ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Challenge accepted! We shall see who's tan M&P arrives first my good sir!

;)

Allthough I think you will win :P

But, do you know how to exposure, color and white balance calibrate/correct a photo properly ? :o

Well, we'll see matey! They'll probably arrive at the same time.

Re the photos. I'm not a pro but I know my way around my canon DSLR so I'll give it a stab ;) normally just use my iPhone camera for most things as I'm too lazy and its a PITA to break out the laptop everytime I want to upload a photo. Lol

For some reason the blue frame M&P appears to me... Maybe I will end up with that one as well :P

Anyone else considering any of the off colors ?

Also, to whomever changed the sight dot paint, how did you remove the existing paint? Or did you just paint over ?

For some reason the blue frame M&P appears to me... Maybe I will end up with that one as well :P

Anyone else considering any of the off colors ?

Also, to whomever changed the sight dot paint, how did you remove the existing paint? Or did you just paint over ?

The blue frame is appealing to me for Force-On-Force training. I think it will be a popular color for LEO FOF training.

I took a metal pick and just scraped off the original paint. Then repainted with GID sight paint.

Some news over at arms-cool. Looks like someone is trying to mass-produce the trademarked version Papago made. I think that is what it is about. Problem being even if they make the emblems etc. you still have to mill out the existing one, and the white trades on the magazine look horrible, as does the emblem in the magazine plate bottom, but they are trying at least;

1211271504c56f274d5d9f8521.png

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-126827-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhiRbQRb4hyI7W940iCLtSTItGlzQw

I think I'll wait until things settle down a bit regarding WEs M&P, no doubt the second you buy some S&W badges and rev up your dremmel or whatever, Guarder or some obscure Hong Kong company will have a fully-traded frame ready to go.

I can live with the WE on the frame once someone (even Guarder) brings out a half-decent slide.

Damn you TM, this is all your fault ;-) lack of respect for us foreigners ;)

Some talk about how to remove or blacken the serial number plates. Something I will have to look into as that bronze finish metal they use for the serial number plates are aweful!

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-126825-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhih1Yt-7EH8V1RtPFljpcCtHye3Xg

395122_556231901058889_1220963915_n.jpg

Some talk about how to remove or blacken the serial number plates. Something I will have to look into as that bronze finish metal they use for the serial number plates are aweful!

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-126825-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhih1Yt-7EH8V1RtPFljpcCtHye3Xg

That looks a lot better.

Yeh... From my experience with TM vs. HK/WE XDM I would say slide swaps between the two are not recommended for sure.

Major problem being TMs come with metal slide reinforcement plates, and the WEs do not. So a TM slide on a WE frame will chew up the slide catch notch in no time... And some other small differenses.

But yeah, since the TM is not out, probably won't happen.

The bigger issue that RM is referring to is the fact that the TM not being out yet ... means that unless WE somehow got a TM prototype, pre-production sample etc, that it would appear that WE developed their version of the M&P with no basis on the TM M&P version. When two companies develop products in their own respective bubbles, while it may externally look similar, the chances of cross compatibility is reduced to almost zero. The only possibility of cross compatibility would be if TM used previous technology they had pioneered themselves and WE had chosen to use that same technology in the development of their M&P. Which is possible, but rarely extends to parts like slides and frames etc.

FYI, as of yesterday, based on my various sources it sounds like WE has no current plans to produce a S&W traded gun and the likelihood of HK3P producing one is also unlikely. The reasoning behind this is that in HK (and in most of the rest of the world) Cybergun is extremely litigious and has made it clear to all that they will sue WE or any company (including retailers and distribution channels) if such an unauthorized product hit the market. There's still possibility that some of the smaller entities may try to produce unlicensed replicas, but you won't see the volume and the dispersion that you currently see with the WE M&P (which often means the quality suffers too).

Yeh I got confirmation straight from James at WE that WE guns will never come with authentic trades out of the box, he sais they leave that to thrid parties.

As for the WE rifles and pistols out there with trades, they are usually made by AFC (and some other customizing shops), WEs HK distributor, and is sometimes advertiesed as AFC but also, more commonly, WE, to avoid confusion for buyers.

So yeh. I would think that in combination with Cybergun going bananas as you mention the promise of a fully traded mass produced M&P looks bleak atm, as I feared :(

I got a response to my initial mail to my local engraving shop so I sent in details of the S&W trades I wanted, see if they get back to me or black list me.

uscm is basically hitting the point of my comment. Its extremely unlikely that when TM do come with their own M&P, it'll be the same gun as the WE. The previous example when WE beat TM to the punch was their 1911, which was loosely based on WE's Hi-Capa, which was a copy(not a good one) of TM's Hi-Capa. When TM came out with their 1911, the system although is also a derivative of the Hi-Capa design, its not at all similar to the WE design. And WE's parts compatibility to the TM 1911 is thus limited. Although in that case, the upper is actually compatible, mainly if nothing is due to the fact that much like the real gun, the upper is not that different between a 1911 and 2011. In the case of M&P though, considering there are no shared base design, the similarity if any when TM's version appears is unlikely....

WE is stepping out in this case to make their "own" gun, no doubt in hope that it'll be a model to exist toe-to-toe when a "tier 1" OEM comes with their own model. With the amount of overlap we are seeing with KSC/KWA and TM now, its not impossible for aftermarket to support multiple brand of the same gun. But that hinges on the fact that if the WE is actually a quality product....historically thats more questionable....

Archived