ACM M&P. Don't tell me WE have beaten TM to it.........

FireKnife

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaw man... Sounds so nice !

I am having trouble getting one sourced locally ASAP... Importing from HK has become a bit of a hassle so... Gonna hold out a little more but we shall see. Might just order both black and tan at once to make sure I don't miss out on either one :D

Oh yeah, considering how good it seems, how much does the lack of trades bother you ? :o

It is what it is I'm afraid but don't let that detract from how good this little beastie is NonEx. Yeah it's light but so's a glock without its mag for example.

Still worth getting IMHO.

Just out of interest I just weighed a few of my other pistols as a comparison.

WE G17

With mag 768g

Without 499g

XDMc

With mag 735g

Without 514g

TM XDM

With mag 753g

Without 469g

One thing I noticed, which I hadn't til I did this comparison was that the M&P is a very thin gun. The grip is much more slender than say either the XDM or G17 an so the frame I thinner ergo less weight. The slide isn't as deep either which will contribute but overall it makes it incredibly pointable and quickly.

G :fear2: WD Damn, I wish this pistol had trademarks... :(

EDIT: Now if HK3 released a trademarked slide, lower frame, & mags, (like the Glocks) I'm wondering if Cybersuck would make a stink about it? Again, is seems that there are no HK3 releases for the newer pistols and that I would think, it would make logical sense to release just the parts needed to make a proper pistol. :gun2:

On the real gun, the majority of the M&P's weight is in the slide assembly. The gun was over engineered by S&W to be a stronger gun OOTB compared to a Glock. The M&P was originally designed around the .40 S&W caliber. It was then adapted to work with the 9mm. Glocks on the other hand was originally built to be a 9mm and then forced to accept the .40 S&W round which is why the Glock .40's tend to have issues. My real M&Ps feel pretty solid and weighty inspite of the polymer lower.

As for the weight discrepancy between this and the real deal, you could probably reduce the weight disparity by adding some adhesive lead strips to the polymer frame to make it feel more realistic. That's what I'm planning anyway.

I'm actually more interested in finding out how to make the trigger pull heavier than a standard GBB trigger pull. The slack on all my airsoft GBB G17s is slicky smooth, just like on my real G17s and M&Ps. But the airsoft ones are a lot lighter. I'd like to figure out if there are spring upgrades out there with heavier pull weights so I can get something more similar to my 3.5 - 4 lbs RS trigger pull.

I noticed recently the SAPH came out with an Enhanced Trigger Lever Spring for the TM G17. I'm wondering if the WE M&P uses the same spring. Regardless, I doubt even at 150% of the OEM pull weight if it'd still be as strong as the real thing. That would actually be a smart after market accessory for someone to make. Different enhanced trigger lever springs with different pull weights for various guns. That way you can make the trigger feel like anything from a competition trigger, to a CCW trigger to a duty trigger (heck ... even a NYPD plus 12 trigger).

I had always said airsoft H&K USPs triggers were so sweet compared to an actual USP, they were... almost like a real Sig. Airsoft guns tend to give you a spoiled impression of firearms triggers.

Some of my buddies recently picked up a PX4 and a Glock 17 from WE, and another is considering the M&P. I wonder how it'll turn out.

Aaaah. I am so torn on this. I want this bad, but no local retailer has it, and importing is a hassle... Get it now and wait 2 weeks for delivery or, wait 2 weeks and wait for them to get in locally.

Still havinh hopes of a traded version coming out but *fruitcage* knows, it's not looking good on that front IMO...

:o

AAAAAH!!!

I wanted this on release date and now it's like I am stuck in perogatory!

That would actually be a smart after market accessory for someone to make. Different enhanced trigger lever springs with different pull weights for various guns.

What really makes RS triggers heavier isn't so much the trigger spring but the load of the hammer/striker (spring) locking up against the sear. As I make springs I've been meaning to look into the matter after hearing that a bit, although more than likely it will have to be a separate spring installed adding extra load to the trigger only so as not to prematurely wear down the essential bits.

What really makes RS triggers heavier isn't so much the trigger spring but the load of the hammer/striker (spring) locking up against the sear.

I understood that. But as you well know the trigger lever spring is a different mechanism in the GBB pistol compared to the real thing. The slack take up on a GBB Glock and M&P type gun is derived from the trigger lever spring. You'd have to have a stronger trigger lever spring to more closely mimic the RS feel of the slack take up on a RS trigger.

Just put in an order with a local shop for 1x black and 1x tan! :D

Delivery time approx 2 weeks, woop wooh ! Should have done this the second they dropped in TW, stupid me for relying on what I thought was a close-to-the-source shop.

FYI the one shop I was in discussion with about making a customized M&P with trades etc. is still persuing that so it may work out in the end if nothing else comes along :)

I shall provide a proper review once I receive my pistols! In video form, high quality and hopefully lots of good info :)

So if no one else beats me to it, hold on for 2-3 weeks. I will prep as much as I can until I get the guns so I can do the review ASAP.

Archived