ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smarter move not to have trademarks. Cybergun holds the S&W license. And WE knows the gun will be super popular in the US.

I do hope the tan version comes with a black or tan back strap. I dislike the pink back strap on the tan frame. Odd combo. Black with pink backstrap would make more sense, seeing S&W has a black one with a pink back strap lol

I did just notice something. The WE uses the older gen smooth ramped rear sight. The newer M&P rear sight is different, there staged (I assume for racking the slide off a holster if one arm goes down.)

Not like I'll be doing that in airsoft, so no big deal if its the ramped sights. I just bought a newer model of a real one, most do have the smooth ramped ones.

This is going to sound strange. But reading the thread (Google translated) that the compact video came from, and a PM from a YouTuber/Airsofter in Taiwain, that compact might not even be WEs, but a competing manufacturer who is also working on an M&P. No word on who it might be. Or it might just be confusion and it is WE. Or maybe it's like WE vs. HK3, or WE vs. KWA... *fruitcage* knows.

And if it was in fact the WE compact then there would be no need to have it in a seperate thread on arms-cool.net

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-124244-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhigCloKvrziOfFN0LjhctrBgFnjtg

That's where the video is from.

But then again, it looks like the logo on the frame sais WE .... strange. Maybe someone is just confused. I dunno... Just thought I'd put some more speculations and rumours out there. :D

Oh yeah, got a reply from Armed Forces (AFC), they had no further information about release or price ATM.

This is going to sound strange. But reading the thread (Google translated) that the compact video came from, and a PM from a YouTuber/Airsofter in Taiwain, that compact might not even be WEs, but a competing manufacturer who is also working on an M&P. No word on who it might be. Or it might just be confusion and it is WE. Or maybe it's like WE vs. HK3, or WE vs. KWA... *fruitcage* knows.

And if it was in fact the WE compact then there would be no need to have it in a seperate thread on arms-cool.net

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-124244-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhigCloKvrziOfFN0LjhctrBgFnjtg

That's where the video is from.

But then again, it looks like the logo on the frame sais WE .... strange. Maybe someone is just confused. I dunno... Just thought I'd put some more speculations and rumours out there. :D

Oh yeah, got a reply from Armed Forces (AFC), they had no further information about release or price ATM.

Someone IS confused. On the frame you can see the WE logo, the frame corresponds perfectly to the pictures posted of the unfinished compact WE frame AND uses both the compact magazine and longer magazine of the standard model.

The source of the video is odd, I don't have a clue on where it came from, but it's WE's for sure.

To see the logo, switch to 1080 p :P

Yes, I also see the WE logo on the frame (looks very similar at least) as I stated. BUT...

Well I never really thought about this before. But, we, or at least I, always assumed that HK/HK3 were working in unison with WE and just a cover for releasing trademarked pistols etc.

But what if HK is to WE, as WE is to TM. Ie. a cloning, ideastealing, greedy company ? And some HK spies sneek into the WE factories at night and copy their moulds... :P

It's crazy, but has it been confirmed that WE=HK and HK=WE ? :0

My Taiwan YT guy said "the situation is similar to the WE Glocks", and the only thing to conclude from that is that he is talking about the trademarked HK ones.

I dunno. Seems weird, but then again didn't the HK PX4 come out _before_ there were WE branded PX4s on the market ? (box labeling)

Either way, there are M&Ps coming, and hopefully HK trademarked ones :)

Well I never really thought about this before. But, we, or at least I, always assumed that HK/HK3 were working in unison with WE and just a cover for releasing trademarked pistols etc.

But what if HK is to WE, as WE is to TM. Ie. a cloning, ideastealing, greedy company ? And some HK spies sneek into the WE factories at night and copy their moulds... :P

It's crazy, but has it been confirmed that WE=HK and HK=WE ? :0

I dunno. Seems weird, but then again didn't the HK PX4 come out _before_ there were WE branded PX4s on the market ? (box labeling)

3HK is a totally mysterious company. Taiwan based, possibly with a manufacturing facility in China.

You are right to remember that the PX4 was 3HK all the way. Later WE took over distribution of the PX4 in somes countries (e.g. US). Then there was some kind of merger or semi-merger, and later models often were identical, but the 3HK ones were the ones with trades. Perhaps WE has absorbed some of 3HK's knowhow. Perhaps 3HK is now WE's development dept. Who knows?

As far as I can gather HK3P (or whatever their name is) is actually WE's OEM.

Evidence I have for that is purely circumstantial but it makes sense when you think about (like all good conspiracy theories, right?).

- PX4: HK3P's first gun, and the gun that started all of this. They are 100% made by HK3P, yet they were called WE by many online retailers. Why? Well companies such as Madbull were wholesaling them, where they only really stock WE pistols (since Madbull/Socom Gear are the same company, and Socom Gear have a relationship with WE).

- Samurai Edge: Made by HK3P - again 100% confirmed, and yet WE then laid claim to it and began distributing it in their own WE-brand boxes. I purchased a HK3P samurai edge from WGC, and we ordered in WE Samurai Edge's in work - I took them both down to their very component pieces, and guess what? There wasn't a lick of difference.

- Glock Series: Another HK3P/WE working together, although this time with a difference (and here is the biggest clue of an OEM relationship) - one set has trademarks, the other does not...and there were some reliability differences as well. I would guess that WE ordered them to a certain standard, and similar to the way Socom Gear changes some things on WE pistols, I would say HK3P changed some stuff for sale out the opposite side of the factory.

Now, that doesn't seem like much...however all of WE's pistols quality have drastically improved. I'm talking fit of slide to frame, quality of paint work etc. I have a 2-3 year old Socom Gear 1911 MEU (WE rebrand with very minor differences), and once again I compared it to a brand new Socom Gear 1911 MEU from this year (again in work) and there were significant improvements in tolerances all around.

It is being kept quiet for a reason...WE tout very loudly about everything being made in Taiwan, however there was a Hong Kong member of Arnies who very firmly stated that retailers dealing with HK3P directly disclosed that they are indeed a mainland China manufacturer, hence the hush-hush from WE.

The M&P 40 smacks of WE's current business plan - make a gun with a gas system similar enough to a lot of others, and release many variants e.g. Glock, Sig, XDM and now M&P. It seems right, so I have no doubt that the compact is one of theirs as well

...HK3P directly disclosed that they are indeed a mainland China manufacturer...

If that's the case they're living dangerously, considering the gold "made in Taiwan" sticker you still have to scrape off every WE pistol.

It worries me to see WE trying to strike out on their own, considering what utter trash their "patented, no one better dare copy us AWSS" system was before they borrowed from other companies working designs to make a functional GBBR.

I wonder what WE/HK3P did differently between the G17 and the XDM. We were fooling around with the two pistols yesterday, and the increased kick and snappiness of the XDM is drastic. Having never handled a Marui XDM, are the cloners messing around with the internals somehow?

The 5-7, PX4 and XDM all use a redesigned BBU/nozzle assembly, which makes them that much snappier on duster. In some cases, the shape of the r.s. gun (cough, FN) makes for certain structural weaknesses.

All 3HK and WE are doing is copy the TM designs and putting on a metal slide, so that when you use their clones with green, you get extra super snappiness.

EDIT: beat me to it by 3 minutes. Damn.

Aside from the fact that he could work on his trigger reset as a shooter, the trigger sounds clicky during the reset and possibly a little gritty. Hard to tell purely from the audio though.

Alot of people say the real M&P trigger is gritty. So not to surprising. (Frankly, I dont mind the trigger on the real, but some do). It is an airsoft gun after all. Its not gonna have a perfect trigger.

I definitely fall into the camp of not liking the RS trigger. I've had all of mine reworked by ATEi for years now which IMO is the best trigger job on the market today. Airsoft triggers aren't that bad in terms of grittiness. It's more their spring weights that could use work. They tend to be way too light compared to real triggers but I understand that is mostly because (1) its catered to the younger crowd that would have difficulty pulling a duty trigger or even a RS factory trigger's weight, and (2) most Airsoft manufacturers don't worry about a trigger being too light and too easily pulled whereas someone using it for daily concealed carry would.

• 2 weeks later...

New video and pictures;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QsR6jucvWyE

557752_432785200115337_1861339216_n.jpg

30767_432785280115329_1036695005_n.jpg

189093_432785323448658_234785509_n.jpg

299464_432785380115319_1860900039_n.jpg

229941_432785463448644_239729239_n.jpg

581498_432785503448640_532614113_n.jpg

32316_432785810115276_1626998950_n.jpg

178913_432785906781933_1528372025_n.jpg

525062_432785976781926_1848893632_n.jpg

Source and more pics ; http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-124908-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhjZorsNDZTbK79o1B0-ZvM-V08uPQ

Internals in the lower look a hell of a lot like the XDM ones :o

Interesting screen grabs I got from the video regarding the much debated slide travel and lock back, looks better no?

Slide held back all the way to the rear

we_xdm_slide_Rear.jpg

Slide locked back to the rear with slide lock

we_xdm_slide_Rear_locked.jpg

Happy, WE haters ? :D

Archived