ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

Traditionally WE pistols have been cack. BUT since the PX4 they have had a dramatic upturn in both appearance, fit and function and generally overall excellence. This M&P is IMHO one of the best in their current line up. I prefer it over my XDM which is amazing. I've ordered a P228 on the back of how impressed I am with the M&P- oh and another M&P too ;)

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we all know, the PX4 was purely and exclusively a 3HK or HK3 or whatever product, and after the PX4's initial success WE handled distribution of it in some countries. After that, things get murkier: did WE take over 3HK, did they merge, did they work out some joint operating agreement, did some 3HK people come over to WE, did WE contract with 3HK as their OEM??? Take your choice of theory and run with it. Whatever the case, there's been an injection--to varying degrees--of 3HKness in WE's subsequent products, notably I'd say the Glocks and the XDM. Some of the Sig Sauers were not well designed (the railless one didn't have its trigger guard reworked correctly) and have had these slide failures. The many reports of underhopping of the M&P suggest that WE still releases new products when they're not quite ready for primetime.

Okay. All conjecture aside; i'll base it on my own experience with the latest batch of WE releases of which I have:

XDM

XDMc

G17

M&P x 2

P228 en route

apart from the P228 of which I havent got yet but recently ordered four for friends and based my ordering one on their feedback. All of the others have been way in excess of anything I have bought from WE in the past. whatever they have done, or whoever they have employed HAS made a difference.

with regards to the underhopping on the M&P i used it on an indoor range with .25g BB's with a mate and we got through about 5 mags. everyshot went exactly where it was intended. I cant give you a photo of the targets as it was an electronic range about 15m in length.

Based on these pistols and the forty or so I have supplied to friends in the last 6 months, I will keep on buying WE pistols. :)

Just to add to the above.

I just took delivery of a WE F228 today, and so far, it is, to me, the nicest WE/HK pistol out of the box so far. In terms of fit, finish, feel and function. Given it is only my first impression, but it certainly made a damn good one. The snappiness and crispness of the slide and controls were remarkable. Maybe too much so as I am afraid something will snap in half! Time will tell. If the M&Ps are better than the F228 then I am in for a treat for sure.

Thumbs up!

Also, yes, WE are not perfect, they are not TM quality. But what you get, is a full metal pistol, mainly TM cloned or based and compatible (to some extent), relatively good fit, finish and build quality, for the price of half of a TM (which is plastic). That sounds like a pretty good business idea to me.

In my opinion, the TMs are overated when it comes to look and finish. I can obviously not argue against the reliability, accuracy and performance of a TM pistol, that is the one to beat, but plastic out of the box with sub par finish at those prices, come on !

So for me, WE is still the #1 or #2 choice (WE / KJW pretty much tied depending on model).

That is true, though if it was the front strap, back strap and then the medallion thing in black that would be nice.

Might have to pick a black one up, but will have to wait until they are second hand, I can prove I play but as I refuse to get UKARA it means most shops wont bother now, not good.

'FireKnife'

Just a heads up to everyone, I had my WE F228 appart today for cleaning and lubing and threadlocking. Every screw in the gun was loose. So check your pistols over and threadlock everything down so you don't loose any screws! I will do this for all my new guns from now on.

Hopefully I can have mine by end of next week or early the next week after that.

God damn I hate being late to the party, especially this one :(

Just a heads up to everyone, I had my WE F228 appart today for cleaning and lubing and threadlocking. Every screw in the gun was loose. So check your pistols over and threadlock everything down so you don't loose any screws! I will do this for all my new guns from now on.

Hopefully I can have mine by end of next week or early the next week after that.

God damn I hate being late to the party, especially this one :(

indeed, even i beat you to this gun.. I picked it up this morning.

Not sure what I am looking at here. Some dude posting about his white laser engraved UNCompany M&P, but then there are pics of a fully engraved one that looks wesome.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-127251-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhjhVC7Ywh7J1dV5xM48iShdbjVfNg

First I thought it was an RS, then I saw the WE serial number.

Maybe it's one of Papagos custom ones being used for display, but one can hope :)

20121205_f50b11e5637746c45831400DZLk8ds0e.jpg

Archived