ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we'll never know for sure. There was never any proof of one running 100%.

Anyway, I forgot about the slide travel issue. And looking a bit closer, the slide profile relief cuts are way off, no forward cocking serrations. No thanks WE. Will wait for the TM.

I dunno, guess there are alot of variations on the M&P. I just Goolgled SW M&P and first pic that comes up is this:

1287744336.jpg

Compared to WEs :

p1000574v.jpg

Looks fairly close, no ?

As for the slide lock:

again google RS pic (similar model)

DSCN0427.JPG

And WE:

p1000586.jpg

Seems to be alot of missinformed hate as far as I can tell...

Still excited about the product.

They jumped on their production prototype when all that was needed left was to make more and sell.

Anyway, about this confirmed WE M&P, I guess it's the same one that came up earlier (unpainted slide) as the slide also doesn't go back all the way.

It looks like it is indeed the same, however the slide travel issue has been resolved or at least improved a little. Check out on the older video how little the outer barrel was exposed when the slide was back and compare it with the new pictures.

Also, on the video you could see part of the chamber exposed when the slide was back, this is no longer the case.

Lastly, marui changed their design model to one without forward cocking serrations as well:

63.jpg

If you look at S&Ws current M&P 9mm without the manual safety, which appears to be the model they are trying to replicate, it is fairly close. It is difficult to check with overlays etc. in Photoshop due to the different camera angels and lens properties with distortion etc.

Again, we are dealing with WE here. If you think you are going to get an exact 1:1 match, well, look at their track record. They make decent guns that are fairly close to the originals.

As for the finish, well, WE aren't known for having superb finish on their guns, look at the recent Glocks and Sigs.

As for the cuts, the lighting in the WE photos is very poor and so you loose alot of detail of those things. I tried to fix the pic up in PS and it shows of the details better, but quality is worsened. Again, not perfect but.

we_mp_ps_fix.jpg

For now I think we just have to settle for an M&P actually being in sight of production and release, and take it for what it is. I think I might actually get this one. Although I am tempted to get an WE XDM with an RA steel slide as well... And then there is of course the INO 1911 :o Oh well. WIthin time I guess.

Issue with getting a WE-design also is that you are unlikely to get any kind of support in terms of aftermarket. Especially if TM still comes out with their M&P. Guarder could pump out a trade frame, and you are going to get a lot of aftermarket slides and reinforcement parts....WE's 1911 was pretty much a victim of that, aside from the fact that they are pretty much sh*t....

Issue with getting a WE-design also is that you are unlikely to get any kind of support in terms of aftermarket. Especially if TM still comes out with their M&P. Guarder could pump out a trade frame, and you are going to get a lot of aftermarket slides and reinforcement parts....WE's 1911 was pretty much a victim of that, aside from the fact that they are pretty much sh*t....

by the looks of it, some of the internals will be straight out of a glock... with a little luck the nozzle and some of the hammer parts will be.

In any case, if marui takes half a year more to release their damn m&p maybe guarder will do something for the we...

There is a trend going right now, at least that I have observed, that WE guns are getting dedicated parts supports for the later models. The XDM has some parts which are labeled specifically for WE. Anyhows, if there is a fully traded version from HK3 or AFC or the likes then the market for additional after market parts, at least in that respect, will be minimized. Only time will tell.

Sorry for double posting. In case everyone is not familiar with the internet, check out this Google Translate version of the arms-cool thread. Decent translation, gets most points across:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arms-cool.net%2Fforum%2Fthread-123935-1-1.html

As for the slide lock:

Seems to be alot of missinformed hate as far as I can tell...

facts =/= hate

The slide lock isn't supposed to catch on the visible notch on the slide like on Glocks and 1911s plus look at the alignment of the disassembly lever scallop on the slide. Could be better than the first vid/pics but short is short. Can't tell for sure how short though as there's no pic of the right side. Last time it was so bad that the shoulder of the chamber was still poking out the ejection port. And now that you've brought that pic up again, it seems the cut on the front part of the slide (next to where front serrations are) is at a wrong angle. It's supposed to be collinear with the front of the trigger guard. The WE looks to be off by about 10 degrees.

As for the absence of front serrations, only .45 models have them. 9 and .40 only have them at the rear.

facts =/= hate

The slide lock isn't supposed to catch on the visible notch on the slide like on Glocks and 1911s plus look at the alignment of the disassembly lever scallop on the slide. Could be better than the first vid/pics but short is short. Can't tell for sure how short though as there's no pic of the right side. Last time it was so bad that the shoulder of the chamber was still poking out the ejection port. And now that you've brought that pic up again, it seems the cut on the front part of the slide (next to where front serrations are) is at a wrong angle. It's supposed to be collinear with the front of the trigger guard. The WE looks to be off by about 10 degrees.

As for the absence of front serrations, only .45 models have them. 9 and .40 only have them at the rear.

The slide lock doesn't actually catch to the notch and and the chamber no longer pokes out when the slide is retracted... check out my previous posts.

More pictures and official we announcement:

p1000588cx.jpg

p1000589i.jpg

p1000591sq.jpg

According to the people at arms-cool, this thing drops to a RS serpa holster perfectly , so it should be true to RS proportions (this has not been confirmed by WE however).

EDIT: scratch that, WE just posted the following:

p1000616t.jpg

p1000618y.jpg

p1000619w.jpg

Wow this is like watching a hot all girl adult interest film only for it to turn to that stupid Rick-Rolling video half way through.

Damn it, a gun I want made by a company I don't trust. Plus it is a design they have made from scratch. That isn't good.

Unless of course it is based on a stolen prototype of TMs that they were about to release next year, but it got held back for reasons, :P

'FireKnife'

On related news, Guarder has released a line of hard holsters for the M&P 9 Compact.

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/

Not sure if what's filling them in the pics are real ones or WE. If it's WE then you could expect some kind of after market support from them.

They also released the same kind of holster for the s&w 5904, I'm unsure on what they're doing but it's part of their lineout of holsters.

Would be good to see something a bit more finished I must admit, still WE probably get around all sorts of export issues by just offering a blank gun, and to many just having the shape of the gun is better than the trades and markings.

'FireKnife'

Archived