ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

Check my comparison post on previous page

At first I thought you hadn't scaled the two pics but then noticed you used the slide length as reference point. Notice however that the length of the slide and location of controls are stretched out this way so I tried scaling your image according to frame length and this is what I got:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I'm following. I didn't scale to slide lenght, I matched it around the dissembly lever and slide catch like I said.

Regarding the pins in the frame. The real one uses roll pins, ie. hollow pins. The WE ones look like fake roll pins, ie. only center punched out and intruded. Oh well.

OK, I went back and re-did my scaling comparisons, both lenght and height wise, both for the slide locked back and slide in battery pics. The lenght and height pics are derrived from the same scaled pics but seperated to different pics to show both axis's. And this is what I got;

RS S&W M&P 9mm vs. WE S&W M&P 9mm, slide in battery, lengt comparison;

rs_mp_vs_we_mp_scale_lenght_1.jpg

NOTE: RS pic above is straight from S&W own website!

RS S&W M&P 9mm vs. WE S&W M&P 9mm, slide in battery, height comparison;

rs_mp_vs_we_mp_scale_height_1.jpg

NOTE: RS pic above is straight from S&W own website!

RS S&W M&P 9mm vs. WE S&W M&P 9mm, slide locked back, lenght comparison;

rs_mp_vs_we_mp_scale_lenght_2.jpg

RS S&W M&P 9mm vs. WE S&W M&P 9mm, slide locked back, height comparison;

rs_mp_vs_we_mp_scale_height_2.jpg

I don't think you can get much more accurate scale comparison than that unless we get similar resolution, angle, lens etc. pics of both models... Seeing as how both the lenght and height scaling almost match up perfectly one can only assume all parts and distances etc. are now to scale as accuratly as possible can be.

From what I can tell from these comparisons is that, 1) The WE frame seems to be a little longer at the beaver tail (on the first pic, old model RS M&P?), and 2) the outer barrel of the WE retracts into the slide when the slide is locked back. and 3) the disassembly lever notch and slide catch notch and pins do not lign up properly 4) the WE barrel does not titl back when slide is locked back. 5) RS pic with slide locked back might not be a match to the model WE are trying to replicate considering the scale match of the official S&W website M&P match in the other pics.

But overall it looks to be pretty close.

You can't really judge a guns sound from a video like that. Requires pretty sophisticated mic equipment to properly record the sound of GBB reports. And yes it looks like an old video.

My god I just want this to be released now so this M&P craze can be over with. Hopefully there will be fully traded HK3 versions out, or aftermarket slides and frames... ME WANTS, NAUW!

I will buy this gun as soon as it hits the shelves, no doubt. Might even go crazy and get the straight WE one first in anticipation of the traded ones... :0

Ah, LOL, you are totally right. It has both the new pins and the pink grip and there are icons on the left hand side. My bad.

Anyways, compare that to the original video of the gun with the raw aluminum slide. The slide travel is "fixed". Might be fixed even more but it's not like it's an inch off any more... Maybe 2-4mms judging by the disassembly cut out, but I think that is the placement and alignment of the controls that are off, not the actual slide travel.But maybe they can't make it come back any more. Remember that the hop up housing etc. might prevent the slide from going back further.

I don't care any more. Sell me that prototype with the pink backstrap, COME ON!

It's not 100% corrected, but it's very VERY close and definitely improved. On my real M&Ps the entire rear of the barrel assembly is concealed within the slide when the slide is locked back. But to be honest, that is being VERY nitpicky. At this point I would just like to see the slide coloration addressed and correct markings.

From the looks of the arms-cool.net threads, they based most (all?) of their measurements off a blue training gun, which is in fact what most Kydex holster manufacturers also use for forming. So this bodes well for people (like myself) who have real spec holsters.

I read the parts about the blue training gun as that was what some guys were intending to use to duplicate the trades later with engraving services ?

Also they talked about the matte slide finish making it difficult for owners to engrave the gun themselves without having to do alot of work re-finishing the paint of the slide.

Mother F what, Armed Forces HK already has the gun up on their website in preperation for release. Hopefully that means it is close... :0

http://www.armedforces.hk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4554&category_id=18&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Sent off an email to AFC asking if they know anything about release date and price, as well as asking if they indend to make a traded version, FYI AFC are the ones who make fex. the traded WE M4 recievers etc.

uscmCorps;

You mean like this?

p1000589i.jpg

What I want is to take a good look at the internals....

p1000641j.jpg

If the rightmost protruding thing of the hammer mech is indeed the hammer, it's lacking a roller like the marui glocks and sits a bit lower (assuming the hammer is up).

Actually it would remind me a lot of the KWA hammer on glocks.

Hmmm, hard to tell. It could be that the left pin is the valve reset knocker which is fairly standard, and the right pin is the disconnector, and that the hammer is down. But if the hammer was cocked wouldn't the trigger be further back? Not too familiar with the trigger setup up of the M&P.

Hmmm, hard to tell. It could be that the left pin is the valve reset knocker which is fairly standard, and the right pin is the disconnector, and that the hammer is down. But if the hammer was cocked wouldn't the trigger be further back? Not too familiar with the trigger setup up of the M&P.

Impossible (or very improbable) for two reasons...for one, if the hammer was down and still protruding this much the slide would get stuck with it.

And for two, if that's the case, it would mean that the one in this screen would have no hammer.

p1000568es.jpg

Hope they make an airsoft gun based off the Cabelas exclusive M&P I have. Tan frame, Black slide and black back strap. I know I'll be for sure buying one, so I'll be comparing it to my real one. Maybe I'll review it for all you worried guys lol

One reason I dislike the TM is because its not based off the standard model. It's the .45 model with the extended barrel and useless thumb safety(IMO of course). I like how the WE is the bare bones M&P. Though maybe TM will change it when they actually make it sometime this century. And like I said before, the TM Most likely will not fit in kydex or SERPA holsters, which is what I run.

Wonder if the Costa Catalyst M&P mag release will work on this...:P

Aside from the Catalyst M&P mag release I'm more curious about the compatibility with real sights. If the front and rear dovetail grooves are consistent with the real spec that would be a huge plus. I can't stand factory sights. I much prefer 10-8's.

ETA: another smart move would be the ability to adjust trigger weights and trigger resets.

That's more with the TM GBBs (which is what this appears to be based on). KWA/KSCs will accommodate RS sights. Oh well I'll make it work somehow.

The only KSC that I've owned that I tried RS sight on was the USP, and that didn't turn out too well....unless it was SD that screwed the pooch on that one...

Gunsmodify is turning out nice Trijicon-rep, which didn't exist a few years back...at least now there are more sighting option for TM guns now...

Archived