ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

So, as I said in a wrong topic: I just ordered the Custom WE M&P with engraved markings.

I was wondering about something though: how does the paint wear off? Does it go directly from black to bare metal or does it wear off smoothly?

Depending on that I am considering anodizing the frame.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't hold your breath for a traded version considering cg and s&w going after most folks without the agreement and the fact the us issued m9 is in the process of being swapped for the m&p 40 I'd see it to be a huge hassle for just $100 a pop

Are you referring to the US military ?   If you are, you are mistaken/misinformed.  There has not been a selection made in the effort to replace the M9 for regular forces.

Special Ops is a different story.

The M&P is a strong contender but they still haven't even decided on a caliber, let alone a platform.

Are you referring to the US military ?   If you are, you are mistaken/misinformed.  There has not been a selection made in the effort to replace the M9 for regular forces.

Special Ops is a different story.

The M&P is a strong contender but they still haven't even decided on a caliber, let alone a platform.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/07/20/usmc-orders-4036-m45-cqbp-pistols/

USMC looks to have already made a choice. Don't know why they insisted on a single stack pistol though.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/07/20/usmc-orders-4036-m45-cqbp-pistols/

USMC looks to have already made a choice. Don't know why they insisted on a single stack pistol though.

They were hanging onto 1911 pistols for a long time anyway, so it simplified existing logistics, not to mention the 1911 to them is something of a status symbol. They still issue the M9 and M9A1 in general, but the M45 pistol is issued to MARSOC and such special units.

The M&P in service is just a hypothetical. Last I checked its competing against guns like the Beretta PX4, FN FNP / FNS, HK handguns, specifically the P2000 and the HK45, possibly even some of the Sigs, though their losing the P250 contracts due to malfunctions does make it hard for them to have any credibility.

I don't think we'll see a new service sidearm for a while considering how a majority of US DoD programs are winding down. But it would be a good thing to see the M9 go.

Im looking at getting one of these and i haven't seen this question asked yet. One picture on ehobbyasia's web site shows a picture of the inside of the outer barrel of the WE M&P and its threaded, my question is has any one tried an adapter in there yet (to fit a suppressor) and if so which adapters will work? WE make a threaded barrel adapter for there 1911 range, will this one worK? Thanks in advance guys. 

• 1 month later...

They make extended mags for their hi-capa clone and those aren't full auto.

Perhaps they just like making extended mags.   They do come in handy for pistol only games.

Because TM did for the full auto only Xtreme.

WE just thought, meh cheap and easy clone to do.

As for the 50rd mags, well you get 40rd 1911 mags from TM and others so why not a 50rd M&P one?

'FireKnife'

• 1 month later...

Archived