Fonts not Displaying Correctly for User Names, Sigs, Buttons, etc.

I'm not sure if this is anything that you can fix, but I'm getting seriously message-up fonts for a lot of the forum sections, the topic "path" at the top of the page; people's user names; some Sig text; the text under people's avatar image on posts, some buttons; quoted text and so on.

I took a screenshot to show the issue - weird text is highlighted with red arrows (badly drawn in Paint) - click for larger version.

7810278946_366d7fc886_c.jpg

I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome if that makes any difference?

I'm using Chrome 21.0.1180.79 m (which tells me it is up to date) with Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 64-bit. I'm not aware of any add-ons or plugins that might affect the way fonts display. As you can see from the image, only some fonts are affected, not the main text on posts.

The fonts used to display without a problem, I've only noticed it in the last month or so (I'm not on here as much as I used to be, so it's not really something I've bothered about until now)

I'm at a bit of a loss, no other websites seem to be affected, only this one.

If I do what?

Could I reinstall the font? How do I know what font it is?

EDIT - Suddenly the fonts are all displaying correctly again. I haven't done anything as far as I know - I closed Chrome in between the two posts I've made today and rebooted my machine to install a new printer, but that's all.

I like to think I know a little bit about computers and suchlike, but I'm totally baffled.

Edited by Hedganian

Hmmm..... It's got to be something wrong with my browser or PC, I had the same display problem again when I loaded the "My Eye!" thread again today, but I closed the tab and navigated to the same thread from the forum home page and the font is displaying fine.

I'm completely confused.... :huh:

I'm using Chrome as well, but unfortunately I have no idea which version unfortunately... I'm finding an error when posting a new topic or a reply, that the cursor keeps jumping back to any text where I've selected bold/italic/underline... I'm at work at the moment, but I'll come back with more detail and a better description tonight!