ARMY News - Gas G36 and some other stuff

hwagan

Evening all,

Pretty sure I'd have remembered if anyone had posted it before as I'd call it pretty sweet news;

Firstly, I've just got my Army R29/National Match. I expected to have to do a few hours work tweaking parts, gutting it, cleaning it, etc. Ordered replacement springs, an AIP bucking and a few other likely failure spares - All for nothing. I'm getting 30 solid rounds out of all 3 gas tight Army mags at room temperature, shoots like a TM and is externally gorgeous. Army seem to have seriously upped their game. On top of all that, it features a replicated firing pin instead of the usual allen bolt. See here;

Firingpin.jpg

Anyhoo, enough of my swooning, itt came with a catalogue with some very interesting looking stuff...

Firstly, I'm assuming this to be a clone of the WE G39, perhaps the VFC, but I'd expect the WE personally:

R36.jpg

Secondly, A (sort of, few details are off such as the charging handle etc) Railed L85A2:

photo17.jpg

Thirdly, a very pretty two-tone Kimber Warrior;

photo19.jpg

And lastly, I'm not sure if Army making AK47's is new (They look like TM Clone AEG's), but this is the most hilarious thing I've ever read in any catalogue ever. It's a bit of a strong claim from Army, and I'd like to see their evidence for said claim. I'm certainly not sure if it is the world's first...

photo18.jpg

World's first mentally disabled Rapper was on ARMY AK47 box since they came out 6 or more years ago.

Army is great; you can find in streets of China.

Ahhh fair enough; Still, am I correct in thinking the rest is news? Gotta agree on the 'Army is great' part - Assuming nothing major breaks, I will never buy a TM 1911 ever again.

Well .. I didn't know these things so it is news to me. *gives Hwagan a 1911 shaped cookie*

Give a man a 1911 shaped cookie, he'll eat for a day. Give a man a set of 1911 cookie cutters he'll be set for life (unless he is me and useless at baking)!

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2011/12/caliber-cookie-cutter-sales-support-junior-shooters/

Is indeed good to see what ARMY is doing, really impressed with my recoil R43 that I've had for 18 months now but I wish they would sell spare parts! Some distributors have a few parts but that's it - guess it's all firmly underground in a bunker in China somewhere....

Any news on that WE G36 clone? That could be quite interesting, if the price is good and the performance is up to ARMY's fairly high standard.

Seeing as now you are in HK, you could go and look among the streets to find a place flogging them :P

Then report back on how good it is, could do with a G36c GBBR, but have not had much luck with the WE ones.

'FireKnife'

Haven't seen or heard anything over on my side of the Atlantic.

That being said, my ARMY gold MEU was a CQB beast, all it needed was a 150% recoil spring to tighten up the action.

Put a PDI 6.01 and purple hop-up rubber in her and she's ridiculously good for a pistol twice her price.

The grips on my Gold Cup are actually quite nice - They lack the weights though, so they're a bit flimsy and they do feel a little cheap, but I can live with that - They definitely look the part. I'm gonna pick up some wood grips once I find some I like enough, I reckon they'd really set it off. I was going to install a 5KU stainless delta hammer as well, but I'm not even sure if I'm gonna bother with that.

Still, I'm gonna give it a bit more of a testing this evening and I might try switching the rubbers just for the hell of it (Got an AIP and a TM to test), but basically, in out of the box stock form, after a basic field strip and clean, it's performing better than my old TEII was... It's almost scary.

I don't see the ARMY being better than the WE G36, it's probably the best rifle OOTB that I or my teammates have ever used. All it takes is a new hop up rubber, as the one it comes with ruins it. I would be interested in a greater availability of mags though...

Archived