ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

Thinking about it. Perhaps people should wait for a few months (2-4) to see if the trademarked version comes out before spending alot of cash on custom engravings... Will see how desperate I get and if this engraving shop gets back to me with a decent offer.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about it. Perhaps people should wait for a few months (2-4) to see if the trademarked version comes out before spending alot of cash on custom engravings... Will see how desperate I get and if this engraving shop gets back to me with a decent offer.

For 1 customer? they probably don't care.

I just bought the gun yesterday, full sized (they don't have the compact models yet) in FDE

Initial impressions:

Build quality is the best I've seen so far from WE

• Slide is annodized and was milled extensively in the finishing process (from a casting of course)
  • Sights are some sort of alloy, clean, properly aligned. Night sights do not light up much even when immediately after charging
  • Frame is very solid and fit to slide is near perfect, just enough play to cycle, but will not rattle even without a magazine inserted. Also no back and forth play like on the Glocks
  • Palm swells fit perfectly, nice rubber feeling
  • The seam in the frame is visible, but clean, but not polished down like on the WE Glock frames
  • The takedown pin in the spine of the grip does have some play as it needs to be removed to change the grips. Doesn't make a sound and it doesn't bother me too much
  • chamber and outerbarrel DO rattle, but very slightly, less so than the Glock
  • The inside of the outer barrel is NOT painted... similar to the WE XDM, has a cheap unfinished aluminum look
  • Brass barrel is clean and well crowned
  • All the black cast alloy parts, the recoil spring guide, internal fittings and slide rails are all fairly well cast, very little pitting, better than similar parts on my TM XDM

Operation:

• Recoil spring is strong, meant for green gas, slide returns to battery with a very clean clang. Best I've seen in a stock polymer framed pistol, comes close to my Hicapa 4.3 with a Guarder slide and a 150% recoil spring
  • Kick is softer than on the WE Glock, and much softer than on the TM XDM (I worry about the XDM, it kicks way too hard lol) and generally the gun is quieter, less snappy.
  • All the controls are smooth, well finished and have no excess play (the safety trigger has a slight sideways play, but this is to be expected given the nature of the joint and the tolerances of a 90 USD toy). I should mention that while the takedown lever is identical to the XDM, it doesn't have the same play that the TM one does, GJ WE!
  • I'm not sure if this is the case on the real pistol as well (I think it is), there is NO external indicator of any kind to indicate that the pistol is cocked. No pin like on the XDM, and the trigger does not move forward like on the Glocks.
  • Trigger is the same alloy as the other controls. Trigger pull is silky smooth and the break is unexpected, cannot feel the reset as on most GBB pistols. Overall I prefer it over the XDM and Glock polymer triggers.

Internals:

• As expected, very similar to the XDM/Glocks. Seems to be the high volume blowback valves.
  • Hopup is a new deisgn, but VERY similar to XDM/Glock, also a dial that you need to takedown to reach
  • No shooting tests yet, sorry

Magazine:

• Some sort of milled or forged steel casing, very solid, no play in the floorplate. Fills gas like a KSC magazine, not like the TM ones where the gas constantly gushes out. You will know it's full as soon as you stop hearing the soft hiss. No issues with leaks.
  • No markings other than bullet level markings

Overall, I think this is the best out of the box offering from WE so far, very good pistol, fits very well in my hand, better than the XDM and MUCH MUCH better than the Glock. Points well too. Basically the best ergo I have experienced in a stock pistol... on par with the TM PX4 (edges out slightly because the cocking is smoother thanks to the lack of the rotating chamber).

I will be testing it out tomorrow hopefully.

Man, this "Papago" guy doesn't mess around. More pics of his engraved M&P's:

At least the stock slide/frame surfaces seem to take well to engraving. For those that just HAVE to have them properly trademarked.

Anxiously awaiting the release of the "little bird" myself.

FYI, reading that thread, the FDE one is made for a Japanese customer...I think someone contacted him to get one done...He also re-"dye" the slide after engraving(I am not sure dye is the right translation for the word he used, might be blueing?).

God damnit IBMedic now you made me want it that much more, thanks for the info! HQ pics please and a video if you can ! :D

Also, blue frame version added to WE site; http://www.wemodel.com.tw/EN/ugC_ShowroomItem_Detail.asp?hidShowKindID=4&hidShowTypeID=21&hidShowCatID=0&hidShowID=240&hidClickNum=Y&txtPrdSts=N

I think re-dye just refers to repaitning, re-finishing, you can't blue pot metal alu AFAIK.

I think re-dye just refers to repaitning, re-finishing, you can't blue pot metal alu AFAIK.

Not blued as in how steel parts are blued, but there's a (cold) "blue" treatment you could do to aluminum or zinc diecast: Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black. Depending on the mix ratio from alu to zinc can vary from black to dark grey in color.

FWIW, I spoke to someone who works for Cybergun about the WE M&P and CG is allegedly in talks with WE to produce a trademarked version.

How long that will take to get to market is unknown.

Of course if CG gets involved that will certainly mean a higher price for trademarked version. If you want it cheap, get it now. If you want trades, wait and pay more, or spend money on custom engraving.

Mweh, Cybergun ***... Will probably clutter it with other *suitcase* as well. Guess I will try and persue that custom engraving after all.

Purple version up on WEModel.com.tw

http://www.wemodel.com.tw/EN/ugC_ShowroomItem_Detail.asp?hidShowKindID=4&hidShowTypeID=21&hidShowID=241

Completes the set.

No spare magazines have yet to hit the retailers, give it a few weeks and they should pop up.

Like many others, I'd snap up a complete HK3 trademarked M&P immediately for a small markup similar to how they shift the WE/HK3 Glocks. If HK3 trademarked slide and frame sets appeared, it's 50/50 whether I'd bother getting a WE to install them.

I have zero interest in buying a Cybergun "I paid the licence hoarder tax" version. The WE trademark, symbolizing countless guns that broke pretty much instantly, is quite embarrassing enough, thanks.

New video, I thought I had a stroke at first when he was talking, I was like "it sounds like English, but I can't understand anything" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze6qyAqD31Y

Man, it just looks so *fruitcage* comfortable, like it's going to melt and mesh into my hand. It probably will once I get it as I doubt I will let go of it very much :) !!!

Related video popped up;

I'm still trying to figure out why WE would include pink back straps. The RS M&P with pink grips wasn't exactly a hot seller and as sad as it makes me, the female demographic in airsoft isn't huge. It would have been (to me) preferable for them to include FDE grips as the second color option for the black gun, and black grips as the second color option for the FDE gun. Ah well.

I could hear a distinct trigger reset in that first video, but IBMedic said there was none on his gun. The RS trigger doesn't have much of a trigger break or reset either. Which is why I've had all my RS M&Ps reworked with a nice distinct short reset. Good to hear the trigger pre-travel is smooth. The RS trigger is horribly gritty. I just hope the WE pre-travel isn't too light like airsoft glocks are.

I'm not sure if this is the case on the real pistol as well (I think it is), there is NO external indicator of any kind to indicate that the pistol is cocked. No pin like on the XDM, and the trigger does not move forward like on the Glocks.

There isn't an external indicator on the M&P. I'm not a big fan of external indicators myself. They can be a little misleading. Some shooters lull themselves into the assumption that a external indicator showing the hammer is cocked implies a loaded chamber. Which it doesn't. I've seen many a shooter (both LE and Civvie) get burned by this in courses. And that's in a situation that isn't life or death. Would be horrible to bet your life on it and for the gun to go click and not bang when you truly need it to. Like any good instructor will tell you, while the first rule of firearm safety is "all guns are always loaded", truth is you should always know the condition of your gun which includes is the hammer cocked, gun ready to fire, and the remaining rounds in the gun. Same applies to airsoft. Your airsoft XD could be hammer cocked, chamber empty.

Unfortunatly that is your standard cheap laser engraving shop custom trades, sure, it is trademarks, but looks like *suitcase*...

UNCompany have a few of those for KJW as well, probably some partnership with a local laser engraving shop...

Better than nothing I guess but...

Dangit I am almost crying myself to sleep every night wanting this. I am waiting for reply from my retailer if they can get them customized with trades or not :o

Also, side note, this is probably one of the first pistols where I kind of like the tan frame better than the black one. Either way I am gonna get both, because they both look awesome :D

Time to sell the *suitcasey* RA Kimber and INO 1911 to get some funds ! :)

Did you try contacting that Papagu guy? Just thinking that after going through all that trouble maybe he offers it as a service.

He does sell those, apparently his customer are Japanese collectors. But if that is his market, I'd imagine the price will be pretty ridiculous for what is in the end a stock WE....

I too am wishing for a properly trademarked replica but the way I see it, if there were plans for HK3 to release their version, it would been done at the same time WE released their versions. This was true for the PX4, G series, & AFC Custom P226 "MK25 NAVY".

Just saying...

And touché about a Cybesuck replica...*fruitcage* Cybergun!

Contactung Papagu might just be an idea I guess. From what I read on arms-cool, either the total price was 6000 TWD, or it was an additional 6000 TWD for the customization. The gun itself is 3000 TWD so it's between 180-270 USD for the final product.

Might try and get in touch with him :o

Still waiting for feedback from my shop if they will get a customized one or not.

Yeh, seems like we should of heard or seen of a properly traded factory one if it was in the plans... But one can always hope.

Archived