ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why S&W wouldn't want to officially license this. I mean, I know it's WE but it seems half decent and they've licensed utter toss before. It would seem a good idea to get people into the M&P weapon system who could potentially move up to RS.

The S&W license has already been granted to CyberGun (from what I recall) and CG have in turn licensed the M&P to a manufacturer (who is in no way associated with WE). The pics I've seen of the early samples so far are very nice. Far nicer than the WE version. And the guns themselves look much more realistic.

Also I would think it's WE that doesn't want to bother with trades. Too much work for them. Just checked the pics, the serial plates of the two posted do not match so they are not the same gun. Aside som the frames being different colors giving it away :P

I guess the slide could be interchangeable betwen the two frames. Anyhows.

The engravings on the one I just posted are far worse than Papagos version.

I am still excited about my M&Ps that are inbound :)

To be clear (I thought it was clear before) WE aren't putting trades on their M&Ps because it's a copyright owned by Cybergun. And while WE have had no concerns about infringing upon various copyrights in the past, Cybergun is a corporate giant they simply can't afford to tangle with. I'm more than a little shocked they'd even dare infringe upon the tradedress (the silhouette and overall appearance of the gun) but perhaps that's where Cybergun draws the line (i.e. tradedress is ok, trademarks are not).

True GBB. Not those CO2 versions. This is a completely new and unseen product. It looks 100% authentic in execution.

Well that is interesting indeed. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for that. Do you have any idea when there might be an announcement?

Cybergun probably doesn't own the license to the trade dress, that will remain with Smith & Wesson. Cybergun will only own the License to make Airsoft Smith & Wessons ie airsoft guns with Smith & Wesson Trademarks.

That is why the usual suspects aren't doin a trademarked version, Cybergun are an Airsoft Company so will pursue copyright owned by them as it infringes there business. Smith & Wesson are not in the Airsoft Business so don't give a toss about the Trade Dress in Airsoft.

Considering how far along the samples I've seen are as well as what appears to be photoshoot product photography, I'm surprised that there already hasn't been an announcement. Given that nothing has been officially released yet, it leads me to believe that it's a calculated timing issue. And with Shot Show just around the corner, it's possible that they're waiting to announce at the show.

That is why the usual suspects aren't doin a trademarked version, Cybergun are an Airsoft Company so will pursue copyright owned by them as it infringes there business. Smith & Wesson are not in the Airsoft Business so don't give a toss about the Trade Dress in Airsoft.

Actually, most licensor RS manufacturers usually do empower the airsoft licensee to pursue both copyright and tradedress infringement. Tradedress infringement is however a much more difficult legal battle which is why most (but not all) licensees do not bother with it. It's easier to argue in a court of law over the name of something rather than the appearance of something. It can be done, just takes longer and a lot more money.

True GBB. Not those CO2 versions. This is a completely new and unseen product. It looks 100% authentic in execution.

I know someone who works for one of CG's subsidiaries and they are waiting for sample(s). If you've seen pix you must know someone there too.

I'm looking forward to seeing those... I know who the manufacturer is but am sworn to secrecy (for the time being anyway.)

I know who the manufacturer is but am sworn to secrecy (for the time being anyway.)

I think people will be surprised and well pleased when they see who's making them. The Glock samples I've seen that same company make (which never entered actual production) were simply beautiful inside and out. Their replica M&P pics I've seen were extremely hard to distinguish from the RS version.

Reckon it'll be KWC with a slim ( Please be so ) chance of Western Arms.

OK, enough, this is the WE M&P thread. If you wanna post news about another version make a new thread. With that said, it's going to be KWA, obviously... :P

No, no and no.

And no comment beyond that.

I guess the Compact is right around the corner now;

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-127343-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhgtQhkJbWKMfqH6s0CVRKHvZ8Ekxg

Shame about the birds on the mag extensions... bad enough with the WE logo on the grip :(

Decent bundle of stuff in the box;

dsc03067yh.jpg

If I read it right release is Dec 8, this saturday, same as full size (saturday). So I guess a week or two on top of that for it to trickle down to the HK shops.

Archived