ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

They're missing texture on the back of the slide and the slide finish itself is horrible ... but it's getting there.

Actually earlier prototypes had it.

p1000577g.jpg

Hardly the ideal picture but you can clearly see it. Also on the other prototypes the sights are painted.

My guess would be either a test-production type or just a retrofitted older prototype.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that it prematurely locked back before the last round. Either a mechanical issue or the shooter's grip engaged the slide stop. I think you're right (I hope so anyway) about the missing details on the back of the slide. The slide lock back position is better. Not perfect, based on viewing the gun's right side in the video, but acceptible. Just fix the trades and the slide finish.

I would not be surprised at all if they made a version with slide serrations like what ATEi does for his custom guns (and like I have on all five of my M&Ps). I wonder if you can melonite/tennifer (Salt Bath Nitride QPQ) finish this material ... ?

Yeah, just found that out myself. So the question is, can you anodize or paint a finish similar to a melonite type finish? Does cerakote do a finish like that?

The closest I could find would be Hard Black Anodizing and Cerakote H-238 Midnight Blue as two close options. Maybe Cerakote Graphite Black.

Just sit tight, I bet within 3 months of release there will be at least some aftermarket slides avaliable with better finish and trades. RA Tech steel anyone ?

Yeah make the cycling so sluggish....

Unless RA-Tech lighten up the slide, its not gameable.

Well *fruitcage* a duck. Retail box and all and official WE post, must be right around the corner then! If Google translate is anywhere close, it sais release end of october, early november ! :D Possibly Taiwan only release date, guess HK and rest of world will follow soon after.

MUST HAVE!

Just put in a request to a local retailer to sign me up for a pre-pre-order.

Shame it's become so difficult for us in SWE to import GBBs from HK :|

Someone on arms-cool has what I think is an advance copy of the WE M&P 9 and they did some custom engravings, here is what yours could look like;

dscn8141m.jpg

dscn8143.jpg

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-125050-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhiASZ0Pre9BRjpAH4ScNYFP0I7djg

I want this gun right now !!! Got a pre-pre-pre order in with a shop, hopefully I will get one form the first avaliable batch.

Why have they done the ladies and training models?

Maybe they could have spent more time making it look a bit more presentable?

Still what is up with that hinged trigger, to adjust angle of pull?

Only real questions I have about this though, still not sure on shelling out for one of these after the WE XDM and PX4 I handled.

'FireKnife'

Only real questions I have about this though, still not sure on shelling out for one of these after the WE XDM and PX4 I handled.

'FireKnife'

Well, at this point in time if you want an M&P GBB, you have no other choice, unlike with the XDM and PX4... :o

Since the M&P9 is the Taiwan police issue pistol I think they are making all the colors to be able to appeal and sell to as many poeple in Taiwan as possible.

This also means that Guarder and RA etc. should be all over this for parts and ugprades.

Me gusta!

'FireKnife'

It's weird that you feel that way when most people think that those are WE's best models. But then again, you are one of the most spoiled members here when it comes to pistols.

It's weird that you feel that way when most people think that those are WE's best models. But then again, you are one of the most spoiled members here when it comes to pistols.

This is true, should really add to that list all the ones I have used too :P. But still was not impressed at all, the XDM shot poorly and the WE PX4 was such a gas guzzler but gave out little compared to other clone pistols in the same price band. Maybe it is just the *suitcase* Scottish weather or the fact it is me using it, and WE don't like me?

It's a trigger safety made differently so they can't get sued by Glock. Personally, it's the only fault I found when I was messing with a friends M&P .40; made the trigger feel like it was made of gummy bears.

Have seen on some RS forums and sites that it is not the most praised of designs, but having not had a play can't say. Would prefer the manual safety that they do instead.

Well, at this point in time if you want an M&P GBB, you have no other choice, unlike with the XDM and PX4... :o

Since the M&P9 is the Taiwan police issue pistol I think they are making all the colors to be able to appeal and sell to as many poeple in Taiwan as possible.

Very true, but still striker fired pistols don't really do it for me, the M&P just has a nice design so not in a big rush to buy one seeing as the TM design is very slowly progressing, year by year.

As for it being Taiwan issue, aonther one of those pointless facts I know, I spend too much time learning stuff :P. But saying that the blue and purple models, unless Taiwan has some law about the colours they can be, why make them in those colours? Tan and green fair enough, black of course but blue?

'FireKnife'

Archived