to me! ;)

hwagan, ShinSeiki, stop being nice to each other already, this is the internet for god sake!

This one would have been a better example

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTupa9DYtDkY5bWSbpBioqzwZ7CjCAyhvejnJdx768KExyYh9PbgVC1BmJrUA

Funny looking abomination

Reppyboyo, what did you replace the hopup rubber with? I ordered a longer spring for the trigger group from McMaster Carr here in the states and will replace the stock one as I've got the bolt lockback issue too. Actually I ordered several so could send you one as well in the post. I'm taking this thing out on Sunday to do a range and chrono test.

They did make the first one though, several years ahead of everyone else, with little prior experience of making a GBB... They even said that in their own video ;)

Yep,that's right but this is not the point..the original post was dealing with the quality of wood furniture,and I believe the G&P one is the best so far.

Edited by Desert.Express
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really do not wish to double post on this topic, but Evike just got this rifle in stock for $250 (US) and I am chomping-at-the-bit to pick this thing up... can anyone elaborate more on their experiences with this new platform?

Evike Link: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_48&products_id=39925

Edited by DRAGON64