ARMY News - Gas G36 and some other stuff

hwagan

I don't see the ARMY being better than the WE G36, it's probably the best rifle OOTB that I or my teammates have ever used. All it takes is a new hop up rubber, as the one it comes with ruins it. I would be interested in a greater availability of mags though...

Army always had a pretty decent record and their gbb pistols were just better than WE equivalents.

At least it says ARMY is good at cloning stuff.

To be fair, WE and ARMY haven't made an identical model to use as a baseline comparison.

However, the ARMY M1911/MEU clones are decidedly better than the WE efforts, though that's possibly down to the fact that WE went with their own hashed up hicapa blend, whilst ARMY did a 1:1 TM clone.

I had an ARMY Glock 17. Kicks superbly. High power, no leaks, accurate. It was better than a Marui G17 by a few miles. Then I bought 5 mags, of each, power output varies, kick varies and accuracy varies some good some bad. Then I tried standard Marui mags, they were consistently poor performing. Then a mate of mine bought another ARMY glock. The kick was total cr4p, all my mags were shooting cr4p. Sold it.

Then I bought an ARMY L85A1. Degreased, tuned up, fixed the blowback unit., did everything. Feels like the G&G, looks like the G&G, cycles better than the G&G. Shoots cr4p compared with the G&G. Changed inner barrel, and shot superbly. Then the trigger contacts started malfunctioning. Only running a 7.4v. So Took it apart, found the trigger contacts melted from the semi-auto fire.

So far: ARMY 2: Me 0

I had an ARMY Glock 17. Kicks superbly. High power, no leaks, accurate. It was better than a Marui G17 by a few miles. Then I bought 5 mags, of each, power output varies, kick varies and accuracy varies some good some bad. Then I tried standard Marui mags, they were consistently poor performing. Then a mate of mine bought another ARMY glock. The kick was total cr4p, all my mags were shooting cr4p. Sold it.

Then I bought an ARMY L85A1. Degreased, tuned up, fixed the blowback unit., did everything. Feels like the G&G, looks like the G&G, cycles better than the G&G. Shoots cr4p compared with the G&G. Changed inner barrel, and shot superbly. Then the trigger contacts started malfunctioning. Only running a 7.4v. So Took it apart, found the trigger contacts melted from the semi-auto fire.

So far: ARMY 2: Me 0

You know, we have a swear filter for a reason ;)

'FireKnife'

You trolled well my Padawan :D

Right..........

Anyway, i have had little issue with Army, hence why i am happy to buy their stuff, too bad WE have done nothing but dissapoint everytime though, hence why i just don't bother with them anymore. Though saying that it would be nice if they did a bit more in the way of options, they do seem quite a limited company with a few GBBRs, some 1911s and Glocks and an AEG or two.

'FireKnife'

ah but they do them WELL, and to me, that's what counts.

TM might take 15 bazillion years, 175 trade shows and 16 teaser pictures before they actually RELEASE a product, but you know it's gonna be perfect, ARMY seem to take a little more time and effort with their releases than most ACM companies and the result is top notch clones.

Very true, like i said it would be nice, but not essential. At least it is not like others that just mock up a model and knock it out without prior testing and hope for the best / possibly change stuff based on customer opinions.

Though maybe that is why they have so few models as they are the TM of the clone world, take a while to make sure it works when needed. :P

'FireKnife'

Right..........

Anyway, i have had little issue with Army, hence why i am happy to buy their stuff, too bad WE have done nothing but dissapoint everytime though, hence why i just don't bother with them anymore. Though saying that it would be nice if they did a bit more in the way of options, they do seem quite a limited company with a few GBBRs, some 1911s and Glocks and an AEG or two.

'FireKnife'

Are you kidding, they have one of the most diverse GBBR lineups of any single company - they have your usual M4s, an M16VN, SCARs, G36s, KAC PDW, AKs and now an SVD!

They also make a shitload of pistols, though the less said about those the better ;) Notwithstanding, 'options' is one thing you can't accuse WE of not giving you.

Their GBBRs usually aren't perfect out of the box, but can be made solidly skirmishable with a minimum of effort. Plus if their latest pistols are anything to go by they seem to be improving in that area too.

Are you kidding, they have one of the most diverse GBBR lineups of any single company - they have your usual M4s, an M16VN, SCARs, G36s, KAC PDW, AKs and now an SVD!

They also make a shitload of pistols, though the less said about those the better ;) Notwithstanding, 'options' is one thing you can't accuse WE of not giving you.

Their GBBRs usually aren't perfect out of the box, but can be made solidly skirmishable with a minimum of effort. Plus if their latest pistols are anything to go by they seem to be improving in that area too.

Yeah would have helped if i put ARMY before that statement. :P As for the WE guns, yeah they make a fair few but no matter how many you make if they don't work well out of the box what exactly is the point? I have even had a go on the new WE pistols and even the short try on them i had did not impress me one bit ;)

'FireKnife'

Yeah would have helped if i put ARMY before that statement. :P As for the WE guns, yeah they make a fair few but no matter how many you make if they don't work well out of the box what exactly is the point? I have even had a go on the new WE pistols and even the short try on them i had did not impress me one bit ;)

'FireKnife'

Dude, have you tried the XDM? I'm not WE's biggest fan, however the XDM is a very impressive GBB (it's just the mags that blow... literally!). I've not had to do anything to get it firing great, it's just better when you tweak it. It's even better than my old TM Glock 17 which was an awesome pistol.

Back to Army's stuff. Having been impressed with Hwagan's gold cup (sounds dodgy!) I'm extremely tempted to pick up one of their MEU's or a Kimber Warrior.

Dude, have you tried the XDM? I'm not WE's biggest fan, however the XDM is a very impressive GBB (it's just the mags that blow... literally!). I've not had to do anything to get it firing great, it's just better when you tweak it. It's even better than my old TM Glock 17 which was an awesome pistol.

Yeah i did, two weeks ago on a very sunny day running Green, it shot about 10cm higher than it should, it didn't finish the mag, even when full up, it performed badly in the cold as it did in the warm and it had all sorts of bad casting marks inside the slide, not great for what WE guns sell for. But that is just my experience, never ever held a good one, but have held about thee good ARMY pistols, easily.

'FireKnife'

Yeah i did, two weeks ago on a very sunny day running Green, it shot about 10cm higher than it should, it didn't finish the mag, even when full up, it performed badly in the cold as it did in the warm and it had all sorts of bad casting marks inside the slide, not great for what WE guns sell for. But that is just my experience, never ever held a good one, but have held about thee good ARMY pistols, easily.

'FireKnife'

Fair do's, mine definately over hop's .25's but the solution to that was to run it on .3's which give it some stonking range and accuracy. Mine is great on both warm and cold mags so not sure about that. Maybe I got lucky?

Gotta say FK, the one you handled was a lemon! Wild_XIII's cycles flawlessly for 2 mags on 134a in reasonable warmth; It's a demon of a thing. Seriously, it really and genuinely is. Finish on the slide comes off easy, but performance wise it's very, very impressive.

Sounds like it, but that just adds to the raft of WE lemons i have encountered. If it was one in a hundred fine, one in ten pushing it quite a bit, but if half the WE pistols you use break or don't function correctly would you go back to them? ;)

But then maybe you did Wild_XIII, i have just never ever had a good WE pistol or even seen a good WE pistol, just the reason why i don't like the WE pistols range.

'FireKnife'

I am going to wait for my Samurai Edge 92fs(oh **** adadqgg is getting a pistol, and made by italian nazi in polished leather coats???) to arrive before I further comment on WE's pistol quality.

Their 1911 was definitely **** but then again I never buy 1911.

Their 1911 was definitely **** but then again I never buy 1911.

Even capitalist pig-dog make good gun for kill nazi pig-dogs sometime... Is probably fine comrades go work in America for extra vodka ;)

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?21968-U.S.-M1911A1-Lend-Leased-to-Russia-during-WWII

http://www.sightm1911.com/1911Production.htm

Still, gotta say, unless they made serious improvements to the Samurai Edge, or unless it's coming out of HK3P, my WE M9 was a bit of a pants..

Even capitalist pig-dog make good gun for kill nazi pig-dogs sometime... Is probably fine comrades go work in America for extra vodka ;)

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?21968-U.S.-M1911A1-Lend-Leased-to-Russia-during-WWII

http://www.sightm1911.com/1911Production.htm

Still, gotta say, unless they made serious improvements to the Samurai Edge, or unless it's coming out of HK3P, my WE M9 was a bit of a pants..

Ok so maybe I can buy 1911 to kill nazi.

But I just bought Samurai Edge as display model; hopefully externals are at least of good quality, internals I can take some pictures for others to pick out if there is any improvements.

See that was the one thing I liked about my WE M9; Whilst the trades were frankly pants (which shouldn't be a problem on the edge), it felt very nice and the finish was smooth and rather nice. Just suffered IMMENSE cooldown and the hop was wonkier than a wonky wonkysaurus.

The Samurai Edge is great, just don't expect it to hold up if you run it on Green. Tried one and the the safety when, as in it snapped and the two sides of the ambi safety fell out, this was after it jammed itself open firing normally (not slide lock, literally jammed open).

Can't fault the externals though.

Still would rather ARMY did one.

'FireKnife'

• 9 months later...

Archived