ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On that sticker it says something like "TM how is your mother"...

lol YEP! This is definitely coming out from Taiwan base on the characters written "how's your mother" on the slide.

The screen in the background is arms-cool airsoft forum in Taiwan.

This is airsoft who gives a rats *albatross* about performance its all about looking cool while playing imabadassfaceshootkiddiestime

Cant argue with that, but I would thank my pistol to shoot straight bbs even if I feel a bit less badalbatroth when shooting people, my posing skills will make up for the not so cool operating gun I may be shooting.

To be honest, I feel like hitting people with small pieces of PVC is part of the fun too :bleh:

The short slide travel only bothers me since I have a real M&P 40. The main 'tell' that I saw for the shortened slide travel was when the spot on the slide for the disassembly latch didn't match up with where the latch is on the frame.

I'll keep an eye on this, unless the TM comes out first. But what are the chances of that?

EDIT: Upon looking over my M&P, I found that the slide travel isn't short per se but that the slide release button is made incorrectly. On my real M&P the slide actually locks from a piece that is attached (but behind/inside the slide) the slide release button itself. That might actually be easily fixed for proper slide travel/lock.

EDIT #2: Here's a picture to illustrate what I'm referring to. Compare this to the locked slide in the video.

DSCN0427.JPG

On the real steel, when the slide is locked back, if you follow up the angle of the front of the finger guard, the front of the scalloping on the slide is more or less a perfect continuation of that line.

Whereas on the mystery Taiwan airsoft, as someone already said, the same point on the slide is about a centimeter forward of that line.

There may be something funky going on with the slide lock, but whatever it is, it's to accommodate the fact of the short travel.

'FlameCarver'

If it turns out to be Ino, they are going to get raped by just about everyone, making a cheap looking GBB that doesn't even have 1:1 function, yeah that will go down well :P

Still if they fix the slide travel and we find out who makes it (for all we know it could be one of the better clone makers, or truly one of the worst).

'FireKnife'

I don't think its Inokatsu, they copied other people's design, uses steel (not the best quality) and charge an arm for it

I don't think its WE, they also copy other people's design (TM for most pistols)

I believe its KWC on the basis that its GBB and the slide travel is not complete.

I'm going to put a small wager on WinGun (WG).

1. They're a Taiwanese company.

2. They already make the M&P bb-gun for Umarex.

http://www.co2airguns.net/collection/S&W%20M&P/index.htm

3. And they make the short-travel 1911 CO2 airsoft pistol rebranded by G&G as the "Xtreme".

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_45_500&products_id=35915&osCsid=dc54a548eac57056e7476812027ebec8

'FlameCarver'

Again i can see why people say no WE as they have no R&D and steal other ideas (it is China, we know they all steal each others stuff).

Then again maybe TM have a M&P close to completion that was stolen and sold on to a clone maker? :P

'FireKnife'

the most recent KWC full metal CO2 pistols (P226X5, Tanfoglio and 1911) have all been great shooters. i picked up a couple of the 1911s simply just because of the shear force of the kick from the thing, better than a TM DE by a few margins.

i can see this from them as the Tanfoglios had a short slide travel, but the other 2 had full travel. if it IS KWC, i will have no problem picking one up to pass the time until the marui version.

i cant see this coming from anyone else known being that its got that short travel. nobody else has made a gun with a short stroked travel like that next to the marui xtreme .45.

this isnt one of those pseudo blowback CO2 pistols like the G&G xtreme .45 or the WG panther. absolutely 0% of those guns have open chambers being that they run off of a NBB system with a tacked on BBU.

I will wait till it comes out. KWC and WE pistols are generally hard going and serviceable so long as you pick the right model.

Maybe the technology has improved. I was very impressed with the Marui XDM's kick, so copying that system might up everyone elses game :)

Archived