ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never heard of the WE M&P coming in .40 flavour. Besides the markings the .40 model also has front serrations on the slide.

Why are AFC a bunch of rickrolls ? :o

And why doesn't anyone have one of these yet, I need videos, reviews, pictures, info. NAUW GOTT DAMMIT! *Arnold voice*

Ah right, now I remember! All the talk a few threads ago was about the front serration differences and you guys were wondering whether they copied the 9mm or .40 M&P :P Nvm then, I thought it was about having both caliber models, my bad :P

AFC are *rickrolls* because they have negative customer service. Not ZERO customer service, but NEGATIVE :P Their gunsmith thinks he's super awesome and treats your tech question with disdain, the store staff won't care for a newbie's questions when they go to their store--actually almost everyone that works there treat their customers with disdain unless you're a friend or something (there's like 1 or 2 guys that were nice, but 1 got 'promoted' and is now working in the office, and the other guy also mostly works in the office as far as I can tell). I've held my low opinion of them ever since I got into airsoft back in 2008, but it's only NOW that the local forum members are getting ###### off at their attitude (the Chinese one that I don't visit, I heard about it from a friend though). I guess part of their 'ego' comes from being one of the oldest airsoft shop in Hong Kong. That said however, many people still need to buy from them (and they get a lot of money) because they are distributors of WE and HK3P stuff in Hong Kong. The WE stuff (old 1911s, GBBRs) might not be a particularly good sell now that the initial excitement has wore off (for stuff like the L85, AK, SCAR, etc.) but I can tell that the HK3P stuff is pretty popular considering you guys are all grabbing them up from HK stores and all the HK stores have to get it from AFC :P

Which (pardon the rant above for being OT, but hey...NonEx asked for it! XD) brings it to another point. Remember those compact XDMs were being 'sold' at RSOV when actually there were no stock in Hong Kong a while back? :P I knew for a fact that RSOV doesn't have the XDM compacts because even AFC weren't stocking them in their retail store. Wouldn't be logical to assume RSOV had the XDMs whilst the distributors themselves are holding them back from the market by not selling their stock themselves. So, as long as AFC doesn't have the guns, the other shops in HK won't either :P

Well that's tough *suitcase* consdering I just paid AFC for some spare parts for my WE XDM that I messed up when trying to install the TM NOVA XDM slide :o

Oh well, hopefully they will come through.

Up at RedWolf for USD $90 : http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_WE_WE_N_P_XW40_GBB.htm

I actually think the pistol has looked good in all retailers photos so far, except BBDragon but all of their pics suck *albatross*. So it might not bee to shabby. Shame WE insist on using those bronrse/gold serial number plates, looks pooh...

I'm going to say WE don't like you. :P My XDM emptied a full (cold) mag with less than a second between shots and it slung .28's perfectly at about 5 degrees. Saying that the XDM has needed tinkering to get the hop perfect so it's not the best OOTB pistol I've ever had, even if I do sing it's praises all the time. :)

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-part/parts-upgrade-pistol/hop-up-enhancements/a-studio-hop-up-assistant-device-for-marui-kj-we-gbb-pistol.html

Threw one of these in my WE G19 along with a Nine Ball hop up packing. Gun now outranges everything I've ever even seen, it's absolutely unreal. No problems insofar and it's been abused, dropped, run in crappy weather conditions, etc. Sadly, it does better than my hilariously expensive Detonator G19 build and that makes me sad

Great advice PreacherMan, bookmarked ! :D

I think for price vs. performance a WE gun is a damn good bet, with some minor upgrades and tweaks they are usually a great bang for the buck. I want to convert over and only buy WE but I require trademarks, semi-realistic or realistic. Not some fubar G or a blank slate. Exception being the M&P because I just have to have it ! :D

Wish I would find a custom engraver to do this for me, and then that in combination with Durakote jobs = EPIC

It has landed at UNCompany now as well, $90 USD

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=33567

Still looking good in the pics :D

Tan model added to WE website wemodel.com.tw and model designation updated to; "WE-BB-001-BK-Big-Bird" and "WE-BB-001-TAN-Big-Bird". For whatever reason it is refered to as Toucan in Taiwan;

toucan.jpg

Great advice PreacherMan, bookmarked ! :D

I think for price vs. performance a WE gun is a damn good bet, with some minor upgrades and tweaks they are usually a great bang for the buck. I want to convert over and only buy WE but I require trademarks, semi-realistic or realistic. Not some fubar G or a blank slate. Exception being the M&P because I just have to have it ! :D

Wish I would find a custom engraver to do this for me, and then that in combination with Durakote jobs = EPIC

If you do find an engraver, please contact me, for I may ask you if it is possible to do mine as well. :) *I'll pay of course*

CRW video "review" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIlB8lRSCz8

Too bad it's kind of dark but better than nothing !

Looks like it was lubed with vaseline in the factory, definatly gonna have to clean and re-lube first thing when I get mine ! :)

:)

LOL, just Googled CNC engraving and first hit was a local shop that does laser, CNC and machine engravings, woop, gonna e-mail them and ask :D

I have yes, vector files. Well, the M&P and Logo bit, the other text I can probably replicate close enough myself with some fonts floating around.

Well, I would have to ask the engraving shop what format they need, fix it up, do a print out mock up of how I want the final to look etc. for their referense.

I have no idea if they would do it, but I will certainly ask them.

Up on AirsoftGlobal now as well for $90 USD.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_297&products_id=16032&zenid=kco5j800q3v7qpbbkbav1e4nl6

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51_297&products_id=16028&zenid=kco5j800q3v7qpbbkbav1e4nl6

Gotta say looking consistently good still in all photos, damn shame it comes without markings or this could be a winner, looks and finish wise.

Man, this "Papago" guy doesn't mess around. More pics of his engraved M&P's:

we-MP9TAN-08.jpg

we-MP9TAN-09.jpg

At least the stock slide/frame surfaces seem to take well to engraving. For those that just HAVE to have them properly trademarked.

Anxiously awaiting the release of the "little bird" myself.

Archived