ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some new videos;

WE M&P submerged in water and then test fired (god knows why)

WE M&P test fire @ soda cans (pretty decent plinking here!)

WE M&P hammer/sear burst / full auto issue caught on tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ApwcvRHss&feature=player_detailpage

Fix is available at arms-cool, look backwards in this thread or check the review thread for a solution should this happen to your WE M&P.

Approx 1 week until I get mine and then it's video time mother*fruitcage*ers ! :D

Water? Well that is a thorough test but I can't see many airsofters wanting to put there gun in water and then use it. As for the guy in those top two videos, does he not worry about eye protection or about others seeing into his rather low walled back yard? Or is that just me looking at a country where airsoft isn't treated with abuse and lies about the damage it will cause to the country? :P

As for the burst firing, WE do seem to have issues with this in some of their guns, it seems odd to me that such an issue has plagued them since day one and yet they have never seemed to find a reliable pre-production fix? Still it is good to hear that they are looking into it, maybe they have thought 'hey if we actually fix the bits that don't work instead of knocking out another gun people might trust us more', I know I would for one.

'FireKnife'

As for the burst firing, WE do seem to have issues with this in some of their guns, it seems odd to me that such an issue has plagued them since day one and yet they have never seemed to find a reliable pre-production fix? Still it is good to hear that they are looking into it, maybe they have thought 'hey if we actually fix the bits that don't work instead of knocking out another gun people might trust us more', I know I would for one.

'FireKnife'

This particular instance stems from a defect in the piece that holds the hammer down. The cast is poor and that piece somehow ended up rounded instead of flat , thus sometimes causing 3-burst or full auto.

Supposedly they fixed that in their 2nd run of M&Ps and onward.

This particular instance stems from a defect in the piece that holds the hammer down. The cast is poor and that piece somehow ended up rounded instead of flat , thus sometimes causing 3-burst or full auto.

Supposedly they fixed that in their 2nd run of M&Ps and onward.

Like I say good to hear they are fixing it, but it can also be seen as a case of using purchasers as the testers, which if you back them up and say 'hey it broke, here is a new gun and thanks for your time' that isn't so bad. Things like this show that WE has changed a fair bit from the old days of guns that broke out of the box and the response was basically who cares. Now if only they could get the pistols right, still too hit and miss for me with the ones I have tried but then no-one is perfect :P.

As for spare mags, release a gun without readily available spare mags? Silly idea, surely for every single gun you release it would make sense to make at least 2-3 spares a piece?

'FireKnife'

Sorry for dragging this up, but what do you mean with huge gap between slide and frame? I looked at alot of pics of the real one and the WE almost looks to have better fit or equal? Maybe the shadows in the airsoft pics make it look worse. The mold lines are there on the RS as well but far more faint so yeah...

I know you have one so you might know better but just curious exaclty which part you mean.

Never got around to answering this question. My comment was more in regards to the gap between the slide and frame at the front of the gun. But I went and looked at my M&Ps and I noticed there was a fair amount of wiggle room even on those so I take that particular comment back.

Here's a pic of a few of my (dirty) M&Ps and as you can see, the gap is definitely there.

The tan still looks off IMO though.

post-29472-0-98987300-1353707556_thumb.jpg

OK thanks for the answer and correction!

I'm hearing mixed info on the tan color. I think it needs to be shot in proper light and with good white balance, I will do that once I get mine so you can judge from a calibrated picture. I think it's closer than it looks in most pics, but we shall find out :D

I'll take two of those ;). Hope they're here quick! I've got a game next weekend.

If you want something quick, EBB is not what you are looking for, asking them to be quick is like asking the sea to break in half. I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt have them in stock yet, maybe close to have them, but not yet, so they will take your money and wait until they can ship them. Regular practice from them, to be honest

OK thanks for the answer and correction!

I'm hearing mixed info on the tan color. I think it needs to be shot in proper light and with good white balance, I will do that once I get mine so you can judge from a calibrated picture. I think it's closer than it looks in most pics, but we shall find out :D

My tan one will be here next week so I'll do a few photos when it arrives ;)

Archived